Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jkitson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you think quality will be sacrificed??

As others have, I also have received "the email" stating that I will receive my phone within 3 weeks. My concern is that with such a high demand that it seems like Google wasn't ready for. Do you think build quality will be sacrificed to meet the high demand? I don't mind that I have to wait 3 weeks for my phone, its just a phone. What does concern me is if the phones build quality is sacrificed just to crank out a few more phones off the line per day?
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Do you think quality will be sacrificed??

Quote Originally Posted by SoIllGreenAlien View Post
    As others have, I also have received "the email" stating that I will receive my phone within 3 weeks. My concern is that with such a high demand that it seems like Google wasn't ready for. Do you think build quality will be sacrificed to meet the high demand? I don't mind that I have to wait 3 weeks for my phone, its just a phone. What does concern me is if the phones build quality is sacrificed just to crank out a few more phones off the line per day?
    Nope, you'll just wait for it longer.

I'm not sure you understand how an electronics manufacturing line works.

We'll do better than the 6 week people...theirs will be made from cardboard.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

No.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well I don't understand how electronics manufacturing works and that's why I ask but I like what I hear. I buy toys and play with them. I don't try to understand how they are produced. I just enjoy. What made me think of this was what I know with auto manufacturing. I know phones & electronics are a FAR comparison to vehicles but its still manufacturing. Alright moderator this is a pointless thread, please delete! Sorry guys!

Same quality buddy. Its not a stupid question don't worry,

I would imagine that the next shipment is already in transit on a ship and was made weeks ago.
    gone down south likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMaDo View Post
    We'll do better than the 6 week people...theirs will be made from cardboard.
    What about the 9 week people...theirs will just be a flimsy piece of paper.

They're just going to keep making the same device... Seriously, Google isn't going to ship inferior products just because there was a sellout of their original stock. That would just create more headaches for them later.