Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: UPDATED 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

I hope so, the whining has just about reached critical mass...

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    gone down south likes this.

Default Re: UPDATED 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

Here's a sobering thought...

What if they rush the production to meet the 3wk mark (and beyond) and we end up with shoddy product?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by theduder View Post
    Here's a sobering thought...

What if they rush the production to meet the 3wk mark (and beyond) and we end up with shoddy product?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    it's more likely this next shipment google sends out was ordered weeks in advance so i doubt there's a drop in quality

I am still waiting in Limbo as of this morning as to whether I am backorder or if it has shipped. I wish I could just know right now. I only ordered one 16GB at 9:33 AM MST
    Last edited by nateysmith; 11-16-2012 at 08:04 AM.

I got the within 3 weeks email also but my charge is still pending on the CC and the status on transactions in the play store hasn't changed from estimated ship on the 15th. Their system is all backed up. I'm not expecting much though since I ordered at 2:36 EST. I believe pending charges take a couple of days to drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by nateysmith View Post
    I am still waiting in Limbo as of this morning as to whether I am backorder or if it has shipped. I wish I could just know right now. I only ordered one 16GB at 9:33 AM MST
    I called Google Play store to find out more. After over a 30 minute hold, I got someone. She said if you have not received a backorder email then you should be getting a tracking number shortly. So for all those that have not received the backorder email, be patient. We will be getting our tracking emails shortly according to the Google Play store rep.

I'm not buying that the email system is backed up. These orders were placed 3 days ago. Yes, I mean Tuesday and it is now Friday. How could a company like Google not fix a web based service like email within hours? There's no way that they would let a problem like that linger for 3 days.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

Quote Originally Posted by smithy1983uk View Post
    some good news for me after being disapointed in getting this email this morning at 4:42am (uk time) my phone went off with the email sound and woke me up i thought to myself stupid phone >< then looked at the email and to my surprise my order had been shipped!

well back to bed for me!
    So you received the backorder email and then you received an email saying your phone was shipped? Did I understand that correctly? I assume they charged your card and did the play store data update? Just curious and congrats on your phone being shipped.

Default Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

Quote Originally Posted by ijonbrown View Post
    So you received the backorder email and then you received an email saying your phone was shipped? Did I understand that correctly? I assume they charged your card and did the play store data update? Just curious and congrats on your phone being shipped.
    seems like they sent out the 3 week delay email just to cover their *** with everyone. Right now my ship date still hasn't changed from the evening of the 16th yet I received a backorder email. Now they could have sent me it just because it was out of their 3-5 day window that we payed for. Only time will tell. Im hoping I come home from work to a tracking number
    Droid Incredible
    Rooted with Unrevoked 3.21
    S-Off
    Skyraider Vanilla Rom RC3
    KingxKernal #5/#5 Falling Up
    Linpack: 38.66
    Quadrant: 1710 <--- now thats incredible

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayr View Post
    seems like they sent out the 3 week delay email just to cover their *** with everyone. Right now my ship date still hasn't changed from the evening of the 16th yet I received a backorder email. Now they could have sent me it just because it was out of their 3-5 day window that we payed for. Only time will tell. Im hoping I come home from work to a tracking number
    mine still says delivery yesterday but I got the 3 week delay email, I think the delivery date means nothing at the moment.
    I have spoken to Google in the UK and they don't actually know when the stock is coming, 3 weeks is a complete guess at the moment.

Like some other people, I also got the back-order email but my order status on Google Play hasn't changed. It still shows an estimated ship date of Nov 15th (yesterday). I emailed support to ask if they could provide any additional information since I had 2 orders (11:53 AM & 1:13 PM EST) and I'm wondering if one or both are delayed. Also not sure if they'll delay shipment of my entire 1st order, including my 16GB N10, if my 16GB N4 and/or bumper aren't available to ship. That would be annoying since the 16GB N10 remained in stock for quite some time on Tuesday.

so yesterday i got the backorder notice, today i got an email from google that my phone have shipped!

Just called support again. The CSR was very friendly, but unfortunately he had pretty much no helpful information to give me. He said he was told to tell people that the back-order email may apply to all of your orders if you placed more than one on Tuesday, and he had no additional information regarding when these orders might ship, if my N10 would ship separately if my N4 is back-ordered, or anything else. He said they're doing everything they can to get all of their orders delivered within the 3 week timeframe. He also told me the Google Play order status information is pretty much useless at this point, which is what I figured since mine still shows an expected ship date of 11/15 even after receiving the back-order email yesterday.

The lack of information is really annoying, but there's not much the CSRs can do about it (please keep that in mind when/if you call them, and don't be a jerk). I guess now it's time to chill out and try to get as much Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 in as I can before I need to start studying for my upcoming exam.
    toonhead85 likes this.

So I wanted to add my own update - no, I'm not as lucky as the OP :P.

As of 9am EST Nov. 17th: My credit card has still been charged, I still have not gotten another email from Google after the backordered one, but interesting enough the shipping date is still "shipping estimate: November 15th, 2012".

I have read a few comments over a few forums and I am starting to thing that the email was a: CYA - CRITICAL MASS PURCHASE OVERLOAD. I'm not cutting Google slack, but I think they weren't prepared for the flood of nerds to buy this phone.
    nickacs likes this.

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

Same boat here. Shipping estimate in Play Store still says 15th but I got the backordered email. So who knows when this thing will ship.

This is weird...

Got the delayed 3 weeks email just liek you guys a couple of days ago...

Now I just checked my Google Wallet and my order now shows a date of (November 17)??

Thinking of calling Google...

Attachment 46979

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    This is weird...

Got the delayed 3 weeks email just liek you guys a couple of days ago...

Now I just checked my Google Wallet and my order now shows a date of (November 17)??

Thinking of calling Google...

Attachment 46979
    Mine is showing the same thing. Seems to have happened to at least a few people. I doubt calling Google will make much of a difference though. I'm going to try to leave them alone until Wednesday if I haven't heard anything by then. I would like to think that more than a week after the orders were placed, they should be able to give us an estimated shipping date.

I was one of those in limbo, no tracking number or backordered e-mail, until I took advice from a member on here and tried to check the UPS site by tracking my package by reference in the tracking section. Sure enough, there it was! Just type Google in the reference box, your zip code, and country. Mine shows in transit and scheduled to deliver on Tuesday before the end of the day. Just like everyone says, Google was slammed with orders and UPS is not sending them back tracking info fast enough. Hope it works for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pajarillo View Post
    I was one of those in limbo, no tracking number or backordered e-mail, until I took advice from a member on here and tried to check the UPS site by tracking my package by reference in the tracking section. Sure enough, there it was! Just type Google in the reference box, your zip code, and country. Mine shows in transit and scheduled to deliver on Tuesday before the end of the day. Just like everyone says, Google was slammed with orders and UPS is not sending them back tracking info fast enough. Hope it works for everyone.
    How do you know it is your order and not someone else in your zip code? Also, for the "Shipment Reference" all you entered was "Google" ? This makes no sense, it should be a number.
    bilago likes this.

I signed up to their My choice UPS service and filled out my info (name,address,etc) it then showed what packages are headed to my address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus4 View Post
    How do you know it is your order and not someone else in your zip code? Also, for the "Shipment Reference" all you entered was "Google" ? This makes no sense, it should be a number.

I signed up to their MyUps service and filled out my info (name,address,etc) it then showed what packages are headed to my address.
    Can you take a screenshot of how you fill out the form?

Go to the UPS site and click on MY UPS and register as a new user.
    Can you take a screenshot of how you fill out the form?

You can track all the packages that went to your zip code with a given text string in the reference field.
    Thanked by:

Go to the UPS site and click on MY UPS and register as a new user.
    I know how to do UPS MyChoice (which doesnt work for me as I recently moved). I was talking about how you track it using the reference of "Google".

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    You can track all the packages that went to your zip code with a given text string in the reference field.
    Can you give me a sample zip code I can use to see what you're talking about? I tried some big ones in New York and all the local ones I know and none worked.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast