Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    I'll say the Iphone 5.
    This guy.

This guy right here.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: I have an iphone 5.....

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    If Android gets its act together and delivers updates faster Apple will lose even more customers my sister has an iPhone because she knows it will last her whole two year contract and get updates Android phones can't say that besides nexus devices

Sent from my PC36100
    I think there is a big misconception about an update now. Android was trailing iOS for the last couple of years more in how the hardware and software was speaking to each other. But after Jellybean its all different. Touch screen tech is now better (which is still Apples strongest asset IMO) but software updates are really not as important now for the average user. A 2 year old Android phone can still do more than an iPhone5. It wouldn't be as fast or responsive but it can still do things that iOS can't.

The big question is are the things that Android can do important to you? If you don't know the difference or don't care then your iphone will do everything you need. But if you do care then the differences are glaring. Anyone who has used Dropbox on both devices can agree to this.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mattopotamus View Post
    exactly....and why iphone software updates tend to make your older model feel sluggish, the android updates have the reverse effect. Look what JB did to the last nexus
    And the iOS 6 update actually took features away, so for many people the update was a negative. I know many people who have opted to not do the update. Can you imagine anyone not wanting to go from ICS to JB? Apples and oranges in terms of benefits.

Android Evangelist

I live in Houston. Everyone has a 4 or 4S. Haven't seen a 5 in the wild yet. I really think they pushed the hardware manufacturing too hard and can't produce it in quantity to get through quality control. Stupid mistake. Google / Android should pounce on this opportunity. It's giving apple phone people thoughts on switching.

I laugh when I see grandparents with their apple phones. Yeah, that's the phone I want...

Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    That fantasy that apple has better software support is simply not true. Even though all their most of their phones are upgraded to 6.0 you dont get all of the features of the OS unless you have the newest hardware. In my opinion at least android is more transparent in that respect, but cutting off updates to specific models you know which features are available to you or not and you can make a better informed decision.

Also keep in mind, apple now is more about litigation than innovation. If you look at their recent software launches you can see there has been a significant dip in their innovation. Buying a nexus device is your best future proof option you have right now.
    It's not fantasy, any software update even just for new APIs is better then no software update, this is bottleneck of Android and Apple do have a good point saying that on keynote.... because this is biggest problem of Android system. You know why most application still looks like 2.3? Because only 25% os Android userbase have beyond ICS and if app using ICS APIs it's usally using it via hacks so app don't brake for the rest 75% (thru i should minus here versions below Froyo here), Android seems to have exact same problem as Web developments, slow migration disallows to all the goodness of newest stuff. Nexus line is not a solution either, since as you seen in case of Nexus 4 not everyone likes it... yet they know that Nexus is the only way to get latest updates, thats why there was lot of hate. Apple is simply better at it (mostly from fact that they don't have third-party OEM problems) and migration process is faster, developers can move on faster and thing that "Apple isnow is more about litigation than innovation." does not turn that to "fantasy". 4.0 is year old system and still developers can't use it's full potential

Btw, i got ICS on Galaxy S2 and i still can't resize widgets even after latest 4.0.4 updates because they forgot to implement it to TouchWiz (launcher need to tell widget to resize it self) even thru they support there custom API so talk about not giving all features

But hey, it might get better, fact that S2 and Note 1 getting 4.1 is a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by RickInHouston View Post
    I live in Houston. Everyone has a 4 or 4S. Haven't seen a 5 in the wild yet. I really think they pushed the hardware manufacturing too hard and can't produce it in quantity to get through quality control. Stupid mistake. Google / Android should pounce on this opportunity. It's giving apple phone people thoughts on switching.

I laugh when I see grandparents with their apple phones. Yeah, that's the phone I want...
    Foxcom google it, Apple got bent over in the media for using them and their work ethics.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Quote Originally Posted by cinek View Post
    both the same, you'll probably get longer software support on the iphone as from what I've read nexus has only 2 years. Both great phones, however apple is falling behind imo which is the main reason I'm switching

at the end of the day it comes down to preference
    Which iPhone has received software support for more than 2 years?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    Which iPhone has received software support for more than 2 years?
    iPhone 3GS.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurJohnny View Post
    iPhone 3GS.
    But after that update the phone became useless because it was so slow.

Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    But after that update the phone became useless because it was so slow.

Well it's not like Android have magic potion for that either.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Well it's not like Android have magic potion for that either.
    True but most phones if not all that get Android updates perform better.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rickydavis1051 View Post
    And just bought the Nexus 4. Without "favoritism" what do you think is the better long term phone?
    if youre looking at long term then i think honestly its going to be the iphone 5, but i think the n4 will hold up well especially since the updates are coming straight from google. I think its really more about preference as opposed to "one being better than the other".
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10,541 Global Posts
    ROM
    BIGPADDY/theBEST

Red face Re: I have an iphone 5.....

You should have brought a NOKIA LUMIA 920 THAT FUTURE PROOF

IF YOU BUY YOU GET A FREE CAR WASH BY ME PERSONALLY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I have an iphone 5.....-carwash.png   I have an iphone 5.....-nobody-cares.jpg   I have an iphone 5.....-carwash-jpeg.jpg   I have an iphone 5.....-6-fat-man.jpg  

Global Posts
    10,541 Global Posts
    ROM
    BIGPADDY/theBEST

I want to apologies about the image above it was only suppose to be the car wash man :d

my mistake if i have upset or offended anyone press f13 then you should get a message box.

Again im sorry

Global Posts
    10,541 Global Posts
    ROM
    BIGPADDY/theBEST

You should have brought a NOKIA LUMIA 920 THAT FUTURE PROOF

IF YOU BUY YOU GET A FREE CAR WASH BY ME PERSONALLY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I have an iphone 5.....-carwash.png  

Thanked by:
    natehoy and hunterhp like this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12