Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I purchased 5 phones, but there are 6 phones under "My Orders" on the Google site...

I have 5 confirmation e-mails.
    I have 5 deductions from my credit card.
    The "My Orders" section under my account shows 6 phones ordered.

I know I went in a number of times and got an error at some point in the process. I wonder if I am going to get an extra phone? Or do they have a "Buy 5 and the 6th one is free." program that I'm not aware of?

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Default Re: I purchased 5 phones, but there are 6 phones under "My Orders" on the Google site...

You've probably got one of mine LOL. I've got 3 pending charges on my CC, and only one order on Google Wallet, which was cancelled almost immediately due to my bank. Going to call my bank to see if I can save one..

Default Re: I purchased 5 phones, but there are 6 phones under "My Orders" on the Google site...

If you have the 6th, don't cancel. I will buy it off you with interest. Seriously, lmk

google should not have let the hoarders hoard
    Thanked by 2:

You could probably give them a call.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

all is good on my end, i ordered 12 and appear to just have 12. are they a good phone? i might keep one off of ebay for myself

Google should have done what apple did and limit it 2 per customer (2 per via/mailing address).
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by nickolus442034 View Post
    all is good on my end, i ordered 12 and appear to just have 12. are they a good phone? i might keep one off of ebay for myself
    You're one of the main reason's that this is a clusterf*k. Google should of had a max order system in place to stop greedy vultures like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    You're one of the main reason's that this is a clusterf*k. Google should of had a max order system in place to stop greedy vultures like yourself.
    Agreed, google should immediately cancel the entire order lol. Or atleast put a limit of 2 on orders.
    UTchicagoV and tomjdavies like this.

trololol.

i only got one, i managed to actually get one like a minute before it sold out by refreshing about a hundred times. its those bumpers that screwed people out of an order. it keeps booting it out of your order and starting it again, i tried like 3 times and was just like screw it, i want the phone...added one later and apparently i have to pay shipping separately.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

i wont mind taking the 6th off your hands mate
    18b Moss Street, Paislay PA11BL

Global s3, Touchwiz JB, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I don't know if I will get the sixth one. I just show 6 in my orders list.

I am using all of my phones. I have 13 year-old triplets who are getting their first phone for Christmas - that is why I got the 5 phones (the other two are for my wife and I). I usually laugh at the people who line up outside stores or log on at midnight to get the latest and greatest product. It ain't worth it. That said, I decided to get the new phones for my wife and kids so that we would save money on our monthly bill (using T-Mobile's value plan where you provide your own phone), versus getting subsidized phones. Obviously, the N4 is a great value for an unlocked phone. I did not mean to be the one to "hoard", or take someone else's phone, but I will not apologize for getting my kids their Christmas gifts. This is by far the most expensive present they have ever gotten in their lives and I cannot wait to see how they react on Christmas day.

I am not planning on reselling any of them, unless I get the 6th phone - even then, I will probably give it to a relative. I bought all of these phones 1 at a time by hitting refresh. Any one of you could have done the same. Maybe I was lucky, maybe I was just persistent.

I am not the reason for this fiasco. Google is the reason for this fiasco. Period. End of story.

Wow the guy who got 12 phones smh. JUST WHY! There are people who have been tearing their hair out over this thing and here you go and avarisciously take it from them. I mean ugh

hopefully they come back in stock and nobody buys it off of ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mazariegos View Post
    Wow the guy who got 12 phones smh. JUST WHY! There are people who have been tearing their hair out over this thing and here you go and avarisciously take it from them. I mean ugh
    ffs

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

I agree they should've limited the purchase quantity to 2 in order to give most everyone a shot at getting one. No one needs 6, 8, 12, whatever flippin' N4s. Stop being so greedy people!

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

trololol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mazariegos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-dawn raid View Post
    I agree they should've limited the purchase quantity to 2 in order to give most everyone a shot at getting one. No one needs 6, 8, 12, whatever flippin' N4s. Stop being so greedy people!
    Pop quiz in Reading Comprehension! Do you really think he bought 12...? You said, our survey said...!
    [SIZE="1"]Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb).

I purchased one phone, yet two show up under "My Orders". The second phone has the status of "Pre-ordered" (weird).

I started my order this morning and was about to finalize it when I noticed the price was incorrect. I had the 16GB Nexus 7 in my cart, but the price was showing $299. While I'd love to get the 16GB for $299, I was afraid I might get the 8GB instead. So deleted the phone from my cart and re-added the 16GB model again, then finished the order. So I'm guessing this might have caused a hiccup with my order.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

While looking at my orders, I'm seeing a purchase of Air Control HD last Friday for $2.99. Problem is I didn't buy anything last Friday and I would NEVER pay three bucks for a game. There's plenty of free stuff or sales when stuff is a dime or quarter that I don't need to pay full price to find entertainment. When I click the "Report a Problem" link, it pops a box saying, "We encountered a problem while processing your problem. We must go deeper." What the heck?
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Greed, nice. This is the reason others can't enjoy the device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Unless he was really lucky and made 3 different orders I doubt he ordered 12. There was a 5 phone limit per order.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Free Enterprise. You have the option of doing that as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    My Desktop Connection

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

Seriously, why not limit to 1 per customer for the first shipment and then let people have what they want on the 2nd run?

They didn't think this thing was gonna sell......

Buying a ton to sell is a ****** move, but that's life.

I got 4 but all 4 are staying in the family. A 2-phone limit would have been very disappointing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast