BackOrder Information and Speculation + Poll

Was your Nexus 4 order shipped or backordered?

• Total voters

jbmeicher

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Was your Nexus 4 shipped or Backordered?

call them and get your status, it's that simple

i called the play store support line and they said that my order is between pending and shipping? i asked specifically if it was backordered and he said no. wtf

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

The people in limbo shouldn't count because it's not that hard to pick up a phone and ask. What's the point in waiting for an email if your curious? Screw the limbos!

If you call customer service odds are you'll get a canned response. They don't have any more detailed info that the website in most cases.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Back-ordered if it doesn't ship by Saturday

So, I called in cause I haven't received any information for my order being shipped out and my estimated time was Nov.15th so I decided to call and check. The guy said it hasn't shipped out yet and if it doesn't ship by Saturday then my order will be put on back-order. So its pretty random, I placed my order about 3 minutes after it went live and it hasn't been shipped so best of luck to everyone else and congrats to the people that have it already shipped.

Just thought I'd let everyone know in case you hadn't heard this.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

If you call customer service odds are you'll get a canned response. They don't have any more detailed info that the website in most cases.

Hmm when I called they were showing backordered on there end...while from my comp the order says complete under status
I give up ha!
I'll just be hunting down a nice case and quality screen protectors in the meantime

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Shipped.
Watching all the crying will be delicious on the beautiful screen.
You are a cruel evil one, could you also watch us create voodoo dolls while we wait? actually I think that would make us evil... might have to settle for were all evil?

This has nothing to do what he's asking : /

Backordered here too...won't be canceling though because at least I know I'll get it when they get more. Unlike others that have to keep checking the Play Store. What I don't understand is how Google didn't have enough to go for the first day. It's there flagship Nexus device that comes out once a year no? Jeez Apple sold 3 mil over a weekend. I bet Google only had a quarter of that many. At least it gives me some time to track down some quality screen protectors and cases!
Agreed, it would beat refreshing the page every 15 minutes like i am doing. The joys of finishing school and waiting for schoolies. It does seam a little odd they couldn't have enough for the first day, like anyone would think to make bulk of their flag ship phone particularly of a cheap mobile... like it would be a given when their tablets sold out prior. Hopefully heaps of people who ordered bulk cancel a few hehe.

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Got the dreaded backordered email this afternoon.

I really wanted this phone so I'll wait.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google BackOrders Nexus 4

Yes it is upsetting they ran out of stock, Yes they are a big company, but they are doing their best to comfort... hey if i managed to snag one i would love to save $20 on shipping!
So guys lets not start a witch hunt now, because if you hold them under water there is a chance their human and might not come back up.

applesmcgrind

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Apparently Everyone Is Backordered

I just got off the phone with Google support and the agent told me that everyone is back ordered. They were told a few hours ago and that if you haven't received a email yet, like myself, you would. He said the reasoning was to verify, one by one, that people ordered the amount of devices they specified. Some people ordered 5 when they only wanted 1 or 2 etc. Apparently you could still get a tracking number but have the package not ship for another couple days or weeks. This was a completely different answer than the one another agent told me around noon today, which was my package was green lighted and I would receive tracking info later today. All these contradicting statements by agents are starting to piss me off.

qreepii

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Did you know that the navigation system UPS has developed mathematically found that going out of the way to make right turns is actually faster. So much non average that they replace front right tires twice as often as the left? Useful trivia for you guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

The people in limbo shouldn't count because it's not that hard to pick up a phone and ask. What's the point in waiting for an email if your curious? Screw the limbos!

I'm in limbo as far as the one ordered on the play store (I bought on from Tmobile as well), when I call tho the people answering have no clue. The last guy I talked to literally said I have no idea but I'm encouraged because you still haven't gotten the "Sorry" email and he was told those had all been sent to anyone affected.

Shipped.
Watching all the crying will be delicious on the beautiful screen.
Torn between thinking this is harsh and LOL! ;)

my order is still pending? anyone else in the same boat? and if so hopefully it isn't sinking
Same here.

Where is the option for, I don't f***ing know because of high demand even though I ordered 2 minutes after the store opened up but still haven't received my shipping information.
Same here.

mine says pending too and that doesn't mean squat apparently
on googles end, it says backordered call them and get your status, it's that simple
Except it's not, I've called twice and both times basically got the same answer which was I don't know.

Amen, I called twice and neither one had any info I didn't have myself which was, I can see your order with an estimated ship date of the 15th but couldn't tell you what is going on with it.

kobastal

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

They're likely fulfilling orders based on block-stowage, ie they group product for certain zip codes together such that they can construct a whole pallets that will move intact all the way onto the final delivery vehicle, then physically put those pallets together and move them out based on receiving times for specific outbound UPS flights.

It may look random, but there's science behind it.
If Google would come out and say that it would be one thing. But, they won't because it just illustrates the problem that the problem is being handled with their convenience in mind. They need to realize they messed up (see the myriad ways above) and do things from a perspective of what would be fair to the consumer given the problems created by Google. . Otherwise they risk alienating people like myself, who are still fans of Google.

I don't mean to just complain that I am not getting my shiny new toy right now, more to voice my complaints as a consumer. If I was told that my order was rejected because others were first, I would accept that. That is not what is happening here, however. People will remember this treatment though, and eventually they will get enough bad blood that it will start turning them away from their products in general. People get over disappointments a lot faster if they think they are being treated fairly and that the company is not just assuming they will accept it.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apparently Everyone Is Backordered

LMAO, it's so funny how everyone here is getting the run around... "Oh yes sir, your order is fine, expect a tracking# anytime today".. "Sorry, your item has been backordered", etc etc

I just off the phone with Google literally 30secs ago and the guy said "I can't tell if your order is ok or going to be backordered. You'll just have to wait and see if you get any email by tomorrow.". FU...

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

maybe if there is only 1 registered they are mailing it but with multiples holding it off to find out?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

I have to assume that the people with tracking numbers that show the devices half way to their houses aren't backordered ;) .

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

the only ones who really know what's going on are those with an actual tracking number, everyone else is on hold. Not good Google!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac