New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Derek712

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
i just called a nexus rep because i have yet to receive the back order or shipment conformation and he told me that my order was "good to go" that UPS most likely already has it but they are so overwhelmed that UPS has not sent them the conformation so they can let me know whats going on. im more confused than i was before i called them. how does that happen. i ordered mines at 11:42 EST a Nexus 4 16GB and a bumper case

I ordered exactly 1 minute before you and am in the same boat with the same order. Guess I just look at my doorstep tomorrow afternoon and hope for the best!

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess the whole thing I don't get about the Google order process, is WHY are people with Order#'s after people's getting theirs? That makes ZERO sense. I can tell their Order#'s are sequential as to when you ordered them because all 4 (yes 4!) that I supposedly ordered have the same 20digit#, but the last 2 numbers and their sequential. So, if your Order# 1000, then why are order#'s after getting theirs? They should fullfill the orders as they come in by their Order#. Order#1, #2, etc. till they are sold out.
Am I missing something here??? Shouldn't make where your located/how many you ordered/8GB/16GB/etc... You fullfill the orders as they come in..

Agreed.

Makes absolutely no sense.

It's like showing up 8 hours before the doors open for Black Friday yet they let people in to buy stuff that arrived hours after you yet won't let you in the store to buy anything, yet they take your money and tell you nothing.

I'm really starting to despise Google because of this. Nonstop comedy of errors at my expense! :banghead::mad:

Sent from my Nexus 7

Sven#IM

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
"In Canada (Toronto) here, received my UPS tracking information from Google @ 6:05pm. Ordered a 16GB Nexus 4 and 16GB Nexus 7 @ 11:47:35 AM EST on Tuesday."

I ordered the exact same thing at the EXACT SAME TIME, and I'm told that I'm on backorder. What are they doing? a random drawing? This is beyond ridiculous.

:mad: :confused:

Last edited:

godofdoom999

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I order my N4 16gb at 11:46 and I got my UPS notification at 4am EST. The package is already at NY by 5pm.... but according to UPS im expect to receive it on Monday. Guess my N4 will stay over at UPS facility over the weekend.

RonWeez

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
yea im confused as to why/how may UPS have my device but they havent charged my card yet. Im really upset at this whole process. Google did themselves a diservice because they are going to lose a lot of customers who werent already "loyal customers".
Same here bro... I ordered 11:46EST.. 16GB and no bumper. I got off the phone with a rep about 10mins ago and couldn't say "yes" or "no". "Just wait and see by tomorrow if you get a shipment email". Downright piss poor job :(

bwood2016

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Still am in the limbo boat. I have yet to receive either a shipping or backorder email. I'm hoping that I never receive the backorder email (obviously). Guess I'll just have to wait tomorrow and see if I'm lucky and my package shows up, because it doesn't seem like I'm going to get anything out of Google.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Mine has been updated to say that it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Guess I'd better go get a SIM card from Walmart tomorrow...

Jigu005

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I order my N4 16gb at 11:46 and I got my UPS notification at 4am EST. The package is already at NY by 5pm.... but according to UPS im expect to receive it on Monday. Guess my N4 will stay over at UPS facility over the weekend.
Hey I got the same when I called UPS, but my tracking number just updated to say delivery tomorrow. Just keep checking for updates...

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Why hasn't Google released something which answers all of these questions, and saves them from having people call them?

Hire me Google, I'll fix your PR problems in a minute.

rupes0610

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine at 10:42:57AM CT and have yet to recieve any shipping info or a tracking number. Ordered 16GB Nexus 4 no bumper. Google Wallet says it is still pending. I called and a Google rep said it is going to ship sometime today or tomorrow and may have already shipped. Their system is just overloaded right now so emails are coming out randomly. What is the earliest time that anyone placed an order?

Clone9

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
i just called a nexus rep because i have yet to receive the back order or shipment conformation and he told me that my order was "good to go" that UPS most likely already has it but they are so overwhelmed that UPS has not sent them the conformation so they can let me know whats going on. im more confused than i was before i called them. how does that happen. i ordered mines at 11:42 EST a Nexus 4 16GB and a bumper case

I just heard the exact same thing. He even used the phrase "good to go"....maybe it was the same guy. I ordered one 16GB N4 no bumper at 11:35 CST.