New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There's still a hold. Just more similar to paying with a check or your checking acct info over the phone.

Wrong.....

My PayPal account was charged the price for the phone, plus tax n shipping. My account was then credited the full amount. This is not like a typical credit card account. It is more like a debit card account. There was no "hold", the money was removed, then returned, to my account. Yet I have never gotten a single email save for the original order confirmation.

Google has handled this horribly!

Communication is very important in situations like this. If I am backorder bound, so be it, but COMMUNICATE this to me!!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jason Rozycki

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm backordered also... What do you meant hey are suppose to ship on Tuesday??? Please explain. Thanks!!,

- - - Updated - - -

I'm backordered also... What do you meant hey are suppose to ship on Tuesday??? Please explain. Thanks!!,

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that many are still in limbo. I was hoping Google got all the limbo people takin care of. Its worth the wait guys! Hang in there! :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Really curious, what is with all of the updates that are exactly the same in your post?

LenMetallica

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you didn't get your shipping confirmation and tracking number it wasn't scheduled to arrive today...period. Hopefully you get your tracking info soon!

I will have to strongly disagree with that statement. I have not received the backorder email or any shipping email since launch day, ordered at 11:36 EST and my status is still pending as of now right now. But earlier today, lo and behold, my N4 had arrived. So keep on hoping people. This whole ordeal really ruined the whole experience for me but at least I got my phone. Hope google get their act together.

Kenzo Teves1

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I will have to strongly disagree with that statement. I have not received the backorder email or any shipping email since launch day, ordered at 11:36 EST and my status is still pending as of now right now. But earlier today, lo and behold, my N4 had arrived. So keep on hoping people. This whole ordeal really ruined the whole experience for me but at least I got my phone. Hope google get their act together.

Good for you. I'm guessing you're from Canada so its very likely you got yours today because you don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Anyway I just hope by tomorrow I get my shipping confirmation and tracking number

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Good for you. I'm guessing you're from Canada so its very likely you got yours today because you don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Anyway I just hope by tomorrow I get my shipping confirmation and tracking number

We celebrated thanksgiving a month ago. I hope mine comes today but highly doubt it.

kenzoteves

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
And so, Google has missed Black Friday sales for Nexus 4... at least, so far...

Yea I don't even know where to start in terms of how Google messed this up. I consider myself lucky that I'm backorded, what about those people who are still welcomed with the "SOLD OUT" banner. I would say in terms of device sales, Google is still pretty amateur about it. At least with Apple they give you the chance to pre order it and if its sold out at least they give you a time frame of when it will be shipped again. First Google gave us the notification email that will supposedly 'notify' us when it comes out but that didn't come through. Second they did not tell us what time on Nov. 13 will they release it. We only had speculation. Then Google somehow confirmed that its orders will open at 3:00 AM EST which I stayed late for. Then they cancelled it then said they will open it at noon instead which sucks for me because I had school. Then i tried ordering it on my phone while in school which didn't go through. I went home then after refreshing a few times the "ADD TO CART" Banner showed and I was able to order it. Then 2 days later Google sent me a backorder E-Mail which caused my heart to drop and their only compensation is free shipping. LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! A Bumper at least would've been nice. Then a week later I was still left in limbo constantly checking my e-mail for tracking confirmation while hearing others who got backordered was able to get a shipping confirmation. Then yesterday the worst thing ever happened. I was at a party with almost 200 people in it and my Galaxy Nexus got stolen. I was scared at first until I realized that I had a tracking feature in it until I then found out that whoever got my phone turned it off, thus restricting me from gaining location info of the phone. 1 week and 3 days later I'm still waiting and I seriously don't know what to do. You would think a billion dollar company who arguably has the largest active servers is able to handle such traffic and acquire enough shipments for a demand like that. I just hope Google learns something here so they won't posses such flaws for a release of their next device. It also sucks that I am at expense for their flaws.

user00265

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea I don't even know where to start in terms of how Google messed this up. I consider myself lucky that I'm backorded, what about those people who are still welcomed with the "SOLD OUT" banner. I would say in terms of device sales, Google is still pretty amateur about it. At least with Apple they give you the chance to pre order it and if its sold out at least they give you a time frame of when it will be shipped again. First Google gave us the notification email that will supposedly 'notify' us when it comes out but that didn't come through. Second they did not tell us what time on Nov. 13 will they release it. We only had speculation. Then Google somehow confirmed that its orders will open at 3:00 AM EST which I stayed late for. Then they cancelled it then said they will open it at noon instead which sucks for me because I had school. Then i tried ordering it on my phone while in school which didn't go through. I went home then after refreshing a few times the "ADD TO CART" Banner showed and I was able to order it. Then 2 days later Google sent me a backorder E-Mail which caused my heart to drop and their only compensation is free shipping. LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! A Bumper at least would've been nice. Then a week later I was still left in limbo constantly checking my e-mail for tracking confirmation while hearing others who got backordered was able to get a shipping confirmation. Then yesterday the worst thing ever happened. I was at a party with almost 200 people in it and my Galaxy Nexus got stolen. I was scared at first until I realized that I had a tracking feature in it until I then found out that whoever got my phone turned it off, thus restricting me from gaining location info of the phone. 1 week and 3 days later I'm still waiting and I seriously don't know what to do. You would think a billion dollar company who arguably has the largest active servers is able to handle such traffic and acquire enough shipments for a demand like that. I just hope Google learns something here so they won't posses such flaws for a release of their next device. It also sucks that I am at expense for their flaws.

I understand your frustration, but you also have to get that no matter how big the company, the division that handles the Play Store is not as mature as the company itself and has not had retail sales of this scale before... I mean, until earlier this year or late last year they didn't even have Play Store or any of the fancy things they do have now, they had market.android.com and it was pretty bad when it started, then I found myself using it more and more. My best guess is that they underestimated the demand for the Nexus 4 and are paying dearly for it. From what I've seen they're scrambling really hard to figure out the orders from the duplicate orders and sorting out who has been charged that shouldn't and vice-versa. Not to mention that US is not the only market where it went on sale and sold out, there is a bigger picture here that I think not everyone is actually paying attention to: UK, Europe and Australia went on sale and sold out before US and Canada got their chance. Consider that fact and the sheer amount of orders that they have on their hands now, including duplicate orders they should be swamped.

My only hope is that by or around December 3rd we get some sort of activity or else I am going to be very upset about the whole ordeal and the Nexus 4 might be the last phone I buy from Google themselves until I see improvement on their Play Store division. There are plenty of Android phones that are not sold by Google. Besides, saying a mouthful that I am going to ditch Google is only a fallacy... they have all your data and even if you have them remove it somehow, you're still pretty bad off using alternative services for all the services they provide.

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered some Blu-rays from Amazon UK in the middle of Sunday afternoon and have already received confirmation that it has been shipped not 12 hours later with an estimated delivery date of Monday, Dec. 3rd. Not bad for standard delivery to Detroit, methinks.

I'm mentioning this here because I'm wondering which will get to me first, the movies or my Nexus? So far, I've got to think the movies because they had them in stock and have communicated when to expect them. I'm still awaiting a proper reply (i.e. not a lazily copy pasted form reply unrelated to my inquiry) from Google after 6 days of waiting in the dark along with legions of other frustrated attempted customers.

Google needs to outsource operations of Play's physical products to Amazon for fulfillment. It's the only move they can make that has a prayer of restoring their vaporized credibility at this point.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. I just got to touch one a little while ago as I went into my work's kitchen and there was a guy showing a co-worker his phone. He ordered at 11:40 EST and had some trouble checking out, but got his phone last week. SO FAST and slick. I really want to punch Google in the junk now!

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just got this:

Your Nexus 4 order is scheduled to ship this week. We?ll send you a notification, including tracking information, when it?s on the way.

Please note that your order will be charged in full when it ships. As a courtesy and to thank you for your patience, you?ll then receive a credit for the shipping charge within 7 business days.

Thanks again,

The Google Play Team

? 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You've received this mandatory service announcement email to provide you with important information related to your purchase from Google Play.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I ordered at 8:27am UTC, got the back order email on the 15th and then nothing else until about 5 mins ago.....

9umuga4a.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz