Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: buying bundles of n4 to sell overpriced makes me angry

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    I havent had a phone for a few weeks, mine broke. Were in the same boat haha.
    Hopefully stock comes within a few days but hey its life, demand will be met i reckon.
    Few days, I can live with. But the speculation of a few weeks I can't live with.
    Fairclough likes this.

I've been on exams so its kinda a good thing, been procrastinating here etc though.
    I only use it to text my girlfriend so yeah its ok. Lindsay isn't as bad as Brittany though!
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    I really need to get it soon since I jumped the gun and deactivated my phone/service and gave my phone to my GF to use.
    #OOPS
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    #OOPS
    lol Yup.
    I Just dusted off my old Windows 6 LG Expo phone. I'm going to call AT&T to get it unlocked and I'll just use this on Tmobile prepaid I guess until I get the Nexus.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts

Blame people that can't wait a few more weeks for keeping those that sell at an overinflated price in business. Supply and demand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)
    Thanked by 2:
    natehoyRy 
    ChromeJob likes this.

Agree that this sucks, but it will continue as long as there are people willing to pay well above list price. Companies have tried to put a stop to this by limiting the number of units you can purchase - but the resellers just get a bunch of friends to all order the maximum number.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Default Re: buying bundels of n4 to sell overpriced makes me angry

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    It sucks that it happens, but it happens with everything from event tickets to cell phones. That's the main reason the site went haywire and sold out so fast, companies buying blocks of 100 of them and pinging the site thousands of times a minute.
    So... why did your employer allow that to happen?
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by leroy_sunset View Post
    So... why did your employer allow that to happen?
    Do you think they would hold them for you? No, its a free market economy, first come, first serve. Nature of the beast buddy, happens all over with all things.
    Google it.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Why not just buy from T-Mobile then?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I think most eBay sales are directed at people in non-Play Store countries.

What should grind your gears is how easy it is to get you to burn your time n cash on "the next big thing". I don't fault you though, because I too am one of the biggest techno-geeks around. In the late 80's I almost (and would have if I could of got my hands on one) paid $2000 for a cd rom.... single speed even.... You remember the kind of cash people were dropping on the PS3 when it first came out? And the N4 is not even some great leap in tech. At best it's a few small upgrades. But yes I too would like to have one, but no, I too am not gonna sit around tapping an F5 key half the day...

So relax, realize and enjoy the amazing tech you already have at your finger tips. Your N4 will be in your hands soon enough...... and then relegated to some out of the way desk drawer and forgotten even sooner enough...
    Thanked by 2:
    killroy420Ry 

Quote Originally Posted by jbuggydroid View Post
    You know what else grinds my gears.. Lindsey Lohan lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Leave Lindsay out of this.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini

I wish Google would have made a quantity limit of 1 per customer.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Stein357 View Post
    I would log in with my 8 other Gmail accounts, incognito mode ftw

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    Leave Lindsay out of this.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini
    I was quoting family guy

Ziptied and paul-c like this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stein357 View Post
    I wish Google had no limit. lol
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jbuggydroid View Post
    I was quoting family guy

My bad. Damnit, I usually don't miss references like that.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7

It's the way things are..

I used my upgrade on the iphone 5. And sold it to someone on Craigslist for 1200.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by epicness4G View Post
    It's the way things are..

I used my upgrade on the iphone 5. And sold it to someone on Craigslist for 1200.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    I thought about burning all my upgrades, doing the same as you then paying the eft and still making out in the end

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I thought about burning all my upgrades, doing the same as you then paying the eft and still making out in the end
    I wish I'd thought of doing that a few years ago on my AT&T account. I could've gotten and resold 2, maybe 3, iPhones.

This morning I was actually considering going back to AT&T (corporate-discounted rate through my employer) and getting an iPhone so my gf would stop telling me, "If you had an iPhone, we could Facetime together...." Of course, I could also try out a N4 on the same SIM as an iPhone 4S (would have to use an adapter on a iPhone 5 SIm). Muahahaha

Of course, when I get an N4, I could just give her my Amaze, and say, "Now we can Talk on Google+ for days and days,...." MUAHAHAHA....
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tanson1011 View Post
    It sickens me guys.
    Me, too, but there's only one thing we can do about it. Don't encourage their behavior and wherever possible discourage others from helping them out.

Scalpers would not profit from demand if people stopped paying a premium for silly nonsense. "ZOMG!!! I MUST HAZ LATEST SHINY NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!! HERE'S MAH LIFE SAVINGZ 4 TEH SHINYZ!!!" is the problem, not that people are taking advantage of this idiotic impatience.

LG will make more Nexus 4 phones. The only problem right now is short supply. Take the asshats who bought 20 units and simply ignore them. Wait a few weeks, and LG will start shipping more $300/350 phones, and then who's going to want to pay the scalper even what they paid for it?

If scalpers are buying up all the concert tickets, let them. If no one buys them for a period of one year, all the scalpers will go bankrupt, because they'll be paying face value for a few hundred tickets that aren't worth the paper they are printed on 15 minutes after the concert starts.

If scalpers are buying up food or other necessities of life, then it's time to get upset and start rousing some rabble.

But, cool as it is, nice as it is, desirable as it is, it's a phone. At the end of the day, 99.9% of us can live with our existing phones for a few weeks.

And scalping boils down to pure supply and demand. If you stop demanding it, they'll stop supplying it.

Patience is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Me, too, but there's only one thing we can do about it. Don't encourage their behavior and wherever possible discourage others from helping them out.

Scalpers would not profit from demand if people stopped paying a premium for silly nonsense. "ZOMG!!! I MUST HAZ LATEST SHINY NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!! HERE'S MAH LIFE SAVINGZ 4 TEH SHINYZ!!!" is the problem, not that people are taking advantage of this idiotic impatience.

LG will make more Nexus 4 phones. The only problem right now is short supply. Take the asshats who bought 20 units and simply ignore them. Wait a few weeks, and LG will start shipping more $300/350 phones, and then who's going to want to pay the scalper even what they paid for it?

If scalpers are buying up all the concert tickets, let them. If no one buys them for a period of one year, all the scalpers will go bankrupt, because they'll be paying face value for a few hundred tickets that aren't worth the paper they are printed on 15 minutes after the concert starts.

If scalpers are buying up food or other necessities of life, then it's time to get upset and start rousing some rabble.

But, cool as it is, nice as it is, desirable as it is, it's a phone. At the end of the day, 99.9% of us can live with our existing phones for a few weeks.

And scalping boils down to pure supply and demand. If you stop demanding it, they'll stop supplying it.

Patience is the key.

scaplpers do this every year - hannah montana concerts tickets, olympic tickets, wii u, nvidia gtx 680/670 video cards.

Default buying bundles of n4 to sell overpriced makes me angry

You have to love folks with more money than sense. I do. I used my iPhone 5 (64gb black Verizon ) for a full month. Decided I didn't like it as well as I thought I would and sold it on eBay for over $1000! I paid $399 for it.

Looking forward to getting my 50 Nexus 4s by end of week so I can repeat the iPhone sale!

Just kidding! I did order but a single Nexus 4, but sure wish I'd had the money to grab a few. Hehe

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

anyone notice there is a ebay batman bidding up all nexus 4 bids? lol.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by runningman3433 View Post
    scaplpers do this every year - hannah montana concerts tickets, olympic tickets, wii u, nvidia gtx 680/670 video cards.
    And all it would take is for people to come to their senses for about 6 months to a year and stop feeding the scalpers, and they'd all end up living in cardboard boxes without the money to buy more stuff.

I won't get into the money we all waste on such things in the first place. Guilty as charged, Your Honor.

Frankly, it's Google's fault for underpricing their device. (If more people want to buy an item at the offered price than the seller want to / can sell, then, clearly, the item was priced too low.)

The Day 1 price could have been jacked up by, idunno, a hundred bucks? Two hundred? I'm sure their algorithm guys could have come up with a reasonable market-clearing number. As ubergeek demand slowed down, they could have likewise lowered the price. If they had wanted to look like nice guys, then they could have chosen to donate that "extra" money to the EFF, or to some group supporting Chinese dissidents, or, heck just poured it into getting more N4s produced, faster! But, if they leave that money on the table, someone else is going to come and scoop it up. Those people are the ones being called "scalpers".

PS - If your answer is that Google couldn't have done the above without losing a ton of goodwill because folks would have called them "greedy", etc., then the people to blame for the scalpers are the people who would have called Google greedy for pricing their phone at a market-clearing level. Likely these are many of the same people now screaming about "scalpers".
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast