New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Akhil Sood

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
*now its UPS's turn to play the game... they will not deliver it today and only deliver tomorrow. one day from when it was scanned at origin...the phone according to them will sit in the distribution center in my city... and enjoy some time with chicks out there...

Why do you say say? Mines out for delivery, and read it somewhere on their site that they deliver next day shipping by 10:30 am
UPS: UPS Next Day Air

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of funny how the tech sites started publishing articles on Google's screw up yesterday and they decided to start shipping right after...

They started shipping yesterday and using overnight because today is the 5th business day. If phones aren't delivered today, they would be on the line for refunding shipping charges.

Sent from my Nexus 7

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Why do you say say? Mines out for delivery, and read it somewhere on their site that they deliver next day shipping by 10:30 am
UPS: UPS Next Day Air

I spoke to the f****ng UPS customer service... and this is what they had to say...

Next Day Air means that it is delivered the next business day after the day that it was shipped. Since it was shipped today it will be delivered tomorrow.
Unfortunately this package cannot be picked up while it is in transit. It is traveling to the Destination Facility. Air packages are loaded and transported in air containers, and are not accessible during transit.

This package won't be delivered today. The scheduled delivery date is 11/21.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to the f****ng UPS customer service... and this is what they had to say...

Next Day Air means that it is delivered the next business day after the day that it was shipped. Since it was shipped today it will be delivered tomorrow.
that sucks bro. Mine says out for delivery as of 8:33 today

asn5014

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Stuck in Limbo Lvl3 (BO & Confermation and silence).

I got an email from Google this morning and after seeing all the posts from last night I was feeling like a kid on Christmas Day. But alas, it was just an email asking me how well CS did in responding to my emails, which, oddly enough, they never responded to.

And now my Bank Account is showing no pending or completed charges from Google. The ?

Any of my Betrayed brothers and sisters planning on calling today to see if we're getting any love this week?

I placed my order ~4:30pm EST on Tuesday and received the back order e-mail on Thursday. I've not received any notification regarding shipping. I just called CS and they said they are waiting on the shipping/tracking information for my order but it may still take up to 3 weeks. I asked them if all of the devices were gone/if they were waiting for more devices, and she said that they are not. Who knows.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They started shipping yesterday and using overnight because today is the 5th business day. If phones aren't delivered today, they would be on the line for refunding shipping charges.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I disagree. They have already made it clear that they are not only shipping all of these Next Day Air but that they are also refunding the regular shipping charges.

They knew they had to do something and do it fast once the tech bloggers and columnists started asking questions. I sent David Pogue (tech writer, New York Times) a short email the other day subject "Google flubs Nexus 4 Launch" with links to this thread and others hoping only that he would call one or two Google contacts and ask, "What's up?"

I don't know if he did so, but have no doubt that questions from major tech writers would have lit a fire under Google's a**.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. They have already made it clear that they are not only shipping all of these Next Day Air but that they are also refunding the regular shipping charges.

They knew they had to do something and do it fast once the tech bloggers and columnists started asking questions. I sent David Pogue (tech writer, New York Times) a short email the other day subject "Google flubs Nexus 4 Launch" with links to this thread and others hoping only that he would call one or two Google contacts and ask, "What's up?"

I don't know if he did so, but have no doubt that questions from major tech writers would have lit a fire under Google's a**.
If it gets here today like my tracking says it will then i honestly hope they keep my shipping charges. They said 3-5 days and this is day 5. Seems far to me

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone with a backorder email had any update from the CSRs? Clearly no love for us today but wonder if they know anything about the limbo 3s.

I was told up to 3 weeks,but "rest assured" it probably won't take that long. When I asked why I was on BO while people who ordered after me are getting theirs today, it was the standard line, when you get a tracking # then you will know when it will be delivered. And, he got my name wrong.

So disappointed in Google over this. I was their biggest supporter up until last week. This is a mess.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Daisy Blossom

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. My orders (two nexus 4 16gb) were placed at 16:54 UTC (10:54 central). I wonder where in line that puts me. I hope we're not waiting on another shipment from south korea. :-\

bit Jockey

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Ordered Nov 13 8:36:00 PST. Shipped very early this morning. Out for delivery now. Was in limbo with no e-mail, not even a confirmation, from Google. I did get a tracking e-mail just after 12 this morning. Have not seen anything from the UPS service I set up last week.

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I know its my own fault for selling my Galaxy Nexus before I received the Nexus 4, but I need to at least get some concrete idea of when I can expect SOMETHING. I am reduced to carrying my decommissioned Evo 4G with me as a WiFi only device, so no calls can be made. I've run out of music to listen to on it, and I don't want to take the time to add more if my new phone will be here soon.

I never thought I'd be using the FM radio app so much!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Brandon Jacobs

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine's out for delivery, parents are home to receive it, getting ready for thanksgiving.

Origin scan in Kentucky at 2:38am, departed there at 4:54am and arrived in Minneapolis at 5:32! Out for delivery at 7:08, man that's fast!

I'm happy that Google made this right for a lot of us (I just wanted it before the holiday), but sad to see some that ordered in the first half hour not set yet, that sucks. I really hope they beef up their servers next time. If they want to refund my shipping for all the stress, I'd be happy to oblige. I'll still poke around this thread, I hope to see others get their orders soon.

Also, glad I got the bumper, saw them going for over $50 on ebay lol!!!

DominoHop

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Purchased 10:34am central on the 13th...no BO email, And woke up to see I STILL haven't gotten any shipping confirmations. Date was updated to the 19th yesterday. Anyone else have this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC