Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Default Re: T-Mobile Nexus 4 vs Play Store Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    Ahh Andrew, now I got it. So it is just another way to pay low for a plan,maybe keep the phone you have But NOT a way around this crappola of getting a phone ????
    Well when you go prepaid, you bring your own phone. You buy the plan and phone separate, which means you get the device you want and choose the service that fits you as well. Its a good way to save money.
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    I bit the bullet and went into a T-Mo store and picked one up for 500. It is the exact same phone sold on the Play store. Full stock, no crapware, fullly unlocked.
    Might not be the same if you get it with a contract.
    I was planning on getting the contract and then canceling the contract for various reasons, but the two people I talked to told me there was a T-mobile logo on the phone.... though the way they went from friendly to cold, makes me think they are trained to say it has a T-mobile logo on it and is locked in order to keep people from getting the phone, and then canceling the contract right after.

.... anyone else had a similar experience? Tired to get the N4 for 200? and seen a T-mobile logo on the front of the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Benoni Cooper View Post
    I was planning on getting the contract and then canceling the contract for various reasons, but the two people I talked to told me there was a T-mobile logo on the phone.... though the way they went from friendly to cold, makes me think they are trained to say it has a T-mobile logo on it and is locked in order to keep people from getting the phone, and then canceling the contract right after.

.... anyone else had a similar experience? Tired to get the N4 for 200? and seen a T-mobile logo on the front of the phone?
    It is not locked, there is no logo, and there is no custom software or apps. It is the same as the Play Store model.
    Thanked by:

I got my girl the nexus 4 with upgrade with 2yr contract Cruz tmo in my area has great service with 42 and completely stock no logo but nexus and lg on the back I'm loving it bout to just go buy off contract 500$ I got the loot and I'm being impatient lol love that phone just beautiful
    I ended buying it and service is much better than I expected lowest around 2mbps height little over 20mbps
    Last edited by sonnyg85; 11-24-2012 at 10:56 PM.

If the one you called was anything like the one I picked my Nexus 4 up from it's much more likely that they just didn't have a clue! Seriously when I went in the guy brought out an 8X the first time around lol...

ROM
    Paranoid android

Default The Play Nexus 4 and the T-Mobile Nexus 4

Has anybody gone to a T-mobile store to buy a Nexus 4 and popped a AT&T sim card in it? If so did it go just fine? The reps at T-mobile told me the phone was locked. I though it false but I did not want to take the chance.
    Thanks

Default Re: The Play Nexus 4 and the T-Mobile Nexus 4

Have you not read the other threads with this exact same question? .

yes, it is unlocked.

ROM
    Paranoid android

I apologize, I could not manage to find any of them...
    Thank you though.

Edit~

I really wanted to know if anyone has used a AT&T sim card in the device they bought from T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by harrycarry250 View Post
    I really wanted to know if anyone has used a AT&T sim card in the device they bought from T-Mobile.
    They have. and it works. Its unlocked.

ROM
    Paranoid android

Thank you. Do you know anyone who has? I really want someone with a first hand experience.
    Thanks

Hope your tmo stores are looking better than mine checked with every store in Portland metro, next shipment is supposed to be in December.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Paranoid android

Oh man! I really hope that is not the case...

Thank you. Do you know anyone who has? I really want someone with a first hand experience.
    Thanks
    Several posters on this forum, as well as T-Mobile employees that have showed screenshots of it on AT&T.

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I picked one up at a T-Mo store. I am running a Straight Talk Sim in it right now with no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    "In valor, there is hope."
    Andrew Martonik likes this.

ROM
    Paranoid android

Ok, thanks for the help! I called LG and the derp I spoke to did not know of the Nexus 4 and said I was confused with samsung, lol.
    Thanked by:

Thanks
    I picked one up and intially was using an AT&T straight talk sim, it worked fine. I switched it out for a Tmobile straight talk sim to take advantage of the faster data tho.

Ok, thanks for the help! I called LG and the derp I spoke to did not know of the Nexus 4 and said I was confused with samsung, lol.
    Only a select few Tmobile stores are stocking it, you probably called one of the ones that aren't, hence the reason they had no idea what you were talking about lol.

ROM
    Paranoid android

Thanks a lot. I know T-mobile HSPA data is faster but I have unlimited on ATT. As far as you can tell there is no difference between the devices? Play and T-Mobile that is.

Thanks a lot. I know T-mobile HSPA data is faster but I have unlimited on ATT. As far as you can tell there is no difference between the devices? Play and T-Mobile that is.
    They. Are. The. Same.
    gone down south likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    It is not locked, there is no logo, and there is no custom software or apps. It is the same as the Play Store model.
    Any way you can confirm that? it sounded like perhaps the phone costing 500$ might be unlocked, but the 200$ one with the contract might be locked or at least with a logo?

any reports from someone who has gotten it with a contract? Any reports form someone who ordered it over the phone from T-mobile?

Any way you can confirm that? it sounded like perhaps the phone costing 500$ might be unlocked, but the 200$ one with the contract might be locked or at least with a logo?
    They're both $500. One way you pay in full, the other way you make payments with your bill.

They're the same, you just either pay for it all up front, or less up front and more with your money in a contract.

They don't make different phones to sell off and on contract...

If you buy the T-Mobile version, do software updates still come through Google or through T-Mobile? I've heard two different things...

Quote Originally Posted by sonicresidue View Post
    If you buy the T-Mobile version, do software updates still come through Google or through T-Mobile? I've heard two different things...
    From Google, in fact as soon as you turn it on you get the 4.2 update direct from Google heh..

Quote Originally Posted by sonicresidue View Post
    Indications are Google. Theres really nothing different between the Nexus 4 sold by T-Mobile and the Google Play Store.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast