Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody else with the status "pre-ordered," what does this mean?

I ordered it this morning @ 11:43 am, got a confirmation letter around 20 mins later saying that "this order has been sent to google"

Do we still get the phones? Or are they cancelled?

Default Re: Anybody else with the status "pre-ordered," what does this mean?

What does your order & settings same on google play?
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Maybe your in line for the 2nd batch? I dunno, I haven't seen this anywhere.
    Google it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Nexus 4 (16GB)
    DEVICES
    CA$359.00
    November 13, 2012
    Pre-ordered
    Info
    Help Center

Nexus 4 (8GB)
    DEVICES
    CA$309.00
    November 13, 2012
    Pre-ordered
    Info
    Help Center

Just says pre-ordered O_O, weird cuz I got a confirmation letter and 2 order numbers.

Might be for the 2nd batch I'm assuming because mine and a lot of other members that got theirs earlier have a shipping date on ours where yours says pre-ordered.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Weird because I ordered it as soon as it came in stock this morning. But if what you're saying is true then lame....

My shipping info has November 15 for estimated shipping date. Anyway, if I were you I'd call Google and get it sorted out! :-) 855 836-3987
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm not saying that's the case, just a guess. Like I said, I've never seen it display like that. Call support and see what they tell you. 10 to 1 they won't know but its worth a shot.
    Google it.

Hey guys! I ordered mine on 11/13/12 at 11:39AM EST and I got the confirmation letters and all and according to the playstore it says estimated shipping will be Nov 15. I contacted playstore and they stated that mine will be shipped with 2 day delivery on Nov 15 evening. Guess we do have to wait 6 days
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I called in and they said it wasn't cancelled, they couldn't really give me a precise explanation as to why there wasn't an estimated shipping time. All he said was, some got it, some didn't. O_O.

Oh well, let's hope for the best. Ty for the answers guys.

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine says it too. Called Google twice earlier. 30mins and no answer.

anyone else have the status "complete"?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

My status is also complete. Hopefully it will ship soon.

Maybe they had an error and sold too many, thus they put pre order so your not completely annoy but will send you on before the 2nd batch?
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Order Date: 13 November 2012 08:12:23 UTC

I haven't spoken to anyone in the UK yet who ordered earlier than me, yet my status has been on "Pre-Ordered" since the beginning!

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saint_david View Post
    Order Date: 13 November 2012 08:12:23 UTC

I haven't spoken to anyone in the UK yet who ordered earlier than me, yet my status has been on "Pre-Ordered" since the beginning!
    I'm in the UK, mine is 8:36AM, where are you looking for the status?
    In Google Play, My Account, mine just has a shipping date (tomorrow, 15th)
    it never said pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by mmace View Post
    I'm in the UK, mine is 8:36AM, where are you looking for the status?
    In Google Play, My Account, mine just has a shipping date (tomorrow, 15th)
    it never said pre-order
    Where yours says shipping date, mine says pre-order

in my google wallet its still on pending but when i go to googleplay my account it says it ships tomorrow

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithy1983uk View Post
    in my google wallet its still on pending but when i go to googleplay my account it says it ships tomorrow

this is the same as mine

Same here with the pending in Wallet, but shipping date listed in the Play Store. Which, thanks to you guys, I never would have thought to check the Play Store for a status.

Now, does anyone have any idea, with the 2-day shipping and it going out on a Thursday, does that mean this will be a Saturday delivery, or will it arrive on a Monday?

Edit: Nevermind... found a shipping thread over here.
    Last edited by rwest278; 11-14-2012 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Found shipping thread

The phone went on sale barely 24 hours ago, give the warehouse a chance to catch up with orders guys.

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    The phone went on sale barely 24 hours ago, give the warehouse a chance to catch up with orders guys.
    This would be an appropriate comment had Google not already deducted 650 dollars from my account. It think asking for a clarification on an order status is reasonable in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Maybe they had an error and sold too many, thus they put pre order so your not completely annoy but will send you on before the 2nd batch?
    That's what I'm afraid of. Mine still says Pre-ordered.

I managed to snag one yesterday about 5 hours after the initial order period sold out (refresh, refresh, refresh...). Presumably I got in due to someone else canceling theirs, which then became available for me to claim. So you'd think it would ship within a day or so of all the other orders. That's assuming my order is actually tied to a device that physically exists for me.

But if the order only occurred due to a glitch in the system (which is entirely possible, given the fiasco and general unpreparedness of Google's ordering system yesterday), then you're probably right - there is no device waiting for me, and I'm on a short list to be at the front of the line when batch 2 starts shipping. If I don't get a shipping notification within a day of everyone else, I'll call - and if I have to wait, I'll probably just cancel. Screw that.
    Fairclough likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by saint_david View Post
    Where yours says shipping date, mine says pre-order
    i got the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Baronvshush View Post

But if the order only occurred due to a glitch in the system (which is entirely possible, given the fiasco and general unpreparedness of Google's ordering system yesterday), then you're probably right - there is no device waiting for me, and I'm on a short list to be at the front of the line when batch 2 starts shipping. If I don't get a shipping notification within a day of everyone else, I'll call - and if I have to wait, I'll probably just cancel. Screw that.
    Don't cancel. Once there is one manufactured you will get it! probably way before batch 2 as they stock them up before release, but they probably will send you one as soon as they can!!
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast