Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree22Likes

Default Re: T-Mobile Nexus 4 vs Play Store Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    Yes it is the same exact phone. It's 100% unlocked. I bought mine when it was free on the T-Mobile site, paid the first months bill and then cancelled the contract....
    Smart girl. :thumbup: :beer:

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    Thanked by:

Looks like this thread has been dormant for a month and a half or so, but I think it's probably the best place to ask my question. Obviously earlier in the thread it's well established that the Nexus 4 from the Play Store and in a T Mobile store are the exact same phone. However, I just got back from a T Mobile store where I announced my intent to purchase it on the Play Store and informed the sales rep of the price difference, and he claimed the price difference is because it's a different version on the Play Store. He said the Play Store version doesn't support 4G.

I'm pretty sure I was being swindled or else he's really misinformed. Sorry for my ignorance, but has anything changed of late and what is the actual scenario? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by itslikeimsayin View Post
    Looks like this thread has been dormant for a month and a half or so, but I think it's probably the best place to ask my question. Obviously earlier in the thread it's well established that the Nexus 4 from the Play Store and in a T Mobile store are the exact same phone. However, I just got back from a T Mobile store where I announced my intent to purchase it on the Play Store and informed the sales rep of the price difference, and he claimed the price difference is because it's a different version on the Play Store. He said the Play Store version doesn't support 4G.

I'm pretty sure I was being swindled or else he's really misinformed. Sorry for my ignorance, but has anything changed of late and what is the actual scenario? Thanks.
    He's most likely trying to swindle you. They are the exact same phones. Get it from the Play Store. It's the same phone for less. The Nexus 4 doesn't support 4GLTE, but it does support HSPA+, which is essentially 4G.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The specs on the Play Store clearly say it's a 3G device, unless you consider HSPA+ fourth gen.
    The specs on the T-Mobile site look much the same.

Default ** Warning! FUD detected! Warning! **

Quote Originally Posted by itslikeimsayin View Post

Did you notice ... were his eyes brown? If they weren't ... he was a quart low.

He was giving you 100% industrial strength BS. Either through ignorance, or bad salesmanship. Sorry I one of us couldn't be there to loudly tell him how wrong he is.

... Now, "4G" is largely a marketing term that can refer to any number of frequency schemes and capabilities. If you ask them, "Doesn't the Nexus 4 have HSPA+ 42? Isn't that 4G? If it ISN'T, then what are you selling people that don't get the new T-Mobile LTE frequencies? Does the 'T-Mobile Nexus 4' have LTE?" See if their eyeballs get a little large and jaw sags in that patented expression meaning "Customer isn't buying the , need another tape to plug in and play back, ...."
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 06-07-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345