New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

1ar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I got this email from Google CS today in response to a couple of emails I sent them:

Hello Brendan,

Thank you for contacting us.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused due to device being back ordered.

As per our records, I see that your order is currently back ordered and we are working to ship all the orders as quickly as possible. "Within 3 weeks" is the only guidance I can provide to you at this time. I will only know the scheduled delivery date when you receive an email notification that your order has shipped.

If you have any questions, please feel free to write back to us.

Thanks,
Ramprasad
The Google Play Support Team

My name's not "Brendan"... Not even a male for that matter.. -__-

Ordered on Nov 13 11:45 EST from Toronto... N been stuck in limbo but now I guess I'm backordered?
Screw you Google for making me use this ty BlackBerry Curve for this long and who knows how much longer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-20 at 1.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-20 at 1.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 193

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got this email from the CSR I have been dealing with all week...

Hello Mike,

I appreciate your patience with me. I was experiencing a little difficulty on today.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today.

However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Thanks,

Lynn

I was a backorder too
Hopefully I see this come today!

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Hello Mike,

I appreciate your patience with me. I was experiencing a little difficulty on today.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today.

However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Thanks,

Lynn

I was a backorder too

Really doubt that. Back ordered people aren't getting it today, I didn't get mine (UPS already came, dropped off my co-workers Nexus 4).

user00265

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
My name's not "Brendan"... Not even a male for that matter.. -__-

Ordered on Nov 13 11:45 EST from Toronto... N been stuck in limbo but now I guess I'm backordered?
Screw you Google for making me use this ty BlackBerry Curve for this long and who knows how much longer.

BlackBerry Curve? I am using a Nokia 1680c, with a microSIM (which I thought would arrive AFTER the phone, but alas... even when I received it I had hopes, so I activated it and put it in the phone, somehow...) and just waiting. Backorder email received on Thursday after issues which I described on a previous post (basically, bank issues that prevented payment until 2AM CST [UTC-6] on the 14th)... very, very annoyed and let down by Google and their outsourced CSRs.

Andy Duchesne

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I recieved this exact email word for word.. obviously a template...does not make me feel any better

Hello Mike,

Thanks,

Lynn

I was a backorder too

1ar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry Curve? I am using a Nokia 1680c, with a microSIM (which I thought would arrive AFTER the phone, but alas... even when I received it I had hopes, so I activated it and put it in the phone, somehow...) and just waiting. Backorder email received on Thursday after issues which I described on a previous post (basically, bank issues that prevented payment until 2AM CST [UTC-6] on the 14th)... very, very annoyed and let down by Google and their outsourced CSRs.

LOL I didn't know about that phone but just googled it and couldn't help but laugh. Sorry. Hope ur Nexus 4 arrives soon! n mine too..

juankdg

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Im using a nokia 1208 what's worse than that??>

Andy Duchesne

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but it looks as thick as on old Blackberry bold 9000....I hope its just my perception

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipd7fehac4seymg/photo%201.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mi33f45arzs0xev/photo%202.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpcw5a88glqkt4f/photo%203.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umr1vhhv8ahlxu2/photo%204.JPG

Pics with bumper on. It snaps in to place and is pretty solid. No wiggle at all.

I personally don't think it adds a lot of bulk to the phone.

Best part is, it adds just enough gap on both the front and back that the glass never touches the desk.

mims7

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Since I also received the "backordered" email, I guess I will not be getting my N4 anytime soon :(

This is what my Google Play Store account currently says:

"Your order has been sent to Google Inc..
Google Inc. is responsible for charging and shipping your order. Have questions? Contact Google Inc..

Nov 13
Google Inc. received your order.

Nov 13
You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 13. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to xxxxx@gmail.com"

Yeah same with me here! Hopefully we'll hear something from them soon!

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Really doubt that. Back ordered people aren't getting it today, I didn't get mine (UPS already came, dropped off my co-workers Nexus 4).

Well UPS hasn't come to my complex yet today so there is hope. If not today, I'm hoping tomorrow I'll receive mine

kevhonda

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up this last batched that shipped out must have been rushed I got mine a few hours ago if I were you guys when you get it look over it really good mine had finger prints all over the outside of the phone so the usual quality assurance may have been overlooked to get these out in time. Mine looks good theres a small spot at the bottom beside one of the screws but its so minor it's almost not worth mentioning but some may be worse take it for what it's worth.

mvpcarl

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey all! First post here. Android addict. Have been watching this thread like a hawk, but last night at 3:30 AM Google shipped my Nexus 4. Around 10:30 AM today it was marked delivered and on my front porch - had to drive all the way home on my lunch break because I was too excited. Looks like they are over-night shipping all the "limbo" orders. If you haven't received yours yet, hang in there.

The few minutes I've played with the phone have been amazing. The restore of all my apps and settings really FLEW. Took less than 10 minutes to download and install all my apps from the GNexus. Impressive so far!

Cesar Luiz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I really wish my order was in backorder. I was able to buy it early in the morning, got the shipping information on the 15th, and someone from the building I live signed for the package and somehow LOST IT. No one knows if the UPS driver never handed the package or if it was stolen. Now I've got no phone, no order in backorder and I can't even order another one. To make things worse, I sold my Galaxy Nexus and now I've got no phone at all... Nice huh? =D

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Notification by E-mail Device Will Be Here Today; No Tracking Number...

I received a very unexpected e-mail from Google today... has anybody else got this one?

"Hi Chris,

I just wanted to follow up with you in regards to your shipment. I was notified that you'll be receiving it today, have you received it yet?"

It seemed like a very strange way for Google to notify me, but it's from an official Google email address: googleplay-device-english@google.com