New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone with UPS MyChoice have a tracking #, yet their Play Store says est. ship date Nov. 15?

Did anyone with two orders get the backorder e-mail more than once?

- - - Updated - - -

I moved to this apartment 2-3 months ago and when it pulls the security questions to confirm "My" identity, it's people/streets I don't know. Must be someone else with my name or something.

Sign up using your old address and a reasonable facsimile of your actual date of birth. Once you get through the security questions, you will be asked to enter one or more shipping addresses you want to have monitored; at that point you can enter your current address.

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Sign up using your old address and a reasonable facsimile of your actual date of birth. Once you get through the security questions, you will be asked to enter one or more shipping addresses you want to have monitored; at that point you can enter your current address.
Thanks for the tip, however I just did that after you mentioned it and it didn't work. I signed up successfully using my home address (parent's house I grew up in) and just tried to add an address after but it fails the identity check - doesn't even get to the questions. It says:
"Based on the information you provided, we are not able to verify your identity at this time. Please confirm the information is correct or learn how it may be resolved. (1013)"

Ladeef

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm in the same boat as most of you guys, haven't been backordered but still a pending wallet transaction with no tracking or shipment info. Giving up tonight as well.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'm in the same boat as most of you guys, haven't been backordered but still a pending wallet transaction with no tracking or shipment info. Giving up tonight as well.

PlayStore customer service is open 24/7; give them a call just to annoy them and let them know you are monitoring the situation.

I have not received any emails at all - not even the initial order confirmation (see my post http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ification-tracking-number-25.html#post2331727). I just called at about 3:00AM Eastern and was told that my N4s should ship today and arrive Monday but I honestly think that was jut typical CS "tell them what they want to hear and they will go away" talk.

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Posted on the XDA forum:
The backorder email was a mass email for anyone who didn't have tracking number at the time. The csr told me they are fulfilling backorders on the basis of time of placed order so it can takes up to 3 weeks to be filled but I'm hoping a lot of ppl will see shipped phones by early next week

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Posted on the XDA forum:

I have not received a single email - NOT a confirmation email, NOT a shipping email, NOT a backorder email. As of about an hour ago, customer service tells me that I am on track for Monday delivery. And, yes, my registered email address is correct. See my previous post http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ification-tracking-number-25.html#post2331727

Curious about one thing - my registered email address is to a gmail account. For those who are / are not receiving emails, are you on gmail or some other service?

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well you dont have to get a shipping email to have a tracking number. Lots of people only know about their shipment due to UPS MyChoice. If it's true (no tracking # = backorder email), then you have a tracking number possibly...that or just no e-mails go to you...heh. I have G-mail and got order confirmation and backorder.

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to receive a back-order email or tracking email. I have UPS mychoice and nothing there either. The lack of communication just baffles me. I even called CS and the girl couldn't even answer why I haven't gotten either of those emails. She couldn't say if i was back-ordered or it is indeed shipping. I had ordered a 16Gb N4 at 836a PST and didn't have any problems with my order. The only oddity was the confirmation email was sent an hour later. it is now 355am nov 16th central time.

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the back order email and I look under Google play my orders and settings it says
Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012 and its the 16th and I'm going to get it within 3 weeks......
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 1 8gb at 11:45 best Tuesday... Got confirmation 30 min later.

Now I sit with no shipping confirmation no back order email.. Still says in Google play " shopping estimate" 15th. Signed up for my choice and no email from ups either.
Fun.

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I've just spoken to Google, have to say no official word been passed down from above to the people having to take calls irate a**holes like me. Guy was very apologetic, admitted that the website allowed more people to order than they had physical stock. Told me that my account still saying Shipping 15th November is a glitch they are working on and that they were woefully under prepared for the quantity or orders received.

Basically, I have to wait, no proper explanation other than - we f*cked up. At least they are honest I suppose....

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Would be nice if they do what they did with the Q and give us our phones free for all the grief and mixups

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Now I sit with no shipping confirmation no back order email.. Still says in Google play " shopping estimate" 15th. Signed up for my choice and no email from ups either.
Fun.

+1

Since I'm flailing around here in complete darkness I'm going to call my cc company today and ask if my purchase from google is showing up as a pending/hold, or if it has actually been fully charged and is a completed sale. If it's the latter maybe I'll hold out hope that this thing has actually shipped and the Play store just hasn't updated things yet.

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Same here on my end.... was hoping to see something sitting in my inbox this morning but... nope

I don't know what to make of it now

Fun.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've just spoken to Google, have to say no official word been passed down from above to the people having to take calls irate a**holes like me. Guy was very apologetic, admitted that the website allowed more people to order than they had physical stock. Told me that my account still saying Shipping 15th November is a glitch they are working on and that they were woefully under prepared for the quantity or orders received.

Basically, I have to wait, no proper explanation other than - we f*cked up. At least they are honest I suppose....

That's what I was afraid of. I ordered at 11:38AM est. in the U.S. I haven't heard anything other than the confirmation email. Google play still says estimated shipping November 15. I also have Ups My choice and have heard nothing from them. Hopefully I will get my devices by Monday or Tuesday but, I'm not sure now (which is what I expected from the beginning).

It's frustrating but there is nothing we can do. It's not like I'm going to stop ordering from Google. Whenever they come out with something new we just have to be prepared that there will be problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joshhamm

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been watching this thread ever since the 13th and I thought I would go ahead and share my experience.
On the 13th, I sat on the Google Play store with the Nexus 4 up and ready to go whenever it went live. I practiced buying a Nexus 7 just to make sure all my information was already filled in and so that I would know just how many clicks it would take in order for me to secure my Nexus 4 16gb. Starting at around 7:00 AM EST I monitored the store refreshing every few minutes; no extensions or anything, just hitting the refresh button. Finally at around 11:32 AM EST I saw that it was live and I actually did a double take because I thought they would go on sale around 12 like everyone else.
My purchase was relatively easy. I didn't have any lag problems with the store and I only suffered one minor hiccup. I hit add to cart as soon as I saw it and the store took me to the cart but it was empty. I hit the back button then added it to my cart again and it was there. I hit my address and card information and confirmed everything. It was the fasted 384$ I had ever spent. But besides the first tiny issue, I had no problems at all. I got a confirmation email just a few minutes later and now my UPS status says that it will be delivered today(11-16-12). Overall I haven't had any issues. I placed my order with no issues and they took my money with no issues.
Sorry for the novel I just wrote. Here are some additional details just in case.
I am in Northern GA, about 2 hours north of Atlanta.
I placed my order at 11:33 and 13 seconds Eastern time and received the confirmation email at 11:34.
My package started in Kentucky, went to Tennessee, then to Atlanta and is now in Roswell for delivery.
I hope this helps you guys!

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty much exactly how my store experience went

I've been watching this thread ever since the 13th and I thought I would go ahead and share my experience.
On the 13th, I sat on the Google Play store with the Nexus 4 up and ready to go whenever it went live. I practiced buying a Nexus 7 just to make sure all my information was already filled in and so that I would know just how many clicks it would take in order for me to secure my Nexus 4 16gb. Starting at around 7:00 AM EST I monitored the store refreshing every few minutes; no extensions or anything, just hitting the refresh button. Finally at around 11:32 AM EST I saw that it was live and I actually did a double take because I thought they would go on sale around 12 like everyone else.
My purchase was relatively easy. I didn't have any lag problems with the store and I only suffered one minor hiccup. I hit add to cart as soon as I saw it and the store took me to the cart but it was empty. I hit the back button then added it to my cart again and it was there. I hit my address and card information and confirmed everything. It was the fasted 384$ I had ever spent. But besides the first tiny issue, I had no problems at all. I got a confirmation email just a few minutes later and now my UPS status says that it will be delivered today(11-16-12). Overall I haven't had any issues. I placed my order with no issues and they took my money with no issues.
Sorry for the novel I just wrote. Here are some additional details just in case.
I placed my order at 11:33 and 13 seconds Eastern time and received the confirmation email at 11:34.
My package started in Kentucky, went to Tennessee, then to Atlanta and is now in Roswell for delivery.

joshhamm

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Oh and I forgot to say, I'm sorry for everyone that's been having so many issues. I know I would be pretty upset if I couldn't get this device.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I am in Atlanta and ordered at 11:34 and 6 seconds EST and have not received a shipping notice or a back ordered email. If it does not ship today, I will cancel my order. This has been the worst communication I have ever experienced when ordering a product.....anywhere.

It may be over reacting, but why should I give someone my business who I have zero faith in? At least with apple I know when I order what my shipping time will be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci