Has anyone in Canada received a Nexus 4 Shipping confirmation

jkitson

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I haven?t heard of anyone in Canada getting a shipping confirmation, so I?m really curious if the batch of phones destined for Canada was redirected or something?

When I spoke to the Play store yesterday, they said that the phones were hug up in customs, so hopefully that is true and we may see the phones earlier than 3 weeks. I knew things were going bad when my status changes from ?pending? to ?preordered?.

Actually, I knew things were going to be bad when I ordered hardware from Google to begin with.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven?t heard of anyone in Canada getting a shipping confirmation, so I?m really curious if the batch of phones destined for Canada was redirected or something?

When I spoke to the Play store yesterday, they said that the phones were hug up in customs, so hopefully that is true and we may see the phones earlier than 3 weeks. I knew things were going bad when my status changes from ?pending? to ?preordered?.

Actually, I knew things were going to be bad when I ordered hardware from Google to begin with.

One guy in another thread said he did. He ordered at 11:36 PM EST apparently.

InfinitiGuy

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
My status hasn't changed since I placed my order.

Nov 13
Google Canada Corp. received your order.

Nov 13
You placed an order with Google Canada Corp. on Nov 13. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.ca

smiff_beats

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Toronto. I ordered a 8GB around 11:24AM EST on Tuesday Nov 13th. My Google Wallet still says "pending" and my status in Google Play still says...

Nexus 4 (8GB)
DEVICES
November 13, 2012
Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012

However, I just called Google Play support and the CSR said that the "Pending" state is also known as "Backordered" and will take up to 3 weeks to get to me but there is still a 50/50 chance my device will ship tomorrow.

I was a big time Blackberry guy and recently decided to jump into the world of Android with the Nexus 4 but my first experience with Google has been horrible. This is very frustrating as that CSR basically told me that she had no idea what will happen with my order.

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Toronto. I ordered a 8GB around 11:24AM EST on Tuesday Nov 13th. My Google Wallet still says "pending" and my status in Google Play still says...

Nexus 4 (8GB)
DEVICES
November 13, 2012
Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012

However, I just called Google Play support and the CSR said that the "Pending" state is also known as "Backordered" and will take up to 3 weeks to get to me but there is still a 50/50 chance my device will ship tomorrow.

I was a big time Blackberry guy and recently decided to jump into the world of Android with the Nexus 4 but my first experience with Google has been horrible. This is very frustrating as that CSR basically told me that she had no idea what will happen with my order.

Google dropped a ball of PR crap onto their company with this release.

smiff_beats

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
She also said that many who are actually "backordered" did not get the backorder email only because the system is playing catch up but they will eventually get it.

fatkiid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Serious?

Order Date: November 13, 2012 8:53:29 AM UTC-8 By 6 minutes I get shafted and backordered? Seriosly pissed at google for tossing us around like crap.

Yes, it seems so. The package is coming from Louisville, KY via ground.

FWIW, my order had a Nexus 7 16GB as well as a Nexus 4 16GB.

chartothel

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
A bunch of folks on the redflagdeals.com forum received their shipping confirmation email today. [Merged] Google Nexus 4 Smartphone 8gb - $309 16gb - 359 - Page 308 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums Shockingly enough, some of them have estimated delivery dates of as late as next Wednesday and even Thursday. This is way beyond the "Delivered in 3-5 business days" promised by Google, which I find unacceptable. Especially when you figure in the $14 - $15 for 2-day shipping that they were made to pay (not to mention a slightly higher price for the same device, simply for ordering from Canada).

InfinitiGuy

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Google is teasing me!

Nov 15
Google Canada Corp. shipped your order.
Track UPS package #1Z7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unfortunately it's just my bumper case!

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm absolutely fuming.

My co-worker just received a shipment notification. He ordered after I did. We both are shipping to the exact same location (our work). He's getting his before me.

How in the effing world is that even possible? Complete joke. Seriously. We're both located in Woodbridge, by the way.

Lochtide

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I ordered like 5 minutes after they came online. My status in google wallet hasn't even changed yet. It says the shipping estimate was for yesterday, yet still mine hasn't even been sent out. wtf is this crap...last time I ever order from google.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I ordered like 5 minutes after they came online. My status in google wallet hasn't even changed yet. It says the shipping estimate was for yesterday, yet still mine hasn't even been sent out. wtf is this crap...last time I ever order from google.

Same boat as you. My status has been the same since Tuesday, no email whatsoever with an update. I called Google Play and they tell me "we're busy, no worries you should get a shipping confirmation later today". Yeah, right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad