1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why can't we just backorder the thing?

So like most of you, I wasted a day of my life yesterday trying to get an N4. For all my troubles, the closest I came was having it in my basket before it was removed.

What I want to know is simply why can't we just place a backorder? Why can't we say, hey I want one, ship it as soon as you can, here is my money. I mean what is the point of not allowing us to backorder devices?

Default Re: Why can't we just backorder the thing?

No clue. It could be that easy but I guess not.

Its how Google "rolls" personally i would like too aswell get a back order.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Even worse, they could use the backorder data to help them fill future orders and understand the demand for the product. Right now all they know is how fast it sold out, but they don't really know how many more people will put up their money to order one. All would be solved if people were allowed to simply order the phone and have it ship later.

They don't do pre-orders, they won't do back-orders.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    They don't do pre-orders, they won't do back-orders.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlbrk View Post
    Why?
    I don't know why they didn't do pre-orders and I don't understand why they wouldn't do back-orders but they aren't. Something you'd have to ask Google. I agree you should be able to do back-orders of the phone but for some reason they don't want people to back order the device.
    Thanked by:

Apparently you were able to because that's what they told me I did. They sent me an email that said my order was being placed on backorder and I should get it within 3 weeks. They also said that they would credit me back for shipping. So I guess they took more orders than they had phones
    Available.

Quote Originally Posted by mjjclark1 View Post
    Apparently you were able to because that's what they told me I did. They sent me an email that said my order was being placed on backorder and I should get it within 3 weeks. They also said that they would credit me back for shipping. So I guess they took more orders than they had phones
    Available.
    Yet ppl who ordered first are not getting the phone first. Seems real smart to just magically roll a dice to see who gets dibs on something somebody spent money on.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

Default Why can't we just backorder the thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    I don't know why they didn't do pre-orders and I don't understand why they wouldn't do back-orders but they aren't. Something you'd have to ask Google. I agree you should be able to do back-orders of the phone but for some reason they don't want people to back order the device.
    I think they don't because they are not fulfilling them it's LG most phones that can be pre ordered are through carriers and or the manufacture themselves neither which is google. They don't over see that process. Like apple does with it's shipments. I think googs still look at this like its more devs getting but this phone is mainstream consumers they have to up the qnty with LG I am waiting to order as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
    tgp

Global Posts
    1,764 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjjclark1 View Post
    Available.
    I just received that email too. At least I won't waste a lot more time checking the shipping status. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I really should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore, and even that one is mostly unused because it's been superseded by its big brother!)