The My Nexus 4 Just Got Delivered Thread!!
12-12-2012 06:21 PM
- I got mine early yesterday morning(friday as its now saturday)...anyways i love the feel of the phone. the little extra weight makes if better than the gnex imo. speaker is better then the gnex. notification sounds are a little louder but i won't say by much. battery life is still too early to call. maybe by monday i can start to really gauge how battery life will be but for today it wasn't bad at all. i got 2+ hrs of screen time and i haven't charged it since about 2pm and its almost 1am. the screen is vastly improved then the gnex. i had both phones side by side and had the same brightness levels and its not even a contest. N4 beats gnex easy. the only thing i need now is seidio to make a case with a kickstand and i'm set.11-17-2012 03:57 AM
- Thank you so much for going the extra mile and giving us some great feedback and first impressions. I also have a SGS2 and will be buying this phone, so I am especially interested in how the battery is compared to the SGS2.
Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums11-17-2012 04:13 AM
- so after charging it fully I've had it on for exactly 11 hours with the screen maxed up to 100% brightness. wifi, nfc and bluetooth off. gps on.
i've made a couple calls, sent maybe a dozen text messages, done some emailing, used Strava to record a 20+ minute bike ride, Google Reader, etc. and I'm still at 41% battery. here's the breakdown:
screen 44% (1h 4m on)
android os 14% (1h 28m awake)
voice calls 7% (12m 14s calls)
phone idle 7% (9h 57m 12s)
strava 5% (24m)
mobile standby 5% (13% time without signal)
android system 3%
41% with this much use seems pretty good too me, especially with the screen on max brightness.
feeling very confident i'll be able to get through a full day on a single charge.
Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums11-17-2012 04:24 AM
Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums11-17-2012 04:28 AM
one of the big mysteries about the N4 from all the reviews was the mixed battery reports. not sure what was going on there with that, but i feel very, very happy with battery life compared to my SGS2. i think i could really push this thing quite a bit further and definitely make it all the way through a long day.11-17-2012 05:21 AMLike 3
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums11-17-2012 05:41 AM
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk11-17-2012 07:45 AM
- If someone could do me a favor, can you tell me what your UPS information said as far as weight of the package? Supposedly a bumper is on it's way to me on Monday and it lists it at 1.6lbs. Wishful thinking that the phone could be in there as well, but it seems a bit heavy just for some plastic. Probably full of packing material I guess.11-17-2012 10:42 AM
- If someone could do me a favor, can you tell me what your UPS information said as far as weight of the package? Supposedly a bumper is on it's way to me on Monday and it lists it at 1.6lbs. Wishful thinking that the phone could be in there as well, but it seems a bit heavy just for some plastic. Probably full of packing material I guess.11-17-2012 10:48 AM
the other nice thing about the N4 is that as soon as you power down the GPS, set the screen to auto, and do other power saving moves it sips battery pretty slowly. so i was able to keep the phone on and not run out of juice until the end of the day.11-17-2012 05:57 PMLike 1
- a couple other quick observations day 2.5 N4 observations:
1. i wish GPS on/off was in the quick settings menu like it is on the SGS2
2. i wish the WiFi button that is in the quick settings directly turned WiFi on/off rather than taking you to the WiFi settings menu screen where you have to click again to turn it on/off
3. the UI on the camera's HDR is absolutely awesome and dead simple. however, if you get a phone call in the middle of putting together an HDR shot like i did today and reject the call you will lose all your HDR work and have to start from scratch.
4. i still can't get over how fast this thing recharges! i haven't clocked it yet but it seems like it's going from 0-100% in under two hours easy.
5. some apps seem to be working better than they did on SGS2. for example, on my SGS2 ride map thumbnail pics in Strava wouldn't appear for some of my rides whereas with my N4 they always do. the Authenticate app for Google 2-step on my SGS2 never worked and i had to turn two-step off, but it works perfectly now. Chrome also never really worked veyr on my SGS2 but it works really well now.
6. on reports that the N4 gets hot, it does warm up some on the back but not as much as my SGS2 would. so this is not a concern for me (so far at least).11-17-2012 06:04 PM
i realize this may sound a bit picky to everyone who is still waiting for theirs, but how many others out there that have the rattle are interested in getting a new N4 without a rattle?11-17-2012 06:08 PM
- I got my N4 yesterday afternoon, charged it last night and it is at 61% now after more than average usage with app downloading and contact sync with Google. Very pleased with the phone (coming from an iPhone 4), the battery life and Android 4.2
No rattle for me either, and no visible yellow tint as well. Now if only I had a case for this, I could stop handling this with baby gloves11-17-2012 08:43 PM
- If someone could do me a favor, can you tell me what your UPS information said as far as weight of the package? Supposedly a bumper is on it's way to me on Monday and it lists it at 1.6lbs. Wishful thinking that the phone could be in there as well, but it seems a bit heavy just for some plastic. Probably full of packing material I guess.
Weight: 2.50 lbs11-18-2012 09:25 AM
I'm going to stick with my n4 unless something else comes up. Just because a new device might not have the rattle (which isn't noticeable unless you shake the phone) it might have different issues. So for now, I can live with the rattle if no other issues arise11-18-2012 12:37 PM
- For those with the Nexus 4 who want to join Solavei like i did, here is how you go about doing it
1. To begin signup of your Nexus 4 use this link.
2. Enter your zip to confirm coverage
3. [Important] Use the following IMEI # to get past the first step: 353022055115650 . This IMEI ensures you get the micro-sim card instead of a full-size sim.
4. Solavei asks if you want to port a phone # or have them choose a phone # for you.
5. Solavei asks for the usual personal information
6. Solavei mentions that it will be shipping you a "sim" but does not go into detail whether it is a micro-sim or not. Don't worry. The IMEI # you used earlier ensures it is a micro-sim.
7. Finish the process and a micro-sim card will be shipped out to you within 2 business days #Googlenexus #Lgnexus4 #solavei
Hope that helps.11-23-2012 12:38 AM
A reboot of the device resolved this for me, it hasn't happened against since, fingers crossed.11-23-2012 02:59 AM
- Mine got delivered just yesterday!!
Riviera Beach, FL, United States 12/10/2012 2:23 P.M. Delivered
12/10/2012 4:01 A.M. Out For Delivery
12/10/2012 4:00 A.M. Arrival Scan
Hialeah, FL, United States 12/09/2012 11:58 P.M. Departure Scan
12/09/2012 9:19 P.M. Arrival Scan
Orlando, FL, United States 12/09/2012 5:19 P.M. Departure Scan
Orlando, FL, United States 12/08/2012 5:53 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 12/07/2012 3:47 P.M. Departure Scan
12/07/2012 11:02 A.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/06/2012 4:16 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
And btw i got my phone sooner than what google told me, it originally said 2-3 weeks and actually it was 1!!12-11-2012 06:47 AMLike 1
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google Nexus 4
The My Nexus 4 Just Got Delivered Thread!!
- By jfaria34 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 101Last Post: 11-14-2012, 01:55 AM
- By usguyver in forum Sprint Motorola Photon QReplies: 14Last Post: 08-23-2012, 12:29 AM
- By Halcyon in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 5Last Post: 11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
- By anon175469 in forum Motorola Triumph on Virgin MobileReplies: 53Last Post: 07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
- By e30ernest in forum T-Mobile Nexus SReplies: 10Last Post: 02-26-2011, 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD