Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Blame it on Slickdeals?

I haven't been on the Slickdeals forums in awhile, but went to browse today and there was a Nexus 4 thread with 325+ pages in the hot deals section. Not to single anyone out, but if you were shafted on ordering a Nexus 4 then it's possible that most of these phones will be resold on eBay, Craigslist, etc by a slickdealer.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Re: Blame it on Slickdeals?

With the next batch of phones coming "within three weeks" according to an email from google, I'm starting to think I should not have cancelled my duplicate order and instead resold it to someone on these forums at cost.

Quote Originally Posted by itsslee View Post
    I haven't been on the Slickdeals forums in awhile, but went to browse today and there was a Nexus 4 thread with 325+ pages in the hot deals section. Not to single anyone out, but if you were shafted on ordering a Nexus 4 then it's possible that most of these phones will be resold on eBay, Craigslist, etc by a slickdealer.

I followed the whole forum as they were on sale and very few were ordering multiple for resale. If anything the "multiple" orders came because of the stupid errors on the Google website. Which is likely why you were able to order all day long with them trickling back in stock.

As with every site, there is a few bad apples. But with SD they generally understand a risk vs reward situation when they are selling them and buying them at full cost to flip isn't the best situation when you factor in the fact that Google charges tax and shipping and then you have to pay to ship it plus eBay and the risk of getting screwed over. Not exactly worth it for most ppl.

But yah, this was a slickdeal.....that's why its on the site.

Slickdealers have ruined many a good offer, they ravenously snap up anything they can get their hands on just because it's free or cheap.
    Hate hate hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Slickdealers have ruined many a good offer, they ravenously snap up anything they can get their hands on just because it's free or cheap.
    Hate hate hate them.
    Nothing wrong with liking a deal. Sorry you hate me for it, but your prob not mine.
    Ry likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I love slickdeals. But having people buy up stock to resell at higher than MSRP is just wrong. I know the economy is bad and people want to make a buck, but damn! Every retail chain should have limits on purchasing. Make the buyers create multiple accounts and create more work for them if they want to override the system.

I check slickdeals, so I can't really talk too much trash about them myself.

Hey Google - that's 2 launches in a row you screwed up. http://i.imgur.com/XwojA.png

Quote Originally Posted by itsslee View Post
    I love slickdeals. But having people buy up stock to resell at higher than MSRP is just wrong. I know the economy is bad and people want to make a buck, but damn! Every retail chain should have limits on purchasing. Make the buyers create multiple accounts and create more work for them if they want to override the system.
    Money is money.

Do not blame Slickdeals. They offer a good service. As for people buying more phones than they need (while I don't personally like it) is their bussiness they take the same chances of not getting their order as you do. As for mistakes Google caused a lot of them so blame Google but you also need to blame us people on forums that sugested using refreash (which I sugested and used also) for maybe helping mess up Googles servers.