| || |
Re: I have an iphone 5.....
It's not fantasy, any software update even just for new APIs is better then no software update, this is bottleneck of Android and Apple do have a good point saying that on keynote.... because this is biggest problem of Android system. You know why most application still looks like 2.3? Because only 25% os Android userbase have beyond ICS and if app using ICS APIs it's usally using it via hacks so app don't brake for the rest 75% (thru i should minus here versions below Froyo here), Android seems to have exact same problem as Web developments, slow migration disallows to all the goodness of newest stuff. Nexus line is not a solution either, since as you seen in case of Nexus 4 not everyone likes it... yet they know that Nexus is the only way to get latest updates, thats why there was lot of hate. Apple is simply better at it (mostly from fact that they don't have third-party OEM problems) and migration process is faster, developers can move on faster and thing that "Apple isnow is more about litigation than innovation." does not turn that to "fantasy". 4.0 is year old system and still developers can't use it's full potential
Originally Posted by ijip
Btw, i got ICS on Galaxy S2 and i still can't resize widgets even after latest 4.0.4 updates because they forgot to implement it to TouchWiz (launcher need to tell widget to resize it self) even thru they support there custom API so talk about not giving all features
But hey, it might get better, fact that S2 and Note 1 getting 4.1 is a good sign