Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

Quote Originally Posted by FBMeDotCo View Post
    And i m reading here on Android Central and on XDA, and the response is the same. People who ordered more then 1 phone are getting a back order - as far as it goes for the US.
    people who ordered 1 are getting the phones on time.

and refunding the shipping for that. I give a damn about the shipping. i will pay another 50$ just get my phones over here.
    NOPE! I only order one 16GB N4, no bumper and I got the backorderd email - even though it still says estimated shipping today in the Play Store.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

Quote Originally Posted by limdoug View Post
    I'm saying that they did estimate it and I think they did a pretty good job of it. Do you really think there's a company in the world that could estimate it so well that everyone gets what they want? That's impossible. I'm guessing they used the signup option as an input into their forecast. Even if they got the demand right, do you think they can just snap their fingers and everything would be made? It's not like LG is the biggest company in the world where they can make every single thing. I'm guessing they outsource supplies and that's another point of variation.

I guess I'm trying to say that if you don't have a supply chain background, it's easy to just assume that things should be perfect. Just trying to give a little perspective from a guy with supply chain experience.

World class organizations like Apple end up with backorders too.
    I understand that. So lets say they did get the demand right, but they didn't have the product to back the demand up, why would they leave the order option open past the product supply they have? ie. why take 10,000 orders when they have only 5,000 units? People were able to order all day, even as late as 6 PM. They did this on purpose.

Edit: Also, they didn't do a good job at estimating at all. A simple look at the people waiting for their devices vs the people who got their devices is a very, very huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by FBMeDotCo View Post
    Just finished talking to a Google Wallet customer rep. She was BSing me she didn't knew about the back orders. 5 minutes later she say her "manager" told her that Google guarantees the order to get in 3 week.

I guess she is new as a customer rep(CR), she had a mouth slip.
    CR: said that my order got backordered because i ordered few devices.
    ME: "excuse me?". How about sending me 1 device at a time?
    CR: We cannot send you 1 device at a time. you will have to wait until we ship the whole order.
    ME: What is the guarantee I will get my phone in 3 weeks? esp after i call the same day to make sure I am guarantee to get the phones in 5 days.
    CR: you might get your phones earlier then that. 3 weeks is max

And i m reading here on Android Central and on XDA, and the response is the same. People who ordered more then 1 phone are getting a back order - as far as it goes for the US.
    people who ordered 1 are getting the phones on time.

and refunding the shipping for that. I give a damn about the shipping. i will pay another 50$ just get my phones over here.
    I ordered only one phone and I am backordered.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by squadz View Post
    I understand that. So lets say they did get the demand right, but they didn't have the product to back the demand up, why would they leave the order option open past the product supply they have? ie. why take 10,000 orders when they have only 5,000 units? People were able to order all day, even as late as 6 PM. They did this on purpose.

Edit: Also, they didn't do a good job at estimating at all. A simple look at the people waiting for their devices vs the people who got their devices is a very, very huge difference.

I totally agree with you that they messed up the customer facing aspect of it. I said it in my original post.

The demand estimating part, I don't think you can say they were that off. Let's say they got 1 million orders, but forecasted 950k. That's a variance of only 5%. Are you saying that's bad?

All we see in the forums are the people who are angry. That's the way it usually works...angry people make noise. Happy people just lay low.

Quote Originally Posted by squadz View Post
    Yeah, cause you know, there definitely wasn't a signup option available on their page where they could gauge by the number of subscribers.

Google, the company that offers analytics, can't estimate the demand for a product?

People need to stop cutting Google slack on this one. There is simply no way a company of its caliber should have royally effed this launch up. No excuses, nothing.
    I agree. No mercy. This is the second major screw up in mere months. They did it differently this time and still failed. Sometimes being smart isn't enough and you have to know what you're doing too. Two failed launches says they don't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I ordered at 10:43 Central time and I have not gotten any back order email. At least not yet. Mine still says that it's set to ship today.

I totally agree with you that they messed up the customer facing aspect of it. I said it in my original post.

The demand estimating part, I don't think you can say they were that off. Let's say they got 1 million orders, but forecasted 950k. That's a variance of only 5%. Are you saying that's bad?

All we see in the forums are the people who are angry. That's the way it usually works...angry people make noise. Happy people just lay low.
    Sorry bro but whatever forecasting they did have was terribly inaccurate. The phone sold out in less than 20 minutes when the site was crashing so hard that it continued to accept orders for hours when there was no stock. They had to hard set the page to the current sold out to stop the flood of refreshers getting additional orders in that google couldn't cover.

When a product sells out in minutes in a national launch the forecasting was wholly inadequate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by toonhead85 View Post
    Really? Why would you complain that there isn't a backorder? That is odd to me
    because it gets you a unit when the next batch of shipment is ready for dispatch.
    when the next time it opens it will be all over like the way it happened two days ago and there is a great possibility that it will soldout again and you might miss it.

At least now I will get it in less than 3 weeks.

The site was crashing because all y'all had scripts pinging it every second on top of thousands of people hitting F5 in a dozen brower windows.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    I ordered at 10:43 Central time and I have not gotten any back order email. At least not yet. Mine still says that it's set to ship today.

11:52 Eastern. Radio silence. 16GB + Bumper.

The back orders take priority correct? So the next shipment basically goes to all the back orders and what is left over (if there is even any) will be sold through Play? So there is a slight possibility...that we have to wait until shipment three until a full stock launch again?

Carrier
    OEM

Ltes just
    Lets just say an EMPTY BARREL MAKES A LOT OF NOISE. My point is, with the NOTIFY ME sign on their web, if 100 thousand signed, couldn't have they just added 25% to cover the no signed up people? 100 thou is too small amount, only example.

Well guess ill wait til January's. When ever the next actual stock hits Google play I'm sure I won't be available how many free for alls will it take until we can actually order the dammed thing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    Ltes just
    Lets just say an EMPTY BARREL MAKES A LOT OF NOISE. My point is, with the NOTIFY ME sign on their web, if 100 thousand signed, couldn't have they just added 25% to cover the no signed up people? 100 thou is too small amount, only example.
    What if they did put 25%? Or what if they put 50%? Or 100% more? There's no way to know if they did or didn't do that. I'm just telling you guys, it's very very difficult to forecast for new item launches.

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

So you sold your 8gb on eBay? Have a nice life with that extra $20 you made after all that hard work.

And it's within 3 weeks, not 3 weeks. Chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm9007 View Post
    I ordered an 8GB at 12:05 EST and it will be delivered tomorrow.
    I ordered a 16GB at 2:03 EST and it is back ordered.

Damn, b/c my 8GB auction ends tonight and I'd rather just keep that one and cancel the 16GB instead. If it takes 3 weeks +, I'll have to grab another SIM card from T-Mobile and its just getting annoying, the way this whole process has shaken down for the Nexus 4.

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

Your intent originally was to get a Nexus 4, so if you're delayed due to circumstances unknown to you because you can't wait 1-3 weeks later. Stuff like this happens all the time, Apple, Samsung, etc.

Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    If I get this email I'm just gonna cancel my order and get my money back. They really need to do a set amount that they pre order then after those are done, if they have some left, make it first come.

Right, what I don't understand is a lot of people seem to expect Mcdonalds like fast food service. We live in a society of everything now. People don't realize there are a dozen people working on getting that one order for that one person while at the same time knowing they have to take care of several hundred orders for the rest of their work shift. I also feel bad for the Customer Service Reps putting up with whiney beggars wondering where their order is. And keeping in mind that the majority of these people are in their 30s or even older acting like they haven't grown up from their high school years.

And most probably never worked in a Customer oriented job.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Apple is still catching up with back-orders for the iPhone5 that were placed weeks ago, so.....

Quote Originally Posted by jimjamesjimmie View Post
    Your intent originally was to get a Nexus 4, so if you're delayed due to circumstances unknown to you because you can't wait 1-3 weeks later. Stuff like this happens all the time, Apple, Samsung, etc.

Get a life.
    Thanks for that life tip. Real mature. I don't expect the phone in two days but the lack of communication I've received from Google is kind of frustrating. Also the fact that people are receiving shipping information then being told that they are back ordered with some of the phones having yellow tinting posted on XDA. Sorry, I guess I expected to much from Google with this launch.

Here's my situation in case anyone cares:

Ordered two 8 gigs by accident. One got through at 11:42AM eastern. The other at 11:45.

I haven't received any emails and my wallet status still says pending. I have both as holds on my bank account.

How many others are still in this boat? It almost seems inevitable we will get backordered since it's taking this long.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default Re: 3 week till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside)

Quote Originally Posted by ploupe11 View Post
    For those in the US -what time did you place your order?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    2:21 PM eastern time

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Android 4.2.1

I'm very disappointed with extra 3 weeks of waiting. Why are they selling something what they don't have????? If I put an item on eBay and I tell the buyer right after the auction ends that they must wait 3 weeks for it, I would be given a negative feedback. I called them and they said "we apologize". Screw your apologies, give a $100 credit for your mess! If they can't even run an online store how can they make phones?? Huge disappointment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #147  

some good news for me after being disapointed in getting this email this morning at 4:42am (uk time) my phone went off with the email sound and woke me up i thought to myself stupid phone >< then looked at the email and to my surprise my order had been shipped!

well back to bed for me!

Does anyone know if these back orders are being fulfilled within the next 3 weeks with new shipments of phones, phones that Google didn't even know they had, or they have they phones just they are overwhelmed with orders so they need 3 weeks to sort it all out?

Default 'will NEXUS4 be sold out for more than 3 weeks

Many people get delay shipping for 3 weeks, does it means it be sold out for more than 3 weeks? I think many people many choose to buy other.

Sounds like they're just warning people it could take a while to catch up with the demand, not that they're shutting everything down for three weeks - one guy reported getting the backorder email and then a shipping email back to back!

And it stands to reason that there's a pipeline of products already manufactured and in transit to the US as we speak. They're not having to make them all from scratch overnight!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast