UPDATED 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

Just got the email, too. Ordered at 12:47 pm EST after my initial attempt an hour earlier crashed and burned. While it's nice to not have to pay for shipping, this is going to leave a scar on Google's reputation for selling physical products through their online store. Whomever was responsible for the planning and executing this product launch needs to be packing their office into a box and heading for the curb. If Google was a Japanese company, these losers would be gutting themselves out of shame.

xhausted

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

YEP same here... WITHIN 3 weeks. 16gb At least we know we will get them before the are available to the people who wasn't able to order....just to look on the bright side..;)

eddiesmiles

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

well that sucks. placed order 11:45am EST, ended up getting charged for two 16gb but was afraid to cancel one for this precise reason. i would've sold the second one at cost here on AC if i got both. now i'm getting none.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

Me too. I fired back a nasty email explaining how unacceptable this is and reminded them they had already wronged me during the N7 fiasco.

I sincerely hope to see high profile firings at Google over this, akin to recent ones at Apple and Google.

PS... It's completely messed up that we're getting excited about being placated with free shipping that should have been free in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

woodbane

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Ever being one to look for the silver lining, at least those whose devices are back orderd (including me) will probably have time to get their cases and screen protectors in time for the devices arrival.

As per Monty Python: "Always look on the bright side of life" :)

Ben Kessler

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Just got off the phone with Google after 15min of waiting...So "Esteban" said "approx" 3 weeks *#&@ and they will refund the 2 day shipping cost once we get the phone just call and ask for it back, also the backlog has been randomized he said so fml right why did so many people want this phone!?!?!?! "(rhetorical I know haha) Google I hope you read these blogs because you got to get your together NOW! This is NOT funny people are depending on this phone like me, this will be my first high end android, I have always wanted this phone since the conception of the concept images. I have spent 384.80 on this phone I am 17 and have cleared out 90 percent of my checking account for this phone. I hope you are ashamed of yourself, because Google, the site that everyone searches on everyday billions of searches a day, the company that made 36.5 BILLION DOLLARS off of google ads alone last year cannot even get a handful of phones out. Really please be ashamed

Ben

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

What did everyones google play account and google wallet say before gettnig their back order email? And what did it say (if any change at all) after you received your email about the back order?

xhausted

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

or getting THRASHED wit a bamboo stick!! LMAO!

Just got the email, too. Ordered at 12:47 pm EST after my initial attempt an hour earlier crashed and burned. While it's nice to not have to pay for shipping, this is going to leave a scar on Google's reputation for selling physical products through their online store. Whomever was responsible for the planning and executing this product launch needs to be packing their office into a box and heading for the curb. If Google was a Japanese company, these losers would be gutting themselves out of shame.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

What did everyones google play account and google wallet say before gettnig their back order email? And what did it say (if any change at all) after you received your email about the back order?

Pending

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site

they will refund the 2 day shipping cost once we get the phone just call and ask for it back

Wait, so we have to call in to get the shipping refunded? The email didn't say that.

runningman3433

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

so now i need to go out and rebuy my samsung galaxy nexus. i need a phone for at least 3 weeks.

i origianlly sold it on ebay for $150 because it had a cracked screen. i found one on craigslist for $200.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

If I get this email I'm just gonna cancel my order and get my money back. They really need to do a set amount that they pre order then after those are done, if they have some left, make it first come.

jajohns

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Shipping estimate: November 15th, 2012

Even after receiving the backorder email, it still says this. No change either to Google Plays order page or Google Wallet, so far.

Ben Kessler

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

same i am calling now to see what that means
Shipping estimate: November 15th, 2012

Even after receiving the backorder email, it still says this. No change either to Google Plays order page or Google Wallet, so far.

mims7

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

For google play its says "complete" and as for wallet says "pending" .... No changes since I order and received the back order email ..I kinda knew I'm in the back order list since I didn't get a est shipping date on google play....

Andy Duchesne

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

I have not recieved the email yet, my order was done 12 minutes after they became available...I email support today and I recieved this email back from them

Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15.

Upon receiving your shipping confirmation email, you'll be given a tracking number that will assist you in determining your package's estimated delivery date. Please note that it might take up to 24 hours before the tracking number returns any information.

Ben Kessler

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

GUYS HERE IS THE LOWDOWN!
Ok I just got off the phone with one of the supervisors of CSR, who has also ordered a NEXUS 4 and is VERY bummed out too about this email. Ok the orders ARE being shipped out as they were ordered. EARLIER first. "Nicole" told me that they were told to say 3 weeks as a guesstimate because Google is trying to mass send sections of orders out. What she told to imagine is that the shipping process is a cube right? So they cut it up in to bits and send sections of orders out by earliest order time. So here is the story she says that all ordered phones hopefully are completely out by 3 weeks tops. I hope Nicole is right because she did sound angry and sad, also saying how she was one of the many disappointed on how google handled this situation.
Ben

FBMeDotCo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Just finished talking to a Google Wallet customer rep. She was BSing me she didn't knew about the back orders. 5 minutes later she say her "manager" told her that Google guarantees the order to get in 3 week.

I guess she is new as a customer rep(CR), she had a mouth slip.
CR: said that my order got backordered because i ordered few devices.
ME: "excuse me?". How about sending me 1 device at a time?
CR: We cannot send you 1 device at a time. you will have to wait until we ship the whole order.
ME: What is the guarantee I will get my phone in 3 weeks? esp after i call the same day to make sure I am guarantee to get the phones in 5 days.
CR: you might get your phones earlier then that. 3 weeks is max

And i m reading here on Android Central and on XDA, and the response is the same. People who ordered more then 1 phone are getting a back order - as far as it goes for the US.
people who ordered 1 are getting the phones on time.

and refunding the shipping for that. I give a damn about the shipping. i will pay another 50$ just get my phones over here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm