New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
This is my estimate. If your order date changed to the 17th, then your order should start shipping within 3 business days of the 17th. I'm expecting order dates of the 17th to start shipping by Wednesday.

Rofl man... pls dont scare the *s*h*i*t out of us here...if it means 17th, we will have it by 17th...:)

Last edited:

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Reply from the guy who thought the "Google" reference worked:

Deepest apologies to all. Just got off the phone with UPS on the tracking number that I thought was a package from Google and I've found out that it was a package for the local law enforcement office. Did ask the rep if there was a way to find out if there is a package being delivered at all to an address and was told "not w/o a tracking number". Once again, my deepest apologies, guess I got overly excited and gave out wrong info. I'm back in limbo like everyone else. Truly sorry.

MonsieurJohnny

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
anyone worried tjat the 17th order date is to identify back orders

Sent from my HTC One S

I just got off the phone with CS. The guy straight up told me if you got a backorder e-mail you should expect to get it near the 3-week time frame mark. He also said the date change to the 17th doesn't mean much.

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
CSR's know nothing more than we do - possibly even less. (seriously)

100% accurate, a CSR I spoke with said it directly, we know what you know, minus what you're hearing on the forums because we can't access them here at work right now. All they can see is exactly how our google play account order & settings are and our wallet order and when we placed the order and what not. That is it nothing more nothing less.

I'm hoping the date changes could reflect that the phones might have shipped out via that date it was updated on the google play account because when I hover over the date it does say "When your order was last updated" hoping it was updated on the 15th and maybe went out that day? Or it goes out in the next few days...also the rep told me if I receive my phone even 1 day after the dates they promised, simply call and they will 100% refund your shipping money no hassle, most of them will get it refunded automatically but if not just call and they will take care of it right then.

CCNYC1

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with csr. They told me that you had 1 hour to cancel your order from when you bought it or else you couldn't afterwards.
Then they sent me this email Thanks for contacting Google Play regarding cancellation of your order. All orders are processed directly after your purchase is complete. As a result, this means that there is a very short window of time to cancel an order prior to shipping.

Although we attempted to honor your request, we were unable to cancel your order in this window. There are a couple of options now:

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ACCESS THE SHIPPING ADDRESS-

If you (or a known acquaintance) are able to access the shipping address, your package is scheduled to arrive there. If you no longer want the package, you can refuse the unopened package from the shipper and Google will issue you a refund. You can read the instructions for refusing delivery for your location below.

In the U.S. and Canada:

If your device has not yet been delivered, it is en route, and you may be able to REFUSE DELIVERY (see instructions below). If your device has been delivered, you may still be able to refund delivery of unopened packages within 5 days of delivery. To do so, contact our shipper directly to schedule a pick up of your package. Make sure to let them know that the pickup is specifically because you're refusing delivery. If your device was delivered more than 5 days ago, but you would like to return it, please follow the returns process posted at: Refunds, returns & replacements - Google Play Help

In the UK and Australia:

If your device has not yet been delivered, it is en route, and you may be able to REFUSE DELIVERY (see instructions at bottom of this message). If your device has been delivered, but you would like to return it, please follow the returns process posted at: Refunds, returns & replacements - Google Play Help

REFUSE DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS IMPORTANT: Don't open the package. Our shipper will not allow refusal of delivery for opened packages. Leave a prominent note on the door to let our shipping provider know that you're refusing delivery of the package. In some cases our shipping provider has returned packages if their drivers see a note for refusal of delivery. The note should include the following:

- Refuse delivery
- Return to Sender
- Include signature
- Include tracking #

If your package is returned due to refusal of delivery, your order will be cancelled and refunded within 2 weeks.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS-

If your device is being shipped to an address you cannot access, please reply to this email and we will work on trying to contact the shipper about the change of address. We cannot guarantee that we can stop shipment for your order.

Last edited:

Brandon Jacobs

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine's still 13th. This thread has slowed to a crawl. I'm guessing they really are done for the weekend, people who were shipped out this morning got their email, now there will be nothing until Monday I'm guessing.

At least from what I've seen people love the Nexus 4. I don't mind waiting as much as being in limbo :'( I've been waiting for the perfect phone for over a year, and at the time Galaxy Nexus wasn't enough for me. Still using my trusty iPhone 4. I just want a solid phone with always updated Android, coming from an iPhone user since 2009, ready for change!!! :eek:

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who got their shipping confirmation and tracking number via email, what was the email address that it came from? Google play support? Google play noreply? Which one...thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam