Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Google Play - My Devices and the N4

Question; This is "My Devices" on Google Play.
    Google Play - My Devices and the N4-my_devices.jpg

I don't own the Galaxy S II anymore and with a purchase of the N4 yesterday I will no longer own the Galaxy Nexus (sold it on eBay today). Is there anything I can do to get either of these devices removed completely from "My Devices" since I no longer own them? Anything I can do in the Galaxy Nexus before I restore it to factory? Thanks for any help.

Carrier
    Evervolv JB

Default Re: Google Play - My Devices and the N4

Quote Originally Posted by mgiusto View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my_devices.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	46334

I don't own the Galaxy S II anymore and with a purchase of the N4 yesterday I will no longer own the Galaxy Nexus (sold it on eBay today). Is there anything I can do to get either of these devices removed completely from "My Devices" since I no longer own them? Anything I can do in the Galaxy Nexus before I restore it to factory? Thanks for any help.
    Simply removing your Google account from the phone itself will take care of that. Go to settings/accounts/sync, click on the menu button and "remove account".

Quote Originally Posted by ctfrommn View Post
    Simply removing your Google account from the phone itself will take care of that. Go to settings/accounts/sync, click on the menu button and "remove account".
    He said he doesn't own the S2 anymore so makes it kinda hard to remove it via the phone. Sorry op I have no idea and I have a few phones I need to remove as well that I no longer own.

You should be able to revoke access to any systems via the web.

Should be, but how?

I'm not one of those guys who tell you "just google it', but I got as far as "Remove dev" when google autocomplete filled in "remove device from google play"

Removing/hiding devices on Google Play website - Google Play Help

Quote Originally Posted by mgiusto View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my_devices.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	46334

Just what you've done OP. So long as you've wiped the device, it won't link to your account any more.

I still see my 1st replacement Amaze in the menu, but not my original unit from December. It might be they drop off after 8 months, or that the IMEI showed up on another user's account (repurposed by T-Mobile after certification). I dunno. Don't worry about it. You could also edit the name to 'OLD DEVICE NO LONGER IN HAND.' Earlier this year my old devices reappeared in the menus, and I had to deselect them again on this page.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctfrommn View Post
    You can't do that to the primary account -- you have to factory reset.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll try the remove account option when I am about to wipe the Gnex. But as the post just above this one states, it might not be possible with my google account being the primary one on the phone, I'll give it a try though and let you all know here.

I've already known about "hiding" the device which you can see in my screenshot I have the Galaxy S II set to "not show in menus", I was just looking to see if I could completely remove devices from this page that I don't own anymore.
    #teamandroid

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

When I look at my devices in Google, I have a photo of my Nexus 7, but not of my GS3, it just shows a 'outline drawing' of the phone. How did you get a photo of your GS2?

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

I removed Google from my Evo 3d before I sold it so NO, it does not remove it from showing up. There is a setting to "hide" the device, however, lol, which is where my Evo 3d resides in my Google atmosphere.