BackOrder Information and Speculation + Poll

Was your Nexus 4 order shipped or backordered?

• Total voters

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apparently Everyone Is Backordered

Google sucks a dick as a retail store.

Agreed.

My order is in Google Limbo. No shipping info yet no backorder email.

I ordered @ 11:46 EST one simple Nexus 4, no bumper, no duplicate orders yet people AFTER me have theirs shipped and some even getting it tomorrow!

Google can go suck a d***!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

So UPS tracking says this now:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Friday, 11/16/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Monday, 11/19/2012, By End of Day

Last Location:
Arrived - Indianapolis, IN, United States, Thursday, 11/15/2012

I hope I'm not back-order like everyone else is. :-\

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

So UPS tracking says this now:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Friday, 11/16/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Monday, 11/19/2012, By End of Day

Last Location:
Arrived - Indianapolis, IN, United States, Thursday, 11/15/2012

I hope I'm not back-order like everyone else is. :-\

You have a early delivery for Fri and you hope your not on backorder? I can internet slap you right now lol

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
No backorder email + no shippind date

Anyone else in my boat as of now? I ordered a N10 the same day and it was shipped out last night. My 2 nexi 4 are still listed as expected delivery Nov 15. I ordered at 11:34.

Update:
Just spoke to rep, take this with a grain of salt as apparently different reps have said different things but they are being instructed to tell everyone who has NOT recieved an email that their device is on backorder or a email about shipping, then their device is NOT on backorder and is still expected to ship.

Hope this helps everyone who may be in my boat!

ibike63

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: No backorder email + no shippind date

Yes, I am in the same boat. I just got off the phone with the Google Play support people and they assured me that I should be getting a shipping email with tracking number within the next few days. He assured me that all the back order emails went out this morning, so if I didn't get one - then I'm not back ordered. I just want to get the shipping confirm email!

applesmcgrind

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I called a hour ago and the rep told me everyone, email or not, was on back order. I told him at least 5 time that I had not received a back order email but he refused to listen and said I, and everyone else who ordered a phone, was. :/ I guess Ill find out tomorrow if I get one. Still no back order email or tracking email. I'm taking anything a rep says with a grain of salt.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I am in the same boat. I just got off the phone with the Google Play support people and they assured me that I should be getting a shipping email with tracking number within the next few days. He assured me that all the back order emails went out this morning, so if I didn't get one - then I'm not back ordered. I just want to get the shipping confirm email!

Me and you both brother lol but at least those in our shoes can slightly rest assured, although I wont be completely reassured until the phone is in my hands lol

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I ordered a 8GB and a 16GB and the 8GB says "Pre-ordered" since I bought it, yet the money is pending transaction on my debit card. The 16GB shows est. ship date 11/15 and no money pending on my other credit card. I received one e-mail stating my order for a Nexus 4 was on back-order...didn't say both or which one or an order number. I called and the CSR couldn't tell me which was on back order or not. All he said was that if I don't get a tracking # by Friday evening, that I can assume it's on backorder. -_-

I was so psyched for the release of this phone and now I'm just depressed at how terrible Google Play is. No release time on 11/13, servers crashing during ordering, multiple unwanted orders, too limited of stock, no shipping details, slow shipping processing and now...backordered. What a joke. Just make more or sell them in brick n mortar stores on release day. I ordered something on Amazon last night and it already shipped this morning, that's how it should be. Take notes, Google. I'm always tempted to just go buy a Galaxy Nexus while I wait so that I can use Straight Talk.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Just received an email from Google, they state that due to an Overwhelming Demand my device has been put on backorder and will now expected to be shipped in 3 weeks or more.

Can anyone say Epic Failure?

I can't believe that anyone thought otherwise, that they would ship out on time. I would hope that anyone that went through the nexus 7 fiasco was probably smart enough not to pre order from Google again. This is exactly why I'm waiting a few months to order this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

You have a early delivery for Fri and you hope your not on backorder? I can internet slap you right now lol

I was just being sarcastic, before the threads got merged, the title was something about everyone being backordered and the OP even said that Google has said everyone was backordered. I'm obvioulsy not, unless Google just stops my shipment and has UPS send it back to Kentucky, which honestly wouldn't surprise me all that much. lol

Trashville

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

has anyone mentioned that this poll will be skewed since someone who got a tracking number won't be looking through forums for information on what's going on with their phone? because that's what i'm doing now.

sidroid

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone who recieved the backorder email have the estimated shipping time change in play store account?
Mine still says 15th, while it is very nearly the end of day...

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
They're likely fulfilling orders based on block-stowage, ie they group product for certain zip codes together such that they can construct a whole pallets that will move intact all the way onto the final delivery vehicle, then physically put those pallets together and move them out based on receiving times for specific outbound UPS flights.

It may look random, but there's science behind it.

Science that's blind to customer experience and quite frankly is exacerbating an already bad situation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not trying to add fuel to the fire to Nexus 4 back order issue but I have few thoughts.

Not trying to add fuel to the fire to Nexus 4 back order issue but I have few thoughts.

1. Back orders will take up to three weeks now but I don't see the Play Store not restocking Nexus 4 at least once. When they do those able to buy the Nexus 4 depending on when Google restocks the play store may get their Nexus 4 sooner then those on back order.

2. Will the back orders delay Google to restock the the play store because they are sending out that stock to back order customers?

3. If they restock the Nexus 4 again will they run into the same problems they have now?

In end it seems their will be fare more issues with the Play Store.

Unfortunately no one here can answer any of those questions.

To answer them logically:

1. The Three Week's is an overstatement. It's better to over quote a wait then to under quote a wait. Google would be fawking crazy to open the play store before they ship out the back-ordered devices.

2. Google should have the common sense to make a HUGE order of N4's. If that happens, I can't see the back-orders delaying the store much more than a few days until they catch up.

3. If they don't put a phone limit to 2, and don't stock up enough devices again, then yes they could repeat November 13th all over again.

Regardless, my answers are pure speculation, as any answer on here will be.

snaqvi91

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
For those waiting for the 4.2 update I really recommend doing it on your own by downloading the update through AOSP or whatever its called. At first I was a little scared to do it but its actually quite simple and kinda fun really.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Agreed.

My order is in Google Limbo. No shipping info yet no backorder email.

I ordered @ 11:46 EST one simple Nexus 4, no bumper, no duplicate orders yet people AFTER me have theirs shipped and some even getting it tomorrow!

Google can go suck a d***!

Sent from my Nexus 7

So polite.

People like you truly deserve the best customer service.

socaltyger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone got back ordered BUT....!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your happy with your current phone sure don't order it, if not order it... however the more cancels the faster i get one hehehe.

You wouldn't be in the front of the line. Actually, there is no line... just a mess outside the door. For all we know, all the backordered people will be jammed with new existing orders soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance