Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

Who's up for writing a strongly worded letter
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
    Ben Kessler likes this.

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by pb51 View Post
    Just got the same damn email at 2:57 pm (I'm in Boston, MA). How the hell does a company this big screw up this badly. Unbelievable!!!! When i emailed them earlier today (2 hours ago) they replied that my order was scheduled to be shipped tonight, now i get this BS email about "within 3 weeks". Everything about this phone launch was 100% amateur hour. Thanks for nothing in particular Google. The iPhone 5 or GS3 may be a more viable option at this point. I'm not willing to wait any longer considering that Google sold out in an hour or so & now are talking "within 3 weeks". I'm not very confident in that window being met.

Apple is still catching up with back-orders for the iPhone5 that were placed weeks ago, so.....

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Apple is still catching up with back-orders for the iPhone5 that were placed weeks ago, so.....
    Yeah, but they never said their phone would be delivered in 2-3 days. They said 3-4 weeks from the outset.

I am just glad I don't need to keep checking the ordering page to actually get my order in. Its coming that's all I really care about right now. Since I thought I had missed the ordering in the first place. I think everyone needs to calm down. I know you won;t get your shiny new toy Monday but maybe since it is coming to the holiday season (thanks giving is just two weeks away) things are going to be delayed pretty bad.

how i feel
    Just got the same damn email at 2:57 pm (I'm in Boston, MA). How the hell does a company this big screw up this badly. Unbelievable!!!! When i emailed them earlier today (2 hours ago) they replied that my order was scheduled to be shipped tonight, now i get this BS email about "within 3 weeks". Everything about this phone launch was 100% amateur hour. Thanks for nothing in particular Google. The iPhone 5 or GS3 may be a more viable option at this point. I'm not willing to wait any longer considering that Google sold out in an hour or so & now are talking "within 3 weeks". I'm not very confident in that window being met.
    - - - Updated - - -

how i feel www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFwXD0hCvtX4&h=2AQF7D5bC

Just got my back order email -16gb
    Order Date: November 13, 2012 8:54:10 AM UTC-8

who is the person we need to send it to????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mazariegos View Post
    Who's up for writing a strongly worded letter

Haha at this rate, I have a feeling I would, again, not be able to order during the next restock with all these back orders.

I just received the backorder email at 3:09pm ET.

My order (US, 16GB) was placed at 11:57am ET and status showed as shipping today.

Rather disappointing, to say the least.

Just received "The Email" as well! But I didn't order mine until about 1:00pm CST, so im probably one of the last that will receive mine when the phones come off the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Kessler View Post
    who is the person we need to send it to????????
    Google play? Or...

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just got the email, too. Ordered at 12:47 pm EST after my initial attempt an hour earlier crashed and burned. While it's nice to not have to pay for shipping, this is going to leave a scar on Google's reputation for selling physical products through their online store. Whomever was responsible for the planning and executing this product launch needs to be packing their office into a box and heading for the curb. If Google was a Japanese company, these losers would be gutting themselves out of shame.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi
    xhausted and Ben Kessler like this.

YEP same here... WITHIN 3 weeks. 16gb At least we know we will get them before the are available to the people who wasn't able to order....just to look on the bright side..

well that sucks. placed order 11:45am EST, ended up getting charged for two 16gb but was afraid to cancel one for this precise reason. i would've sold the second one at cost here on AC if i got both. now i'm getting none.

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

Me too. I fired back a nasty email explaining how unacceptable this is and reminded them they had already wronged me during the N7 fiasco.

I sincerely hope to see high profile firings at Google over this, akin to recent ones at Apple and Google.

PS... It's completely messed up that we're getting excited about being placated with free shipping that should have been free in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Well im stuck with this windows phone till then....

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

Ever being one to look for the silver lining, at least those whose devices are back orderd (including me) will probably have time to get their cases and screen protectors in time for the devices arrival.

As per Monty Python: "Always look on the bright side of life"

Just got off the phone with Google after 15min of waiting...So "Esteban" said "approx" 3 weeks *#&@ and they will refund the 2 day shipping cost once we get the phone just call and ask for it back, also the backlog has been randomized he said so fml right why did so many people want this phone!?!?!?! "(rhetorical I know haha) Google I hope you read these blogs because you got to get your together NOW! This is NOT funny people are depending on this phone like me, this will be my first high end android, I have always wanted this phone since the conception of the concept images. I have spent 384.80 on this phone I am 17 and have cleared out 90 percent of my checking account for this phone. I hope you are ashamed of yourself, because Google, the site that everyone searches on everyday billions of searches a day, the company that made 36.5 BILLION DOLLARS off of google ads alone last year cannot even get a handful of phones out. Really please be ashamed

Ben

What did everyones google play account and google wallet say before gettnig their back order email? And what did it say (if any change at all) after you received your email about the back order?

or getting THRASHED wit a bamboo stick!! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    Just got the email, too. Ordered at 12:47 pm EST after my initial attempt an hour earlier crashed and burned. While it's nice to not have to pay for shipping, this is going to leave a scar on Google's reputation for selling physical products through their online store. Whomever was responsible for the planning and executing this product launch needs to be packing their office into a box and heading for the curb. If Google was a Japanese company, these losers would be gutting themselves out of shame.

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

Quote Originally Posted by mlarco52 View Post
    What did everyones google play account and google wallet say before gettnig their back order email? And what did it say (if any change at all) after you received your email about the back order?
    Pending

Ben Kessler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Kessler View Post
    they will refund the 2 day shipping cost once we get the phone just call and ask for it back
    Wait, so we have to call in to get the shipping refunded? The email didn't say that.

so now i need to go out and rebuy my samsung galaxy nexus. i need a phone for at least 3 weeks.

i origianlly sold it on ebay for $150 because it had a cracked screen. i found one on craigslist for $200.

If I get this email I'm just gonna cancel my order and get my money back. They really need to do a set amount that they pre order then after those are done, if they have some left, make it first come.

Quote Originally Posted by mlarco52 View Post
    Shipping estimate: November 15th, 2012

Even after receiving the backorder email, it still says this. No change either to Google Plays order page or Google Wallet, so far.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast