New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

flowmaster9

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
"In Canada (Toronto) here, received my UPS tracking information from Google @ 6:05pm. Ordered a 16GB Nexus 4 and 16GB Nexus 7 @ 11:47:35 AM EST on Tuesday."
I ordered the exact same thing at the EXACT SAME TIME, and I'm told that I'm on backorder. What are they doing? a random drawing? This is beyond ridiculous.

:mad: :confused:

I ordered at 11:37:33 AM EST and I got the back order email earlier today.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
+1

I held off calling for fear of getting nowhere fast but just now decided to call just in case...

The very nice rep told me that if I haven't received a backorder email by now then I'm fine! UPS is backed up and it may take until tomorrow morning for a shipping email to make it through.

A tiny ray of hope for the find of people like me who ordered early yet ate on status limbo. All we can do is pray now...

Sent from my Nexus 7
At least the last couple people seem to be getting the same answer. I'm afraid to call because A) I might get an answer that'll make me sad and B) with all the different answer people have been getting id still be second guessing whatever they told me, good or bad.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I hope i'm wrong, mine says processing.

Mine says processing... But mine always says processing for up to a week after my Nexus 7s shipped so I'm not using that as a barometer. My bank is slow to update it but maybe yours isn't, dunno but I've had my Nexii in my hands days before it said " charged".

Sent from my Nexus 7

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, well...what a nice surprise my Nexus 4 is being delivered tomorrow. Didn't expect it until Monday. That sure made my evening.

erg54gg5.png

Last edited:

hhurtado1

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
For those who have got backorder emails. Are you still showing shipping estimate for 11/15?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bwood2016

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Decided to call them again just for the heck of it. Got the answer that most people seem to be getting now, that if I haven't received a backordered email that I am in the clear and should be receiving a shipping confirmation email. Know that they're not always correct (if ever), but I sure as heck hope that he was right.

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to call them again just for the heck of it. Got the answer that most people seem to be getting now, that if I haven't received a backordered email that I am in the clear and should be receiving a shipping confirmation email. Know that they're not always correct (if ever), but I sure as heck hope that he was right.

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, when I ordered my Galaxy Nexus from the play store, the order stayed pending in Wallet right up until I got the shipping email.

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just called up Google support, and they told me that any order that was made on time (what is that supposed to mean?) should be good to go. He told me that although I have not received my tracking information yet I should get it tomorrow and the latest it should be delivered would be monday. Half of the stuff he said I couldn't understand though, he was talking so fast and seemed to be in a hurry or under a lot of pressure. I'm pretty sure he said that even Google doesn't know the shipping specifics since and all he could tell me was that if I received the receipt from Google Play I would be getting it. So theoretically since Google doesn't know exactly which orders have shipped yet, my precious Nexus 4 could have shipped today and might (unlikely though) get delivered by tomorrow.

hhurtado1

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I am not upset about it being backordered or not. I just want to know.

Google - Can I please have an real ETA? I don't mind if it is 11/20 or 12/10, just give me a date.

Edit: A date that is accurate.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Just called up Google support, and they told me that any order that was made on time (what is that supposed to mean?) should be good to go. He told me that although I have not received my tracking information yet I should get it tomorrow and the latest it should be delivered would be monday. Half of the stuff he said I couldn't understand though, he was talking so fast and seemed to be in a hurry or under a lot of pressure. I'm pretty sure he said that even Google doesn't know the shipping specifics since and all he could tell me was that if I received the receipt from Google Play I would be getting it. So theoretically since Google doesn't know exactly which orders have shipped yet, my precious Nexus 4 could have shipped today and might (unlikely though) get delivered by tomorrow.
Dunno, I don't believe it. IF the phone was truely already shipped, there would be a UPS Mychoice notification (oh you haven't signed up? you better!). Even if Google's tracking email is slow getting out, the UPS website confirm would not be. Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure. As soon as UPS gets the slightest wind of anything to your address, you'll be notified. Way ahead of Google's..

aireyc1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You people who keep calling Google don't realize how annoying you are. Have a little patience. The reps clearly don't know what's going on and they're just saying things to get you guys off the phone. I could see people starting to call tomorrow if they haven't heard anything, but some of you have been calling for like two days now. Nothing better to do with your lives?

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if UPS will leave the package under my carport, or will it require someone to be home and sign for it?

I called UPS and asked this very question. The rep said he sees nothing that states a signature is required. UPS reps are in my experience spot on with their information. He did mention to me however that the driver can require a signature if he/she sees fit.