As others have, I also have received "the email" stating that I will receive my phone within 3 weeks. My concern is that with such a high demand that it seems like Google wasn't ready for. Do you think build quality will be sacrificed to meet the high demand? I don't mind that I have to wait 3 weeks for my phone, its just a phone. What does concern me is if the phones build quality is sacrificed just to crank out a few more phones off the line per day?
    11-15-2012 03:26 PM
    As others have, I also have received "the email" stating that I will receive my phone within 3 weeks. My concern is that with such a high demand that it seems like Google wasn't ready for. Do you think build quality will be sacrificed to meet the high demand? I don't mind that I have to wait 3 weeks for my phone, its just a phone. What does concern me is if the phones build quality is sacrificed just to crank out a few more phones off the line per day?
    Nope, you'll just wait for it longer.
    11-15-2012 03:28 PM
    I'm not sure you understand how an electronics manufacturing line works.
    11-15-2012 03:32 PM
    We'll do better than the 6 week people...theirs will be made from cardboard.
    11-15-2012 03:56 PM
    No.
    11-15-2012 04:07 PM
    Well I don't understand how electronics manufacturing works and that's why I ask but I like what I hear. I buy toys and play with them. I don't try to understand how they are produced. I just enjoy. What made me think of this was what I know with auto manufacturing. I know phones & electronics are a FAR comparison to vehicles but its still manufacturing. Alright moderator this is a pointless thread, please delete! Sorry guys!
    11-15-2012 04:27 PM
    Same quality buddy. Its not a stupid question don't worry,
    11-15-2012 06:00 PM
    I would imagine that the next shipment is already in transit on a ship and was made weeks ago.
    gone down south likes this.
    11-15-2012 06:14 PM
    We'll do better than the 6 week people...theirs will be made from cardboard.
    What about the 9 week people...theirs will just be a flimsy piece of paper.
    11-15-2012 06:16 PM
    They're just going to keep making the same device... Seriously, Google isn't going to ship inferior products just because there was a sellout of their original stock. That would just create more headaches for them later.
    11-15-2012 06:38 PM