Does Google hate America?

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Why are we the only country to not have the Nexus 4 available in a brick-and-mortar store, with the exception of on T-Mobile for a ridiculously inflated price? I'm seeing ads from UK and Aussie wireless carriers that are selling the N4 directly!

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Why are we the only country to not have the Nexus 4 available in a brick-and-mortar store, with the exception of on T-Mobile for a ridiculously inflated price? I'm seeing ads from UK and Aussie wireless carriers that are selling the N4 directly!

Why don't you ask the brick and mortars why they don't sell it, its not google's fault.

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Um, Google just wants to eliminate the middle ,an from selling its products because the middle man isn't willimg to do it how Google what to ddo it, which is cheaply and without bloatware. Would you rather buy this from Verizon if it had its logo e,blazoned on the front and /or back with sky high prices and not unlimited 4g? (Referring to TMo). Since they didn't want to deal with Verizon etc. they're going with T-mobile.

Besides, buying it straight from manufacturer is cheaper iin this case so why are you complaining?

Sorry for any typos I'm typing on a nexus 7, :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's all part of Google's attempts to shake up how people buy devices.

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Only O2 is selling these in the UK, and apparently they don't get shipment until Thursday. They aren't that cheap about it, either.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
All Aussie major carriers have denied it but 1 has denied or confirmed they just did a fancy statement, we haven't got it in yet.
Apparently at the end of the month maybe but i might head into town today and check. Its not Google whose running the bricks n mortars but LG is really pushing it.

ccleanerfan

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Google would want to have their own B&M store but there wont be that many. Letting Best Buy sell them only cuts their profit margins since they're selling it for so cheap..

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Highly and I do mean HIGHLY unlikely, I don't like to say never but if I was a betting man I'd put $100 on no way in h-e you know where I'm going with this...

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Lets face it LG isn't exactly a phone manufacturing giant(Fridges yes)...Google was probably timid about the amount they ordered. LG should make a killing if they can ramp up for the holidays.

The value of our GN's just went up overnight...Hoping to have a 4.2 update by then as well, can't wait!

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Lets face it LG isn't exactly a phone manufacturing giant(Fridges yes)...Google was probably timid about the amount they ordered. LG should make a killing if they can ramp up for the holidays.

The value of our GN's just went up overnight...Hoping to have a 4.2 update by then as well, can't wait!

In recent statistics (july or so of 2012) LG had a higher market share in phones in the US than apple even, 2nd only to Samsung....food for thought.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That number includes feature phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

lindend

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Highly and I do mean HIGHLY unlikely, I don't like to say never but if I was a betting man I'd put $100 on no way in h-e you know where I'm going with this...

Ok, if the Play Store is my only realistic option, quick question. Has google run any black friday specials in the past w/the play store? If so, is there any possibility of an N4 related BF special? Again, given the 3 week backlog for existing orders, I'm guessing I know the answer to this, but I just had to ask. I wanted to wait a week or two anyway to place my order so I'm hoping against hope there will be a promo next week.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
They dominate the prepaid market. Second to Samsung, same is in Aus. Teenagers need cheap phones full stop, LG offers that market/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007