New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

ctechnow

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Everytime i see a new email my heart races then i find that its an email notification for a new post to this thread haha. The suspense is killing me! I hope I'm not part of the last wave of backorder emails..

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I ordered late, at 2:46pm EST. It was mentioned earlier, and it makes sense that for an overwhelming amount of orders nationwide, the orders go out by region, and not by time ordered. From the 5 people I've seen (looked briefly) who posted locations with their back order email proclamations, the furthest west was Cincinatti.

I am in Louisville less than 2 miles form thre distribution site and received an email stating my order was backordered. Google has managed to make Apple and the iPhone 5 snafu look like precision. Maybe a little planning and thought process the next time they do something like this if they want to maintain or keep customer confidence.

ctechnow

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Got the backorder email, well that's that.

I contacted them about my order yesterday and they said everything looked good with it and that it will ship by the evening of the 15th. Now I get this email!? Do you mean to tell me that when I emailed them they couldn't have checked to see that they were already out of stock. Something is not right here.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I contacted them about my order yesterday and they said everything looked good with it and that it will ship by the evening of the 15th. Now I get this email!? Do you mean to tell me that when I emailed them they couldn't have checked to see that they were already out of stock. Something is not right here.

Unfortunately Google CS seems to be never told anything and only give you answers to satisfy you until you call back and talk to someone else or just give up.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately Google CS seems to be never told anything and only give you answers to satisfy you until you call back and talk to someone else or just give up.

This is true for most every company's customer service unfortunately. If you're on a forum, you can get bet you know twice as much as the CS rep you're calling.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
waiting for election counting from Ohio? i dont think anyone would have been this nervous even during the election counting... dafuq google... break the silence soon...

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My dad got the backorder email and now he's upset. I don't blame him, this is a disaster. I haven't got the email yet for my 16GB. We ordered at the same time and they have the same shipping address.

jlk_250

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So far I have received no emails from Google, even a confirmation email that it says in Google Wallet that they sent when I placed my order. My Google Play account says it is due to ship on 11/15, same as everyone. My Google Wallet account says it was ordered on 11/13 and has an order number and payment info. It seems like some people have or had "pre-ordered" showing in Google Wallet, though most people haven't said what is showing in Google Wallet. So, for those of you who got the backorder email, what did it say in Google Wallet and what does it say now?

For reference, I am in the Central time zone USA and ordered just one 8GB version (wanted 16GB but no luck on that) at 11:07 AM (after 15-20 minutes of frantic attempts).

Edit--Correction. In Google Wallet it shows the transaction as Pending. If I click on the "Info" hyperlink for the transaction it gives a PO and other info. No emails at all yet so I am hoping for the best.

Last edited:

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Can people please post their location when they post they got the back order email? It's not giving us much when you just post that you got the back order email but would really help with location. Thank you! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800