Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Other Options?

I cancelled my order. I dont want to wait 3 weeks, I will just get another phone cuz im using a super crappy Nokia right now and the N4 was gonna be the replacement. I saw the Droid DNA but its only for Verizon...ugh, so I guess I will just be looking at other phones. I just want to know if you guys will stick with your current phone or get another phone on the market?

Default Re: Other Options?

All this backorder crap has really burnt my interest for the Nexus 4 out. Google is back-ordered, T-Mobile is back-ordered, and there doesn't seem to be a viable option except to wait. I'm in no rush to buy a phone because my only reason to buy the Nexus 4 is that it''ll work when I head to Korea in February. My other option is the Lumia 920 but with quallity issues popping up everywhere, buying it unlocked is not an option either. I will wait about a month and see how things pan out with the Nexus 4. I'm heavily invested in Google for work so there is a good chance I will bite the bullet and order a Nexus 4 when it becomes available.

Most likely wait till i can place an order for the nexus.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just need a new phone, I have so much of my school work on Dropbox and other cloud services, I need a smart phone to use...unfortunately the Nokia just isnt cutting it. So I might get the S3, Tmo is having a sale on 16th and 17th soooo...seems like a good option at the moment.

Thats not too bad to choose. If you really want the Nexus still, just buy a cheap smart phone in the mean while.. I hope it works out for you.
    Tom Fairclough
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Thats not too bad to choose. If you really want the Nexus still, just buy a cheap smart phone in the mean while.. I hope it works out for you.
    I do like the N4, but I dont think its worth the 3 week wait. Thanks, I hope it works out too!

Yeah, 3 weeks its a bit** I guess i dont mind as i am phoneless. I might find a brick to use while i am on schoolies. Probably best as phones get stolen there.
    Tom Fairclough
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

All my phones have a self destruct chip installed if anybody other than myself tries to use it...its not pretty.

Three weeks <> eternity.

Global Posts
    889 Global Posts

Just wait it out. Google may come back with a better deal for the holiday season. What if they drop the prices of the phones by $50 just for the holiday season? You are going to regret not waiting!

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

Yea, this is now totally f-ed up... I'm leaving next week to drive 10hrs each way for Thanksgiving and figured this would be the best time to try out the TMobile prepaid plan all up/down I-85 and through about 5 states. Granted my family and I are around town 90% of the year, this was the perfect opportunity to report my trip with the phone and how everything goes to see if I stick with TMobile or jump to ST/Solavei for AT&T.
    Oh wells, Google f-ed that idea up.. If all went well, I would be getting my phone tomorrow or Monday latest in time for my trip, but as of now it's still 'Pending'. Uggg... Should've just went to TMobile store and paid the extra $150...Would've been soooo worth it.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    Just wait it out. Google may come back with a better deal for the holiday season. What if they drop the prices of the phones by $50 just for the holiday season? You are going to regret not waiting!
    Trust me i won't regret it. There will be better phones later on new phones come out all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Yea, this is now totally f-ed up... I'm leaving next week to drive 10hrs each way for Thanksgiving and figured this would be the best time to try out the TMobile prepaid plan all up/down I-85 and through about 5 states. Granted my family and I are around town 90% of the year, this was the perfect opportunity to report my trip with the phone and how everything goes to see if I stick with TMobile or jump to ST/Solavei for AT&T.
    Oh wells, Google f-ed that idea up.. If all went well, I would be getting my phone tomorrow or Monday latest in time for my trip, but as of now it's still 'Pending'. Uggg... Should've just went to TMobile store and paid the extra $150...Would've been soooo worth it.
    We had a similar plan I was going to drive up north and test out the new phone but I guess things won't go exactly as planned. Oh well. On to the next one