Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

Yepppp, just got my backorder email as well (Boston). I wonder now, is anyone actually receiving a Nexus 4, or was this all a ruse? Also, are we going to be refunded that exorbitant "2-day shipping" fee? Because no way am I paying $15 for 3 week shipping..

Edit: It does look like they will "credit the shipping charges", so I guess it's bumped down to free shipping?

I guess I'll just mess around with CM10 until then!

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

Yep same here with me!
    Ordered mines at 11:03am (San Francisco, CA)

Quote Originally Posted by heymecalvy View Post
    Yepppp, just got my backorder email as well (Boston). I wonder now, is anyone actually receiving a Nexus 4, or was this all a ruse? Also, are we going to be refunded that exorbitant "2-day shipping" fee? Because no way am I paying $15 for 3 week shipping..
    Did you read the email?

Quote Originally Posted by Roricken View Post
    Ugh, just got the same e-mail a few minutes ago Oh, well, 3 weeks is not that bad. On the plus side AT&T finally lit up LTE in Charleston, SC this morning!!! I can finally burn some LTE on my other phones while I wait!
    Oh did they?! (I'm in Goose Creek small world...) Yea I am with Sprint currently and as you may know, or not, the data in Charleston area has to be the worst speeds of anywhere in the world! Guess I got <3 weeks before my nexus 4 can liberate me..

Just got the same email. I ordered around 4:30pm ET in the US. BOO!!!!!

Looks like their refunding the shipping charges at least.

Exactly what I just emailed Google. and I have seen some email conformations that they sent. But I was in the middle of physics class when it was released so I couldn't order it! :@

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Got the same email. Ordered from the US on Tuesday around 146pm EST. Oh well, at least shipping will be credited.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boydcc2 View Post
    Oh did they?! (I'm in Goose Creek small world...) Yea I am with Sprint currently and as you may know, or not, the data in Charleston area has to be the worst speeds of anywhere in the world! Guess I got <3 weeks before my nexus 4 can liberate me..
    Lol, very small world. I'm from Summerville. Noticed it this morning being stuck in traffic. Almost created another accident from being in shock. Lol.

Wow I don't know what is worst. Missing out on the initial purchase or getting the backorder email..... T Mobile isn't so looking so bad

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

This is MADNESS. So I take it this isn't exclusive to Europe? First I saw a guy from Germany receive this email, now this guy from the UK, and now people in the US.

Is there a pattern or algorithm that G is using to determine who's Nexus gets backordered? Are we all potential targets? I ordered mine on Nov 13, 2012 8:41 AM PST (thats 11:41AM EST, as soon as they released it), did anyone order that early and receive this email? If I was one of the first to order and get this email I will be enraged and burn down the Kentucky warehouse so all of us can suffer muhahaha!

really??
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpolo521 View Post
    Just got the same email. I ordered around 4:30pm ET in the US. BOO!!!!!

Looks like their refunding the shipping charges at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Kessler View Post
    really??
    Yep

Google Play
    2:24 PM (25 minutes ago)

to me
    Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. Well send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.

Quote Originally Posted by smithy1983uk View Post
    just got this email from google about my nexus 4 8gb

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8342/8...9c975ff8_b.jpg

(UK btw)
    I just recieved the same email from Google as you did. Ug. I am on the east coast of USA.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default RE: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

Just received the same email!! Tampa, Fl (US)
    Guess I can give my nerves a rest and stop checking that damn wallet every hour.

no i meant refunding shipping
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpolo521 View Post
    Yep

Google Play
    2:24 PM (25 minutes ago)

to me
    Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. Well send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.
    - - - Updated - - -

But when you contact Google Support on email bout shipping they send

Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15.

Upon receiving your shipping confirmation email, you'll be given a tracking number that will assist you in determining your package's estimated delivery date. Please note that it might take up to 24 hours before the tracking number returns any information.

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Yup, just got the email too!

I kinda knew it was coming TBH, felt it in my bones as I still hadn't received a tracking number. Ah well, wouldn't have been able to play with it much next week anyhow as I have family visiting from out of state.

Still, royally sucks how the Goog has handled this IMHO. Very, very poor.

I wonder if the people in the US that are getting the message are the ones that were hitting refresh after the mad rush was over and getting lucky with the add to cart option popping up momentarily. Maybe it's more an issue with the website allowing additional orders randomly and erroneously after the actual units were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Roricken View Post
    Lol, very small world. I'm from Summerville. Noticed it this morning being stuck in traffic. Almost created another accident from being in shock. Lol.
    Hah, that's pretty sweet. Yea I had an EVO with Sprint and now a GS3. I long dreamed of that day when the 4G setting worked but I realize that will never happen :/ or at least no time soon hah. An unlocked off contract Nexus 4 on Tmo (better yet Solavei) is a better deal even if it does come.

That's how mine went through. I wanted to at least pre-order it so I guess I got my wish.

Thats what I did but some guy said he got his order in at 8am PST and he got this stupid email

Just got mine, ordered 16GB 4 at 1:40PM EST. I'm in Maryland....3 weeks.....stinky poo poo.
    8703/8330/Storm/OG Droid/HTC Inc/Droid X/RAZR/GNEX/RAZR MAXX/GS3/Note 2/MAXX HD/Note 3/Droid MAXX & GPad 8.3 DE Big Red!

I got the same e-mail in the US.

This is crazy. Google charges us for two day shipping to have it be out for stock?? Wtf.

I'm in CA and still haven't received that email about waiting three weeks.it's noon here.I ordered mine at 8:37

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I ordered mine at 11:34 am est and having got any email accept the confirm order email. I really have my fingers crossed.
    p51

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Just got the same damn email at 2:57 pm (I'm in Boston, MA). How the hell does a company this big screw up this badly. Unbelievable!!!! When i emailed them earlier today (2 hours ago) they replied that my order was scheduled to be shipped tonight, now i get this BS email about "within 3 weeks". Everything about this phone launch was 100% amateur hour. Thanks for nothing in particular Google. The iPhone 5 or GS3 may be a more viable option at this point. I'm not willing to wait any longer considering that Google sold out in an hour or so & now are talking "within 3 weeks". I'm not very confident in that window being met.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast