Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 101 to 108 of 108
Like Tree16Likes
  1. #101  
    kruglovus's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

    Default Re: For those impatient... Don't buy on Ebay!

    Yes. This seems reasonable. In this case T-mo would not have that choice of 4 options. Only cancel at request and charge ETF.
    BTW, it seems wrong that VZW charged your girlfriend activation fee, if there was no activation performed.
  2. #102  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: For those impatient... Don't buy on Ebay!

    Okay. So, I noticed that the HTC One S is free on contract with T-Mobile, currently. There is also a waived activation fee promotion going on.
    I can pay absolutely nothing for this phone, but I'm not allowed to pay the ETF until after my first billing period, and by then I would have already payed for 1 month of service.
    After paying for that month of service, I will be allowed to pay an ETF to cancel service.
    So, I'm getting an HTC One S for $280 ($80 for first month of service, $200 ETF).
    Then I can reactivate on a monthly4G prepaid plan and pay $30 a month for 100 minutes, and unlimited texting and data.
    This is coming from lots of consultation with multiple T-Mobile representatives.
    The same would apply to the Nexus 4.
  3. #103  

    Default Re: For those impatient... Don't buy on Ebay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    Okay. So, I noticed that the HTC One S is free on contract with T-Mobile, currently. There is also a waived activation fee promotion going on.
    I can pay absolutely nothing for this phone, but I'm not allowed to pay the ETF until after my first billing period, and by then I would have already payed for 1 month of service.
    After paying for that month of service, I will be allowed to pay an ETF to cancel service.
    So, I'm getting an HTC One S for $280 ($80 for first month of service, $200 ETF).
    Then I can reactivate on a monthly4G prepaid plan and pay $30 a month for 100 minutes, and unlimited texting and data.
    This is coming from lots of consultation with multiple T-Mobile representatives.
    The same would apply to the Nexus 4.
    You're not the first person to bring up the idea of trying to get a cheap phone from TMo. Always read the fine print brah...

    4. * Cancellation and Returns. Service Cancellation: You can cancel a new line of Service without paying an Early Termination Fee if you cancel WITHIN 14 DAYS of activating a new line of Service (30 days in California; other states may differ - ask your sales representative) ("Cancellation Period"). You remain responsible for all Charges incurred through the date of cancellation. To cancel Service during the Cancellation Period, you may be required to go to the place where you activated Service and return any T-Mobile Device you acquired at the time of activation. You must return your T-Mobile Device in its package with all original contents, undamaged and in good working condition with no material alterations to the Device's hardware or software. If you do not return your T-Mobile Device or if you return your T-Mobile Device in a damaged, altered or destroyed condition, we may take one or more of the following actions: (a) prevent your T-Mobile Device from working on any network; (b) charge you the Early Termination Fee; (c) elect not to process your Service cancellation; or (d) charge you the suggested retail price or the cost to repair a T-Mobile Device, (which may be greater than the price you paid), plus any shipping and handling charges. Device Refunds and Restocking Fees: For T-Mobile Device and accessory returns and exchanges, see the applicable return policy, which is available at your place of purchase. Some T-Mobile Devices and accessories may not be refunded or exchanged, and you may be required to pay a restocking fee.
  4. #104  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: For those impatient... Don't buy on Ebay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Phrozen View Post
    You're not the first person to bring up the idea of trying to get a cheap phone from TMo. Always read the fine print brah...

    4. * Cancellation and Returns. Service Cancellation: You can cancel a new line of Service without paying an Early Termination Fee if you cancel WITHIN 14 DAYS of activating a new line of Service (30 days in California; other states may differ - ask your sales representative) ("Cancellation Period"). You remain responsible for all Charges incurred through the date of cancellation. To cancel Service during the Cancellation Period, you may be required to go to the place where you activated Service and return any T-Mobile Device you acquired at the time of activation. You must return your T-Mobile Device in its package with all original contents, undamaged and in good working condition with no material alterations to the Device's hardware or software. If you do not return your T-Mobile Device or if you return your T-Mobile Device in a damaged, altered or destroyed condition, we may take one or more of the following actions: (a) prevent your T-Mobile Device from working on any network; (b) charge you the Early Termination Fee; (c) elect not to process your Service cancellation; or (d) charge you the suggested retail price or the cost to repair a T-Mobile Device, (which may be greater than the price you paid), plus any shipping and handling charges. Device Refunds and Restocking Fees: For T-Mobile Device and accessory returns and exchanges, see the applicable return policy, which is available at your place of purchase. Some T-Mobile Devices and accessories may not be refunded or exchanged, and you may be required to pay a restocking fee.
    Right. I don't want to return the phone, so I'd have to cancel after 30 days.
  5. #105  

    Default Re: For those impatient... Don't buy on Ebay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    Right. I don't want to return the phone, so I'd have to cancel after 30 days.
    I'm confused. You want to get a subsidized phone by signing up with Tmo (aka contract). You get the phone and you intend on canceling the service after 30 days? You still incur an ETF. And the terms & conditions of getting service with TMo still apply. There's quite a few "may" words in it. The point being, if you cancel service (a contract) early, you incur an ETF. On top of that, they MAY tell you to return your device. If you don't then they MAY do one or more of the the things they listed.

    Just giving you an FYI so you aren't surprised if they suddenly tell you to return the phone.

    ChromeJob likes this.
  6. #106  

    Default Re: For those impatient... Don't buy on Ebay!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Yep.

    Store rep told me they're phasing out subsidized phone, just offering cheaper plans and selling phones at full price. Good luck with that, T-Mobile.

    The N4 is indeed what Phil said it was - classy, primo feeling, with clear, sharp display. A fellow was installing Speedtest.net, hoping to see how fast it was, but the store had some bogus "micro-site" that gave me a whopping 29 asu, and stone age speed. WTF, T-Mobile?
    Isn't that the MetroPCS business model? Didn't they just buy them?
    ChromeJob likes this.
  7. #107  

    Default Re: For those impatient... Don't buy on Ebay!

    So...I did this about 2 days after the play store launch at a local t-mobile. I bought the phone on contract and on my drive home called customer service and asked to cancel the contract before the 14 days but wanted to keep the phone. I just quickly told the csr that I wanted to pay the etf and she gladly cancelled my service. The csr said that I would be pro rated and billed for the 1 day of service that I had. Unfortunately, I got a bum phone where the power button didn't work correctly and I returned the device (which meant reactivating contract) and getting a full refund. I just have to pay for the 3 days of service that I had the phone for which won't be more than a few dollars. So yeah, you can do it this way, but you ultimately loose support from t-mobile until after 14 day buyer remorse period and the Play Store can not help you with your device (they will direct you to t-mobile).


    Edit... just called in to see what my balance was...apparently it is $0, so that is good. I am just going to wait for the play store to restock and save the $50 for accessories.
  8. #108  

    Default Re: For those impatient... Don't buy on Ebay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    ... I can pay absolutely nothing for this phone, but I'm not allowed to pay the ETF until after my first billing period, and by then I would have already payed for 1 month of service.
    After paying for that month of service, I will be allowed to pay an ETF to cancel service.
    So, I'm getting an HTC One S for $280 ($80 for first month of service, $200 ETF).
    Then I can reactivate on a monthly4G prepaid plan and pay $30 a month for 100 minutes, and unlimited texting and data.
    This is coming from lots of consultation with multiple T-Mobile representatives.
    The same would apply to the Nexus 4.
    A store sales rep told me in no uncertain terms that there'd be a cool off period after early termination during which you cant subscribe again. YMMV :rolleyes:
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Similar Threads

  1. For those that want the update, but dont want to loose root!
    By Flyguide83 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 02:22 AM
  2. Question for those how have Cyanogen Mod'd their N1
    By pnd4pnd in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 05:22 AM
  3. For those of you on the Droid/Eris fence
    By rich78 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 06:29 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 02:34 PM
  5. For those who went Pre --> Sprint Hero
    By desantim in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions

B