Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Neo42
  • 1 Post By Lochtide
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    When I purchased it, it said your credit card will be charged the moment it is shipped. I, obviously, purchased my N4 right away, at the start of the day. Still my credit card not charged, meaning a whole day went by without shipments? Not a huge deal I guess but, I wanted to get the phone before the weekend... now I fear it will take over a week (what I originally assumed).
  2. #2  

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lochtide View Post
    When I purchased it, it said your credit card will be charged the moment it is shipped. I, obviously, purchased my N4 right away, at the start of the day. Still my credit card not charged, meaning a whole day went by without shipments? Not a huge deal I guess but, I wanted to get the phone before the weekend... now I fear it will take over a week (what I originally assumed).
    My card was charged like an hour after I placed my order! It immediately was charged as pending, but then the charge went through about an hour after that. I'm on Chase.
  3. #3  
    map1978's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    your card wasn't charged...its just processing

    once the payment is processed, then it ships
  4. #4  

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    they might charge it as soon as YOUR one is shipped, like when its first lodged.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  5. #5  

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    I'm on chase too and I got charged already.. The money is deducted from my account.. But to me that's a good thing! They HAVE TO give me my Nexus now!! HahaA.
  6. #6  
    emoeskaite's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.2.1

    Default Will they ship our phones out on Wednesday?

    Do you think they will ship out the phones today to lucky people who purchased the phones?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Will they ship our phones out on Wednesday?

    Quote Originally Posted by emoeskaite View Post
    Do you think they will ship out the phones today to lucky people who purchased the phones?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Hopefully they ship it out tomorrow.
  8. #8  
    hero992000's Avatar

    Posts
    123 Posts
    ROM
    4.2.1 Stock

    Default Re: Will they ship our phones out on Wednesday?

    I think that they will ship out on Thursday and we won't get them until Monday they say it takes 2 days for processing that means they won't ship until then. which is total bs considering we all paid a premium for shipping and they send it via ups and they don't deliver on Saturday. I didn't expect anything different guess 4.2 on my gnex and n7 will have to tide me over

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Nexus S 4G
    OG Transformer
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Will they ship our phones out on Wednesday?

    Quote Originally Posted by hero992000 View Post
    I think that they will ship out on Thursday and we won't get them until Monday they say it takes 2 days for processing that means they won't ship until then. which is total bs considering we all paid a premium for shipping and they send it via ups and they don't deliver on Saturday. I didn't expect anything different guess 4.2 on my gnex and n7 will have to tide me over

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    I'm pretty sure UPS does ship Saturday but not Sunday.
  10. #10  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    I'm pretty sure UPS does ship Saturday but not Sunday.
    Ups does ship on Saturday for extra if not you receive package on Monday

    Sent from my PC36100
  11. #11  

    Default Shipping appears to be the 15th

    Seems they will be shipping the orders tomorrow so probably a Friday or Monday delivery. Just got this from Google :

    Thank you for your recent order placed on Google Play. Our records indicate that you have several open orders in our system. You can view them in your Google Wallet account at: .

    We would like to confirm that you intended to place all of these orders before processing occurs. If it was not your intention and this is an error, we have three easy ways for you to cancel any unwanted orders. Note that all orders not canceled within the next 24 hours will be processed and shipped.

    Online: Orders can be canceled using our online tool. Please follow the instructions found here:


    Email: We can help cancel any unwanted orders via email. Simply reply to this email with the specific order number(s) youd like us to cancel. You can find order numbers in your Google Wallet account:


    Phone: You can call us at 0800 328 6081 to chat with a support agent who will help you cancel your order.

    Thanks,
    The Google Play Team

    2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

    You've received this mandatory service announcement email to provide you with important information related to your purchase from Google Play.




    I expect with the amount of people (like me) who ended up with multiple orders they are saving themselves the aggravation of lots of returned items. So relax people it'll be here soon lol
  12. #12  

    Default So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalkid69 View Post
    I'm on chase too and I got charged already.. The money is deducted from my account.. But to me that's a good thing! They HAVE TO give me my Nexus now!! HahaA.
    Sadly they can still refund the money (which is probably just a pre auth not a full charge) and not send it if there is a reason.

    From what I can see the shipping is tomorrow on the 15th so I'm not expecting delivery till Monday realistically.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Someone I follow on Google+ in the UK had theirs shipped yesterday, they posted a screenshot of the confirmation.

    Nothing here yet, however. Mine says shipping 15th.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    It says shipping date will be 15 November and that you will be notified once payment has been cleared.

    It's not 15 Nov yet and payment for my phone is 'pending' with my bank, not yet cleared. I assume tomorrow I will get the shipping confirmation email.

    Hopefully....
  15. #15  
    mmace's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by c_hri_s View Post
    Someone I follow on Google+ in the UK had theirs shipped yesterday, they posted a screenshot of the confirmation.

    Nothing here yet, however. Mine says shipping 15th.
    I'm in the UK, I know a few who have ordered (including me) and none of us have received anything yet
  16. #16  

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Given the huge demand and sorting the Bullsh** charges that people tried to order this phone half a dozen times, I would not be surprised to see this actually shipping out even on a Friday. The thing is a lot of people have an assumption of credit card ordering like it's all robotic Hollywood style. The moment someone places an order, there's as little as a couple to half a dozen people handling your order - and they are handling tens of thousands of orders not just one order. That 3-5 business day that Google stated, is not a promise. What if there was a huge earthquake, hurricane, or invading Aliens? Should Google keep their promise?

    There's a human being who makes sure your credit card pending charge has enough funds before actually charging, before they even charge they send out an order to the warehouse to ensure there is stock, Once there is stock it is tagged by another person who then sends out another message to the person who then charges you. After it gets charged of course then another message goes to maybe 2 other people to prepare your phone to ship out. Then of course there is another several humans handling your package before it reaches your destination.

    People assume that everything is robotic and fluidic without taking the human equation, weather, gas, etc. I know this because I work in a field where I oversee all these processes and at first I thought it was too bureaucratic, but it has to be done this way because if you take one element out of that bureaucracy things get slow or missing and hazards happen. And you have to have multiple delegates to work these processes because while on the outside or the unknown, one person trying to do everything all at once.

    A thing to think about some of these whiners or complainers, I bet they treat waiters/sales persons like cattle, nobodies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lochtide View Post
    When I purchased it, it said your credit card will be charged the moment it is shipped. I, obviously, purchased my N4 right away, at the start of the day. Still my credit card not charged, meaning a whole day went by without shipments? Not a huge deal I guess but, I wanted to get the phone before the weekend... now I fear it will take over a week (what I originally assumed).
  17. #17  

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimjamesjimmie View Post
    Given the huge demand and sorting the Bullsh** charges that people tried to order this phone half a dozen times, I would not be surprised to see this actually shipping out even on a Friday. The thing is a lot of people have an assumption of credit card ordering like it's all robotic Hollywood style. The moment someone places an order, there's as little as a couple to half a dozen people handling your order - and they are handling tens of thousands of orders not just one order. That 3-5 business day that Google stated, is not a promise. What if there was a huge earthquake, hurricane, or invading Aliens? Should Google keep their promise?

    There's a human being who makes sure your credit card pending charge has enough funds before actually charging, before they even charge they send out an order to the warehouse to ensure there is stock, Once there is stock it is tagged by another person who then sends out another message to the person who then charges you. After it gets charged of course then another message goes to maybe 2 other people to prepare your phone to ship out. Then of course there is another several humans handling your package before it reaches your destination.

    People assume that everything is robotic and fluidic without taking the human equation, weather, gas, etc. I know this because I work in a field where I oversee all these processes and at first I thought it was too bureaucratic, but it has to be done this way because if you take one element out of that bureaucracy things get slow or missing and hazards happen. And you have to have multiple delegates to work these processes because while on the outside or the unknown, one person trying to do everything all at once.

    A thing to think about some of these whiners or complainers, I bet they treat waiters/sales persons like cattle, nobodies.
    Geez I really hope you are kidding? To charge a credit card in 2012 takes absolutely no human intervention. There are automated pick lines that can pack and ship orders with no human involved. I don't know what industry you work in but I've ACTUALLY worked on a pick system and you're completely wrong here.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Lol, dude, if you are going to try and bash me, at least check to see if your points were correct...

    Firstly, credit card orders and robotic, 100% electronic. Their computer system automatically processes and stores all the info. Secondly, any company just charges the card, they don't check for anything. My credit card could be -$5000 dollars and Google will still charge another $350 to it. It is just more money I owe my bank. Next, each box is most likely stamped and sorted by some computer system, maybe 1 or 2 people at most will be involved before it gets put into a truck and sent to my location. Of course bad weather will slow them down, but its coming from the States... how icy can the roads be right now? Its not like its freaken Siberia...
    Eric Mazariegos likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    mine was shipped yesterday and should arrive at my London UK house this morning. that's a day earlier than I expected so well done Google Dublin!
  20. #20  
    mmace's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by smileman View Post
    mine was shipped yesterday and should arrive at my London UK house this morning. that's a day earlier than I expected so well done Google Dublin!
    why can't they send everything in 1 go?
    a work colleague who got his order in after me had his shipped last night, mine's still not sent yet (Leeds, UK)
  21. #21  

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    me neither... called google this morning, and they told me its still processing..@@
    What a google!
  22. #22  

    Default So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Really not f**king happy :

    Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. Well send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.
  23. #23  
    cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,706 Global Posts

    Default Re: So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    I guess it is different country to country but I ordered Tuesday and it arrived lunchtime today in the UK.
  24. #24  

    Default So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    I ordered Tuesday too within 15 mins of going on sale. Not a happy bunny.
  25. #25  

    Default So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

    Have to say I'm no absolutely disgusted with the way Google has handled this. I didn't expect the phone within 2 or maybe even 4 days but my iPhone will be sold the end of next week so I'm going to be without a phone, really poor of Google to mess me about putting the order on, leaving it 2 days giving me the illusion it would be shipped today to only then tell me that it could be up to 3 weeks. Utterly disgusting business practises, it shouldn't have even let me order if it wasn't in stock.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Similar Threads

  1. TigerDirect PreOrders starting to ship. More Preorders Available?
    By Mr_Armageddon in forum ASUS EeePad Transformer Prime
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 12:11 AM
  2. A Way To Save Game Stats, So They Can Be Reapplied To The Game?
    By the2ndflood in forum HTC EVO 3D Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 09:14 PM
  3. How to change contacts so they save under gmail account?
    By RWCouck in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 06:08 PM
  4. Anyone starting to have any doubts?
    By Air Force One in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 05:05 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 07:07 AM

Posting Permissions

B