Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Woosh
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default Value?

Just curious, how well do nexus phones keep value until the next one comes out? Anything like an iPhone?

Default Re: Value?

Quote Originally Posted by rickydavis1051 View Post
    Just curious, how well do nexus phones keep value until the next one comes out? Anything like an iPhone?
    Very few, if anything at all hold their value like Apple products do. No predicting what this phone will be worth. The GN is going for 200-250 atm but then again who knows how many ppl don't know about the N4 yet are buying those. They also were not $300 at launch like these are. So I'd say this phone is valuable for the fact that its a pentaband phone that is completely unlocked and that's about it.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Very well. I was pricing Gnex' a month ago on eBay they were selling nearly at full Play store price.

If you're really concerned, search eBay and check the "Completed Listings" box.
    [SIZE="1"]Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb).

Considering they're going on sale in some of the biggest markets at $299/$349 (or thereabouts), I don't think its going to hold much value. Take a look at how the price of the GNex dropped once it started being offered in the Play Store. Even a mint condition GSM GNex is only worth ~$200 used just 1 year after it went on sale. CDMA/LTE models even less.

Imho Nexus devices are meant to be held onto long after they're done being used regularly. But that's just me being an Android nerd .

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    Imho Nexus devices are meant to be held onto long after they're done being used regularly. But that's just me being an Android nerd .
    This. I was specifically looking on Craigslist for galaxy nexus phones before the N4 was announced. There were not many gsm nexus phones listed at all. Only a few people trying to get rid of their sprint/Verizon nexus. It's like a good pickup truck, you hardly see any on sale because people love em too much.