T-Mobile Nexus 4 vs Play Store Nexus 4

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ahh Andrew, now I got it. So it is just another way to pay low for a plan,maybe keep the phone you have But NOT a way around this crappola of getting a phone ????

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how manly people got backorder notices just so T-Mobile could offer this phone directly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how manly people got backorder notices just so T-Mobile could offer this phone directly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Considering only one store within about 60 miles of my house had any, add in the fact they had a grand total of 6 phones and I think its safe to say not many lol.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Ahh Andrew, now I got it. So it is just another way to pay low for a plan,maybe keep the phone you have But NOT a way around this crappola of getting a phone ????

Well when you go prepaid, you bring your own phone. You buy the plan and phone separate, which means you get the device you want and choose the service that fits you as well. Its a good way to save money.

Benoni Cooper

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I bit the bullet and went into a T-Mo store and picked one up for 500. It is the exact same phone sold on the Play store. Full stock, no crapware, fullly unlocked.

Might not be the same if you get it with a contract.
I was planning on getting the contract and then canceling the contract for various reasons, but the two people I talked to told me there was a T-mobile logo on the phone.... though the way they went from friendly to cold, makes me think they are trained to say it has a T-mobile logo on it and is locked in order to keep people from getting the phone, and then canceling the contract right after.

.... anyone else had a similar experience? Tired to get the N4 for 200? and seen a T-mobile logo on the front of the phone?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I was planning on getting the contract and then canceling the contract for various reasons, but the two people I talked to told me there was a T-mobile logo on the phone.... though the way they went from friendly to cold, makes me think they are trained to say it has a T-mobile logo on it and is locked in order to keep people from getting the phone, and then canceling the contract right after.

.... anyone else had a similar experience? Tired to get the N4 for 200? and seen a T-mobile logo on the front of the phone?

It is not locked, there is no logo, and there is no custom software or apps. It is the same as the Play Store model.

sonnyg85

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I got my girl the nexus 4 with upgrade with 2yr contract Cruz tmo in my area has great service with 42 and completely stock no logo but nexus and lg on the back I'm loving it bout to just go buy off contract 500$ I got the loot and I'm being impatient lol love that phone just beautiful
I ended buying it and service is much better than I expected lowest around 2mbps height little over 20mbps

Last edited:

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

If the one you called was anything like the one I picked my Nexus 4 up from it's much more likely that they just didn't have a clue! Seriously when I went in the guy brought out an 8X the first time around lol...

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The Play Nexus 4 and the T-Mobile Nexus 4

Has anybody gone to a T-mobile store to buy a Nexus 4 and popped a AT&T sim card in it? If so did it go just fine? The reps at T-mobile told me the phone was locked. I though it false but I did not want to take the chance.
Thanks

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: The Play Nexus 4 and the T-Mobile Nexus 4

I apologize, I could not manage to find any of them...
Thank you though.

Edit~

I really wanted to know if anyone has used a AT&T sim card in the device they bought from T-Mobile.

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Thank you. Do you know anyone who has? I really want someone with a first hand experience.
Thanks

qreepii

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Hope your tmo stores are looking better than mine checked with every store in Portland metro, next shipment is supposed to be in December.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

I picked one up at a T-Mo store. I am running a Straight Talk Sim in it right now with no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Ok, thanks for the help! I called LG and the derp I spoke to did not know of the Nexus 4 and said I was confused with samsung, lol.