buying bundles of n4 to sell overpriced makes me angry

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: buying bundels of n4 to sell overpriced makes me angry

It sucks that it happens, but it happens with everything from event tickets to cell phones. That's the main reason the site went haywire and sold out so fast, companies buying blocks of 100 of them and pinging the site thousands of times a minute.

Exactly the reason Google should have implemented some purchase limits. If you end up buying a N4 for $500 or more on ebay then you're a douche and deserve to be ripped off. Google could have rolled out this device so much smoother, instead it was a feeding frenzy free for all.....and we make fun of isheep :-[

rubi76

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
First, I think it would be hard for Google to sell at this price in a smoother way. This price is an online Google store price, everyone else including tmobile has a right to try to make a profit.
And they will, for the simple reason that there is also a foreign market willing to pay more for it since they could never buy this phone as cheap.
So basically the ebay price for this phone will always be higher than the Play Store price.
Stop whining, it's the rule of a free market economy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I found someone on craigslist asking for an offer.. I offered $420 for the 16GB. I think that's reasonable, he makes a 40 dollar profit. I really need to get it soon since I jumped the gun and deactivated my phone/service and gave my phone to my GF to use.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I found someone on craigslist asking for an offer.. I offered $420 for the 16GB. I think that's reasonable, he makes a 40 dollar profit. I really need to get it soon since I jumped the gun and deactivated my phone/service and gave my phone to my GF to use.

I havent had a phone for a few weeks, mine broke. Were in the same boat haha.
Hopefully stock comes within a few days but hey its life, demand will be met i reckon.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been on exams so its kinda a good thing, been procrastinating here etc though.
I only use it to text my girlfriend so yeah its ok. Lindsay isn't as bad as Brittany though!

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Blame people that can't wait a few more weeks for keeping those that sell at an overinflated price in business. Supply and demand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Agree that this sucks, but it will continue as long as there are people willing to pay well above list price. Companies have tried to put a stop to this by limiting the number of units you can purchase - but the resellers just get a bunch of friends to all order the maximum number.

leroy_sunset

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

It sucks that it happens, but it happens with everything from event tickets to cell phones. That's the main reason the site went haywire and sold out so fast, companies buying blocks of 100 of them and pinging the site thousands of times a minute.

So... why did your employer allow that to happen?

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site

So... why did your employer allow that to happen?

Do you think they would hold them for you? No, its a free market economy, first come, first serve. Nature of the beast buddy, happens all over with all things.

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
What should grind your gears is how easy it is to get you to burn your time n cash on "the next big thing". I don't fault you though, because I too am one of the biggest techno-geeks around. In the late 80's I almost (and would have if I could of got my hands on one) paid $2000 for a cd rom.... single speed even.... You remember the kind of cash people were dropping on the PS3 when it first came out? And the N4 is not even some great leap in tech. At best it's a few small upgrades. But yes I too would like to have one, but no, I too am not gonna sit around tapping an F5 key half the day...

So relax, realize and enjoy the amazing tech you already have at your finger tips. Your N4 will be in your hands soon enough...... and then relegated to some out of the way desk drawer and forgotten even sooner enough... ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon01