UPDATED 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

at least people get back their shipping cost. that's a bonus. people complained about not having a backorder. now when they get it they complain again.

btw, I am back ordered too.

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

people complained about not having a backorder. now when they get it they complain again.

Really? Why would you complain that there isn't a backorder? That is odd to me

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site

Another backorder here in boston. didn't get my order 'in' until 4pm-ish EST.. bummer. and to think I was contemplating the odds of delivery being friday or monday, haha.

EnderTheThird

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

I have an order placed for a 16GB N4 and 16GB N10 at 11:53 EST and another 8GB N4 at 1:13 EST. I called google to see if they could tell me which order is delayed, but the CSR didn't know. He said everything that is going to ship out in the first batch will be shipped out by tonight, so just check back tomorrow morning. I guess I'll find out then.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

Got the backorder email here too....ordered ~3:30 eastern in North Carolina. Really Google, how many of these things did you have on hand to sell? I'm thinking like 1000. This launch just boggles the mind. On the plus side, free shipping!! We should petition that they throw in a bumper case for free when it finally ships in 3 weeks.

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I got the same email but ill just cancel mine. Its no problem I'll just get it when its available again. In the meantime I'll be enjoying my nexus 7 even more

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Got the backorder email here too....ordered ~3:30 eastern in North Carolina. Really Google, how many of these things did you have on hand to sell? I'm thinking like 1000. This launch just boggles the mind. On the plus side, free shipping!! We should petition that they throw in a bumper case for free when it finally ships in 3 weeks.
I would prefer a free wireless charger ;) ...bumper is cheap! lol

xhausted

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

They will be returning the shipping to the charged bank account. I spoke with the rep right after i received the back order email. A free bumper case would be nice! lol (dreaming)
To everyone who is saying Google should have done this or done that, you need to remember:

We are buying a phone, that for all intents and purposes, should cost over $500. Google is selling it for $299 and contract free. At that rate, everyone and their mother will buy one, and you can bet you buns that some of the units purchased will end up on eBay - Think back to the PS3 launch deal.

The thing that gets me, though I wouldn't change it - because I know I have paid and everything, is that I have already been charged for the entire order I placed. Thats the Bumper and the N4 (8GB). It kills me that 2 hours ago when I got up I was expecting Shipping info, I instead got this email with the dreaded "We?ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges."

How will my shipping charges be credited? Google Play Credit? A refund? How can I go from delivery in 3-5 business days to back ordered to expected to ship within 3 weeks?

Google, you have my money. Keep it and make my order right... Please!

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Ordered mine @ 11:46 EST

Haven't received a back order email or a shipping email. I'm sitting in limbo. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Order Date: November 13, 2012 8:37:23 AM UTC-8

No backorder e-mail but also no shipping info. I hope this comes through, my One X auction ends in about an hour. I really don't want to rock my wife's old pink Pantech slider.

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Ordered mine @ 11:46 EST

Haven't received a back order email or a shipping email. I'm sitting in limbo. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

ordered mine 11:35am EST on 11/13 and still waiting on email of either shipping or delay. I'm in Northeast, NJ.
Credit Card charge is pending, Google Wallet is Pending and Google Play says shipping estimate: 11/15.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

This is definitely not true. Ordered at 11:49 EST and received the backorder email.

I ordered at 11:38AM EST so this has me worried. It's hard to believe that 11 minutes makes that big of a difference. I'm just waiting and wondering what's going to happen.

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

How will my shipping charges be credited? Google Play Credit? A refund? How can I go from delivery in 3-5 business days to back ordered to expected to ship within 3 weeks?
Yes. Personally, I'm happy to have one ordered even if it does happen to ship later. However, the one thing I do wish is that Google would communicate details more clearly. Ambiguity is not something I like in transactions.

Is anyone's wallet or play account updated since receiving the email?

ccleanerfan

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Would it say in the google play account if it's backordered??? I didn't get an email and I hope I don't get one...

barbarianthemadserb

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Yes. Personally, I'm happy to have one ordered even if it does happen to ship later. However, the one thing I do wish is that Google would communicate details more clearly. Ambiguity is not something I like in transactions.

Mine has not been updated yet as of 5.10 pm EST

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Mine still says complete : /
Never did say back ordered
"Supervisor" on phone says it says back ordered on there end and not sure why it doesn't on my end
Great job Google

Weishaupt

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Damn it. The problem I see with all that is, that there are less devices to buy in the second batch. I think I'll have to give it three month till I can buy a N4 with no hassel. That is sad. But you really can't blame anyone for this. Wish I could just backorder a N4.

Cheers.

PS: I hope all the people selling their devices on Craigslist and eBay get theirs backorderd, so they will piss off potential buyers and still have to pay eBay for listing it.

meringues

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

They still sending out backorder e-mails?

Radio silence here. Nothing from Google, nothing from UPS, 11/15 expected date...

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

A**holes..... they just sent me an email that i need to wait 3 more weeks..... bunch of liers.... when i was placing the order it said 3-5 days...... Google is crap...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums