Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default Re: The My Nexus 4 Just Got Delivered Thread!!

Mine was left with a family member while I was at work. Liking it so far even though I haven't really pushed it so far.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I got mine early yesterday morning(friday as its now saturday)...anyways i love the feel of the phone. the little extra weight makes if better than the gnex imo. speaker is better then the gnex. notification sounds are a little louder but i won't say by much. battery life is still too early to call. maybe by monday i can start to really gauge how battery life will be but for today it wasn't bad at all. i got 2+ hrs of screen time and i haven't charged it since about 2pm and its almost 1am. the screen is vastly improved then the gnex. i had both phones side by side and had the same brightness levels and its not even a contest. N4 beats gnex easy. the only thing i need now is seidio to make a case with a kickstand and i'm set.
    Thanked by 2:
    cynicistqnet 

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Thank you so much for going the extra mile and giving us some great feedback and first impressions. I also have a SGS2 and will be buying this phone, so I am especially interested in how the battery is compared to the SGS2.

Cheers. :beer:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by smileman View Post
    so after charging it fully I've had it on for exactly 11 hours with the screen maxed up to 100% brightness. wifi, nfc and bluetooth off. gps on.

i've made a couple calls, sent maybe a dozen text messages, done some emailing, used Strava to record a 20+ minute bike ride, Google Reader, etc. and I'm still at 41% battery. here's the breakdown:

screen 44% (1h 4m on)
    android os 14% (1h 28m awake)
    voice calls 7% (12m 14s calls)
    phone idle 7% (9h 57m 12s)
    strava 5% (24m)
    mobile standby 5% (13% time without signal)
    android system 3%
    gmail 3%
    phone 3%
    exchange 2%

41% with this much use seems pretty good too me, especially with the screen on max brightness.

feeling very confident i'll be able to get through a full day on a single charge.
    Where do you think you would be on your SGS2 at this point?

Android Evangelist

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by justinl111 View Post
    I'm not just need to test a few of the latest models for work. Probably just about to roll out new phones to my work colleagues so been testing a few, though will end up being a choice between a Windows Phone and Iphone 5.
    So with all these phones available to you which ones are your favorites?

Android Evangelist
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Where do you think you would be on your SGS2 at this point?
    very close to if not fully drained. i couldn't leave my SGS2 on full screen brightness and expect to have enough juice to make it through the day.

one of the big mysteries about the N4 from all the reviews was the mixed battery reports. not sure what was going on there with that, but i feel very, very happy with battery life compared to my SGS2. i think i could really push this thing quite a bit further and definitely make it all the way through a long day.
    Thanked by 3:
    badbrad17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm9007 View Post
    I just got my 8GB Nexus 4 in!

Finally! LOL.

Too bad my 16GB is back ordered. Maybe I'll just cancel it if it doesn't ship too soon.
    I hope people cancel there order, that means (in theory) they would ship mine sooner

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Default The My Nexus 4 Just Got Delivered Thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by sidroid View Post
    I guess the reviewers didn't shake their devices

Seems like this is a common issue with all N4s
    A rattle might be a deal breaker for me. That's not solid build quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default The My Nexus 4 Just Got Delivered Thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by tjm9007 View Post
    Almost every smartphone I've ever had has had a rattle.

It's been the lock button every time.
    Ok that makes sense and I'm fine with it. I guess I've never shaken my phone in a quiet room before. I just grabbed my nexus s and the lock button rattles on it. No biggie then.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dobiegillis View Post
    A rattle might be a deal breaker for me. That's not solid build quality.

I have mine and am experiencing no rattle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

If someone could do me a favor, can you tell me what your UPS information said as far as weight of the package? Supposedly a bumper is on it's way to me on Monday and it lists it at 1.6lbs. Wishful thinking that the phone could be in there as well, but it seems a bit heavy just for some plastic. Probably full of packing material I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by foolishfocus View Post
    If someone could do me a favor, can you tell me what your UPS information said as far as weight of the package? Supposedly a bumper is on it's way to me on Monday and it lists it at 1.6lbs. Wishful thinking that the phone could be in there as well, but it seems a bit heavy just for some plastic. Probably full of packing material I guess.
    1.1lbs for just the phone
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

but i feel very, very happy with battery life...i think i could really push this thing quite a bit further and definitely make it all the way through a long day.
    just wrapping up my second full day with the N4 and i decided to push the battery a little more fully today. i think i got a little too bullish. i set the screen to 100% brigthness and used it for navigation for over an hour driving out into the countryside. also took some calls, took a few photos, and i was down to 33% by midday. i don't think this result is too surprising. the N4 is no iPhone on the battery power front.

the other nice thing about the N4 is that as soon as you power down the GPS, set the screen to auto, and do other power saving moves it sips battery pretty slowly. so i was able to keep the phone on and not run out of juice until the end of the day.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #89  

a couple other quick observations day 2.5 N4 observations:

1. i wish GPS on/off was in the quick settings menu like it is on the SGS2

2. i wish the WiFi button that is in the quick settings directly turned WiFi on/off rather than taking you to the WiFi settings menu screen where you have to click again to turn it on/off

3. the UI on the camera's HDR is absolutely awesome and dead simple. however, if you get a phone call in the middle of putting together an HDR shot like i did today and reject the call you will lose all your HDR work and have to start from scratch.

4. i still can't get over how fast this thing recharges! i haven't clocked it yet but it seems like it's going from 0-100% in under two hours easy.

5. some apps seem to be working better than they did on SGS2. for example, on my SGS2 ride map thumbnail pics in Strava wouldn't appear for some of my rides whereas with my N4 they always do. the Authenticate app for Google 2-step on my SGS2 never worked and i had to turn two-step off, but it works perfectly now. Chrome also never really worked veyr on my SGS2 but it works really well now.

6. on reports that the N4 gets hot, it does warm up some on the back but not as much as my SGS2 would. so this is not a concern for me (so far at least).
    Last edited by smileman; 11-18-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Thanked by:
    RickyBlade likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

Quote Originally Posted by noname3151 View Post
    I have mine and am experiencing no rattle
    so some of us have the rattle and others don't?

i realize this may sound a bit picky to everyone who is still waiting for theirs, but how many others out there that have the rattle are interested in getting a new N4 without a rattle?

I got my N4 yesterday afternoon, charged it last night and it is at 61% now after more than average usage with app downloading and contact sync with Google. Very pleased with the phone (coming from an iPhone 4), the battery life and Android 4.2

No rattle for me either, and no visible yellow tint as well. Now if only I had a case for this, I could stop handling this with baby gloves
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

my one rattles too, mostly when I shake it sideways, not so much if I shake it up and down - seems like a lose screw or something, I thought it might be the buttons, but I held both and it still does it, so it's defo something on the inside

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by foolishfocus View Post
    I ordered a 16gb and a bumper.

Weight: 2.50 lbs

Ugh, now suddenly the double finger swipe is not working no matter what I do. Anyone else had this issue?

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

so some of us have the rattle and others don't?

i realize this may sound a bit picky to everyone who is still waiting for theirs, but how many others out there that have the rattle are interested in getting a new N4 without a rattle?
    missed your post

I'm going to stick with my n4 unless something else comes up. Just because a new device might not have the rattle (which isn't noticeable unless you shake the phone) it might have different issues. So for now, I can live with the rattle if no other issues arise

Mine got delivered on friday, but didn't see this thread until now.

For those with the Nexus 4 who want to join Solavei like i did, here is how you go about doing it

1. To begin signup of your Nexus 4 use this link.
    http://www.solavei.com/SignUp?un=ben...es&from=Invite
    2. Enter your zip to confirm coverage
    3. [Important] Use the following IMEI # to get past the first step: 353022055115650 . This IMEI ensures you get the micro-sim card instead of a full-size sim.
    4. Solavei asks if you want to port a phone # or have them choose a phone # for you.
    5. Solavei asks for the usual personal information
    6. Solavei mentions that it will be shipping you a "sim" but does not go into detail whether it is a micro-sim or not. Don't worry. The IMEI # you used earlier ensures it is a micro-sim.
    7. Finish the process and a micro-sim card will be shipped out to you within 2 business days #Googlenexus #Lgnexus4 #solavei

Hope that helps.

For those with the Nexus 4 who want to join Solavei like i did, here is how you go about doing it
    You forgot the step where you post your referral link all over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by VSG28 View Post
    Ugh, now suddenly the double finger swipe is not working no matter what I do. Anyone else had this issue?
    Yes, I had this exact same issue, all of a sudden double finger swipe-down refuses to work and a single swipe initially starts to pull down the notification area fails, a click is registered on on app icon.
    A reboot of the device resolved this for me, it hasn't happened against since, fingers crossed.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Mine got delivered just yesterday!!

Riviera Beach, FL, United States 12/10/2012 2:23 P.M. Delivered
    12/10/2012 4:01 A.M. Out For Delivery
    12/10/2012 4:00 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Hialeah, FL, United States 12/09/2012 11:58 P.M. Departure Scan
    12/09/2012 9:19 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Orlando, FL, United States 12/09/2012 5:19 P.M. Departure Scan
    Orlando, FL, United States 12/08/2012 5:53 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Louisville, KY, United States 12/07/2012 3:47 P.M. Departure Scan
    12/07/2012 11:02 A.M. Origin Scan
    United States 12/06/2012 4:16 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

And btw i got my phone sooner than what google told me, it originally said 2-3 weeks and actually it was 1!!
    Thanked by:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast