New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Matt Beaulne

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys great thread, wanted to contribute for all the Canadians out there.

Placed order 11:40 est time order still pending and no tracking email as of yet. Congrats to all whom have received their device, enjoy!!!

I'm in Toronto and I ordered : November 13, 2012 8:44:32 AM UTC-8 (11:44 EST) and have not received my notice, either.

Adj5633

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys great thread, wanted to contribute for all the Canadians out there.

Placed order 11:40 est time order still pending and no tracking email as of yet. Congrats to all whom have received their device, enjoy!!!

I'm in Toronto and I ordered : November 13, 2012 8:44:32 AM UTC-8 (11:44 EST) and have not received my notice, either.

Also forgot to mention I'm in Montreal

Andrew Newbaker

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../play.google.com/store/account&token=X5DBZdG2

I ordered an N4 on the 13th and an N10 on the 14th. From the link above, It is showing me an estimated shipping date for both. My N4 will ship today, and N10 will ship tomorrow. However, I have not received an email about either one since the orignal receipts.

I went through this with my N7 pre-order several months back. I didn't actually receive a tracking number at all. The N7 just appeared.

danamccall

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My order was placed at 12:06 PST on Tuesday. Where are you seeing a shipping date on that store/account page? Mine shows Name | Category | Price | Date | Status | Options. The Date for my 16GB N4 is 11/13 while the cancelled 8GB unit is 11/14. Is that a transaction date? Under Status, my 16GB says "Complete | Info". I click on Info and it takes me to my Wallet page for the order, however I only see order information and there is nothing on the page about "Shipping" other than the ShipTo address.

I did NOT order a bumper.

Last edited:

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
We?ve shipped all standalone Nexus 7 8GB orders (e.g.: those without a case, charger or Nexus Q). By the end of day on July 19 (PDT), we will have shipped all standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through July 11 (PDT), and upgraded these orders to overnight shipping. We will process the remaining standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders by the end of next week with overnight shipping.

If you ordered your tablet with a case, charger or Nexus Q, your Nexus 7 will ship this week with overnight shipping, in some cases ahead of the rest of your order. But don?t worry, the rest of your order will be on its way soon.

Are they using the same policy here for nexus 4? shipping to those who did not order the bumpers? All those who received their nexus 4 can please confirm that they haven't ordered bumpers? Thanks in advance...

Google Addresses Nexus 7 Shipping Delays | TechnoBuffalo

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a bumper and whilst the phone has arrived the bumper hasn't (UK) - I'm not too brassed off about them arriving that way round though.. That said I ordered the bumper a few hours after ordering the N4 although during the same working day.

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Torotonto here,

Nexus 4 (8GB) Devices

CA$309.00

November 13, 2012

Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012
Info

Help Center

Been like that since Tuesday.

flowmaster9

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Another Toronto guy here, I'm in the same boat. Ordered "8:37:36 AM UTC-8", with "shipping estimate: november 15, 2012" and no shipping notice as of yet

Tinmania

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is there any chance really of getting this tomorrow? I have been an iPhone guy since day-one in 2007 and the suspense is killing me here! Dang.

I have a feeling it is only shipping today, two-day, which means Monday delivery. If so I wish they didn't take so long to actually ship the thing. Two-day shipping doesn't mean much if you take another two days before even shipping it.

Michael

Perry Fabiano

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My order was placed at 12:06 PST on Tuesday. Where are you seeing a shipping date on that store/account page? Mine shows Name | Category | Price | Date | Status | Options. The Date for my 16GB N4 is 11/13 while the cancelled 8GB unit is 11/14. Is that a transaction date? Under Status, my 16GB says "Complete | Info". I click on Info and it takes me to my Wallet page for the order, however I only see order information and there is nothing on the page about "Shipping" other than the ShipTo address.

In the exact same boat as you, ordered at very nearly the exact same time. No shipping info or shipping email, and the order status has said simply "Complete" since Tuesday

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well this is completely unacceptable now, to be honest a lot of people are in Google's defense stating that its not easy to do this and so on, however, after this much time and the team of people/computers they have/should have in play on this operation Google should have gotten it together. It's literally as simple as printing a label and pasting it on the box, then handing it over to UPS. Not much work involved as computers deal with 90% of the work...unacceptable all together, apple performed better (sad to say).

This has killed most of my excitement for having/needing a new phone as I broke my old one and am using an old flip phone for work and need email access constantly. I'm just hoping that the phone exceeds my expectations or I'll have to return it as Google already ruined much of my experience already.

usrnm_tkn

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My order line item now says DELIVERY ESTIMATE 15 NOVEMBER; pretty sure it used to read SHIPPING ESTIMATE... don't know if I should read too much into this, but thought I'd pass on the information.
I haven't received any sort of shipping confirmation email or anything.

aaridici

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just to iterate over my experience with UPS 2 day shipping ( I had over 1000 packages shipped to me with 2 day shipping in the last 4 years), I have made some observations on how long it takes for UPS to deliver. So I got my tracking email at 4:42 AM EST. Therefore, it is 1:42 cali time.

There are two possibilities here. Either Google only created labels and did not actually ship the devices at this point OR they sent us the shipping info couple hours later after they loaded the trucks and did their inventory related tasks and confirmed that the products were actually shipped. I believe the 2nd case is more likely. If 2nd case is true now there are 2 more options. First and foremost is that Google shipped somewhere not too far from where I am (Philadelphia). If so, my experience with UPS suggests that they will make an attempt to deliver it by the end of Friday because they received the products late Wednesday night and that means Friday is the second day. However, if the product has shipped from west coast or somewhere as far away, then because of the time difference and so on (and the fact that they don't guarantee the second day delivery) they won't consider Wednesday and simply start the tracker on Thursday which puts the delivery date on Monday.

Distance is the key point here. Last night I ordered something from Amazon. They shipped late last night from somewhere in NJ. It is already out for delivery as of 6 AM today.

hhurtado1

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I still show shipping estimate 11/15. No tracking.
Ordered 5:05PM CST
Texas

Ships from texas so that helps.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

flowmaster9

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My order line item now says DELIVERY ESTIMATE 15 NOVEMBER; pretty sure it used to read SHIPPING ESTIMATE... don't know if I should read too much into this, but thought I'd pass on the information.
I haven't received any sort of shipping confirmation email or anything.

Mine seems to alternate between 'delivery' and 'shipping' - estimate. Oddly enough, on my computer it reads 'shipping', but when I access the play store through my iPhone 4's browser, it reads 'delivery'. I don't think it means anything.

aaridici

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I would like to remind you something though. Apple takes pre-orders and they take their sweet time (2 weeks the least) to print the shipping labels and send the packages. At the time of pre-orders, Apple is actually sitting on the products and delaying them on purpose in exchange for a better user experience. Google on the other hand, stated that it ships in 2 business days (That's what it said when I bought it), and they delivered on their promise. I would take 2 business days shipping over 2 weeks shipping. However, this does not mean that taking pre-orders are a bad idea. In fact that is the area where Google was mistaken by not taking pre-orders. The experience could (and would) have been much better.

Well this is completely unacceptable now, to be honest a lot of people are in Google's defense stating that its not easy to do this and so on, however, after this much time and the team of people/computers they have/should have in play on this operation Google should have gotten it together. It's literally as simple as printing a label and pasting it on the box, then handing it over to UPS. Not much work involved as computers deal with 90% of the work...unacceptable all together, apple performed better (sad to say).

This has killed most of my excitement for having/needing a new phone as I broke my old one and am using an old flip phone for work and need email access constantly. I'm just hoping that the phone exceeds my expectations or I'll have to return it as Google already ruined much of my experience already.

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
How is this unacceptable when you clicked on an "Add to Cart" button with the words "Delivered in 3-5 business days" directly above it, and we are on day 2?

Actually it stated 2-4 business day for me, that's including 2 day shipping. Then I called (multiple times) and spoke with different reps and was told the exact same thing, to expect it by friday (won't ever happen) and monday (at this rate won't happen), believe me I was all for defending Google before as I ship out product weekly through my own company; but now this is just sad they should have let someone else handle this since they seem to be so new to shipping tangible objects. Google sucks in my books for the moment...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac