New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ordered at 8:34am CST. Never received a confirmation email although the order was pending on Wallet and my card was charged. Called and was told my order did go through the rush may have caused emails not to send.

Email with confirmation number this morning said it has been shipped. :D

I believe the back order may have something to do with the time the order was placed. :-\

Last edited:

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
called ups / google and was trying to switch the package to be held at the UPS location on Monday since I am flying home for thanks giving monday afternoon. i even had the google customer service call UPS while i was on the line to give authorization and UPS still could not do it.

basically google ships their packages with a restriction that you cannot modify the terms to allow the package to be held at a location or modified until after the first delivery attempt. basically my options are 1) pray to god it is delivered early monday, 2) have it left with roommate or by door and have it sitting at home for a week until I return, or 3) ask UPS to not leave by the door and after the first attempt, modify the address to be delivered to my parents house and select overnight or two day shipping so i receive it but would have to pay $$ to accomplish this. probably not worth the hassle and will just have to have it sitting at home for a week. damn you GOOGLE!!!!

Clone9

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I called and they assured me that my unit is reserved. Here is a quote from the email they sent afterwards:

"Thank you for contacting Google Play! As we discussed your order is still being processed, and once processing completes you'll be given an tracking number. Please rest assure that your order I.D number is confirmation that your device is reserved."

I am in Boston and haven't gotten the backorder email yet....

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I called and they assured me that my unit is reserved. Here is a quote from the email they sent afterwards:

"Thank you for contacting Google Play! As we discussed your order is still being processed, and once processing completes you'll be given an tracking number. Please rest assure that your order I.D number is confirmation that your device is reserved."

I am in Boston and haven't gotten the backorder email yet....

LOL right. I got the backorder email, yet the status in wallet/play store has not changed. Awesome if they actually ship it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

GOOGLE FIAL

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow, just got the email about the backorder. I immediately called Google and asked them about it. They said that email was dispatched to anyone who bought more than 1 item in the Play Store. She said that it does not mean much regarding the shipping time and what not. I'm pretty sure she was bull ting me. Mean while, ten minutes ago when I called they said I'd have my phone tmmr...

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
One more note that the rep told me over that phone was that a lot of people that will receive the back order email have ordered more than 1 unit on the same visa or payment method or more than 1 order at the same shipping address...

ewturner

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I also received a back-order notice from Google. I'm not going to do anything rash like cancel my phone. I still want the device, and I don't think that allowing back-orders is a bad thing. Really I think everyone should be able to place an order to wait in line for their phone. What upsets me is that they took 48 hours to tell me my phone was back-ordered. I find it hard to believe that the orders aren't handled automatically, checked against a database to know that they had this many orders and they have this many phones in stock. They had to know they had sold more phones than they had. Even if they were counting on several orders being canceled, I would be a lot happier now if they had said upfront that my order was back-ordered. Then if by some miracle someone cancelled their order and I received my device I would be ecstatic rather than upset.
If Google wants to change the way people by cell phones they really need to work on their store, server crashes are unacceptable for a company with as big of a web presence as Google. Offer preorders so that there is not such a huge load on their servers, and they have an indication of the popularity of the device. Have much faster processeing, in a world where amazon can get almost everything to your house the next day and you can walk into any carrier and walk out with a phone immediately 2 days to process the order before shipping is unacceptable. Finally and this is the biggest thing they need to work on communication and customer service. So much of the anger around here is because no one knows what is going on with their device. Was my order successful? When will my phone ship? When will the next batch be available? Is the next batch really 3 weeks out? how can that be possible?
Anyway I'm done ranting but I really felt like I had to do it.

I agree. Also, I called and the rep told me my order was fine and I should be getting a shipping notice tonight or tomorrow morning. When I asked for clarification on the email about backorders he recanted and I ended up talking to a supervisor. No phone for up-to 3 weeks ( they kept stressing that it was up-to 3 weeks).

woodbane

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Ever being one to look for the silver lining, at least those whose devices are back orderd (including me) will probably have time to get their cases and screen protectors in time for the devices arrival.

As per Monty Python: "Always look on the bright side of life" :)

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Toronto Canada - I'm on back order

Order Date: November 13, 2012 8:53:29 AM UTC-8

Are any Canadians going to get this? PS Google I am going to find something else if possible. I'm not going another 3 weeks on my ass replacement phone.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
It seems that a majority of the backorder emails are being sent to those that ordered 30+ minutes after sales went live. I finally got through around ~10 minutes of sales starting and have not received any back order email yet.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow, just got the email about the backorder. I immediately called Google and asked them about it. They said that email was dispatched to anyone who bought more than 1 item in the Play Store. She said that it does not mean much regarding the shipping time and what not. I'm pretty sure she was bull ting me. Mean while, ten minutes ago when I called they said I'd have my phone tmmr...

Someone on SD said that a Google rep told them that it was a problem with UPS taking everyone's orders and that it'll take an extra day or two to ship because of this. I highly doubt that since they easily could have said that shipping is delayed since they are refunding shipping anyway. But anyway....Google reps seem to be making it up on the fly.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I called this morning into Google support and they said that I should receive my phone Friday or Monday but that the system and UPS are having issues dealing with some of the problems from launch which are slowing the emails and other systems down. To many people placing duplicate orders then canceling after realizing they ordered 5 instead of 1. So I'm assuming my email is just late but I'm not expecting a delivery until Monday. Don't want to get disappointed for no reason. He said I should get my tracking number today though so hopefully its already been shipping since early this morning.

kjmitch

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
November 13, 2012 11:43:49 AM UTC-5
Shipping to Maryland
No shipping confirmation, no backorder email.

It probably makes no difference at all. But I ordered two by accident, and canceled one of them immediately.

steve31

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I only bought a 16gb no bumper and I got the email. Backorder