New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Bret Subsits

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
just canceled my order and this is what i got.

Thanks for contacting Google Play regarding cancellation of your order. All orders are processed directly after your purchase is complete. As a result, this means that there is a very short window of time to cancel an order prior to shipping.

Although we attempted to honor your request, we were unable to cancel your order in this window. There are a couple of options now:

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ACCESS THE SHIPPING ADDRESS-

If you (or a known acquaintance) are able to access the shipping address, your package is scheduled to arrive there. If you no longer want the package, you can refuse the unopened package from the shipper and Google will issue you a refund. You can read the instructions for refusing delivery for your location below.

In the U.S. and Canada:

If your device has not yet been delivered, it is en route, and you may be able to REFUSE DELIVERY (see instructions below). If your device has been delivered, you may still be able to refund delivery of unopened packages within 5 days of delivery. To do so, contact our shipper directly to schedule a pick up of your package. Make sure to let them know that the pickup is specifically because you're refusing delivery. If your device was delivered more than 5 days ago, but you would like to return it, please follow the returns process posted at: Refunds, returns & replacements - Google Play Help

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So I called up Google to cancel the order and was told that they could not do so because we only have 1hr after placing an order to cancel it. I told her what I thought about Google and their services in a none professional manner and hung up.
I then tried to cancel online and got the below email.

Thanks for contacting Google Play regarding cancellation of your order. All orders are processed directly after your purchase is complete. As a result, this means that there is a very short window of time to cancel an order prior to shipping.

Although we attempted to honor your request, we were unable to cancel your order in this window. There are a couple of options now:

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ACCESS THE SHIPPING ADDRESS-

If you (or a known acquaintance) are able to access the shipping address, your package is scheduled to arrive there. If you no longer want the package, you can refuse the unopened package from the shipper and Google will issue you a refund. You can read the instructions for refusing delivery for your location below.

In the U.S. and Canada:

If your device has not yet been delivered, it is en route, and you may be able to REFUSE DELIVERY (see instructions below). If your device has been delivered, you may still be able to refund delivery of unopened packages within 5 days of delivery. To do so, contact our shipper directly to schedule a pick up of your package. Make sure to let them know that the pickup is specifically because you're refusing delivery. If your device was delivered more than 5 days ago, but you would like to return it, please follow the returns process posted at: Refunds, returns & replacements - Google Play Help

In the UK and Australia:

If your device has not yet been delivered, it is en route, and you may be able to REFUSE DELIVERY (see instructions at bottom of this message). If your device has been delivered, but you would like to return it, please follow the returns process posted at: Refunds, returns & replacements - Google Play Help

REFUSE DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS IMPORTANT: Don't open the package. Our shipper will not allow refusal of delivery for opened packages. Leave a prominent note on the door to let our shipping provider know that you're refusing delivery of the package. In some cases our shipping provider has returned packages if their drivers see a note for refusal of delivery. The note should include the following:

- Refuse delivery
- Return to Sender
- Include signature
- Include tracking #

If your package is returned due to refusal of delivery, your order will be cancelled and refunded within 2 weeks.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS-

If your device is being shipped to an address you cannot access, please reply to this email and we will work on trying to contact the shipper about the change of address. We cannot guarantee that we can stop shipment for your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
thats the same email i got, when the people i know cancelled online, about 5 minutes before i tried this morning, theres was cancelled successfully, and there refund will be back on their card in a couple of days? this whole process is taking years off my life

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You know whats messed up? My Wii U Pro Controller from Gamestop shipped today and latest activity is origin scan in Louisville, KY...... same place my Nexus should be departing soon

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Louisville KY is the national hub for UPS, basically UPS HQ / largest warehouse for US/Canada. It's their "Worldport/Air hub" where all their out of country stuff is brought into to be distributed out to everywhere.

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Even when someone on craigslist is going to screw you over they let you know. I buy something on ebay or amazon sellers they communicate and let you know whats going on. Why cant a billion $ company get this simple issue right after practice with the Nexus 7? This freaking blows my mind away!!!!!!!!!!

You know whats messed up? My Wii U Pro Controller from Gamestop shipped today and latest activity is origin scan in Louisville, KY...... same place my Nexus should be departing soon

Last edited:

Metalkid69

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Just called google to see if I can get an update... I know it's hit or miss with the CSR's but this guy seemed like he was honest... take it like a grain of salt.. He basically said that there is no way he can check if my account is back ordered or not, so it's really up to me to check my email and find out.. (No Backorder email by the way).. He admitted they're pretty much powerless, and that the same thing we see on wallet is what they see.. So anyway.. he said if I haven't received any email then I should expect to get a tracking # and get charged on my bank acc. by monday or tuesday at the latest... He said there will be no more tracking numbers from google going out tonight or thru the weekend. They will begin to send out the tracking numbers to the people that are still in limbo land starting monday and then onto tuesday... So that's pretty much it... At least now I can turn off my laptop, give the F5 key a break, and enjoy my weekend! ... I'll try to forget about this whole nightmare and enjoy life this weekend and I'll hit it again on monday morning!... Good luck to all of you and see you monday!... :cool:

LenMetallica

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just called google to see if I can get an update... I know it's hit or miss with the CSR's but this guy seemed like he was honest... take it like a grain of salt.. He basically said that there is no way he can check if my account is back ordered or not, so it's really up to me to check my email and find out.. (No Backorder email by the way).. He admitted they're pretty much powerless, and that the same thing we see on wallet is what they see.. So anyway.. he said if I haven't received any email then I should expect to get a tracking # and get charged on my bank acc. by monday or tuesday at the latest... He said there will be no more tracking numbers from google going out tonight or thru the weekend. They will begin to send out the tracking numbers to the people that are still in limbo land starting monday and then onto tuesday... So that's pretty much it... At least now I can turn off my laptop, give the F5 key a break, and enjoy my weekend! ... I'll try to forget about this whole nightmare and enjoy life this weekend and I'll hit it again on monday morning!... Good luck to all of you and see you monday!... :cool:

Thank you for that update, great to know. Now off to enjoy my Sat and Sunday.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Got a email from Google with an update.

I wanted to update you on the status of your order.

Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, we are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week timeframe. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on it's way.

So I guess thats a back order even though I placed it fairly early.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I would add this update. First, the facts:

Ordered - Two 16GB Nexus 4's, no bumpers
Time - 08:35:22 PST (11:35:22 EST)
Google Play My Account Status - "Complete" from the first time I looked, about 20-30 minutes after placing my order
Google Wallet Status - Pending
Confirmation email - NO
Shipping email - NO
Back order email - NO
Location - CT
Limbo status - YES

I called customer service Tuesday afternoon to express concern over not receiving the confirmation email and was told my order was in the system and not to worry about the missing email.

Called again Friday at 3:00 AM (yes, AM) and was told that I would probably have shipping confirmation by the end of the day. Of course, I did not. Feeling a bit pissy when I got home from work, I fired off this comment in reply to the email CS sent me after the 3:00 AM call:

Well, Morgan, here it is Friday evening and I still have nothing.

My order would have been one of the first entered in the US @ 11:35:22 AM EST and apparently it will be one of the last to ship or - more likely at this point - it will be backordered.

I want you and your supervisors and everyone at Google to know that I am disgusted and furious. There is no way to justify Google's handling of this affair and no way to justify the fact that my very early order has been bypassed by hundreds or thousands of later orders.

I defy you to find a way to make this right.

Received this reply about 9 hours later:

I apologize for the delayed response. Because of the massive number of orders for the Nexus 4, we are a little backlogged. We are working as fast as we can to get these orders out, and you should be getting your tracking number soon. It is still within the 5 business day window that we have for orders, and a tracking number should be sent out by Monday.

I apologize for the frustration this has caused.I apologize for the delayed response. Because of the massive number of orders for the Nexus 4, we are a little backlogged. We are working as fast as we can to get these orders out, and you should be getting your tracking number soon. It is still within the 5 business day window that we have for orders, and a tracking number should be sent out by Monday.

I apologize for the frustration this has caused.

I would point out, by the way, that in earlier emails they state, "Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing. "

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am guilty of over reacting. For those of us still in limbo, as long as we get the phone by Tuesday google fulfilled their quoted 3-5 business days. I think if Tuesday rolls around and nothing we have a right to be pissed.