Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default If you didn't get a Google LG Nexus 4....count yourself lucky.....

GTH
    Last edited by Arctic Prodigy; 11-27-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Default Re: If you didn't get a Google LG Nexus 4....count yourself lucky.....

LG #fail

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

GTH
    MERCDROID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post
    Turns out that they are having the same problem that the HTC one X had on their launch too, yellow screens where the LCD are glued in, more info in the link below:

But it is said to be all gone when glue is fully cured...if you want to believe it?

For what it's worth I picked one up at Tmobile and my screen is not yellow in the least. Also what confuses me in his post is that my phone doesn't get warm on one side the way his does, the only place it gets warm is the top 1/4 or so of the back from say just below the camera up and it only gets warm when I'm seriously using cellular data..
    Thanked by 2:

I must be blind i couldnt see the taint haha.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
    duke1231 and MERCDROID like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

GTH
    Fairclough likes this.

Safe [Phone], No regrets
    I am just waiting till i can order which will be awhile.
    Tom Fairclough
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

GTH
    Last edited by Arctic Prodigy; 11-27-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Only time will tell, i think heaps will get driven away by the wait.
    Tom Fairclough

The first batch always has production issues
    Pokku3 likes this.

Hopefully the second batch that I have to wait up to 3 weeks for doesn't have that issue...

Quote Originally Posted by DaMaDo View Post
    Hopefully the second batch that I have to wait up to 3 weeks for doesn't have that issue...
    This so-called "second batch" is likely already manufactured and on it's way.
    ChromeJob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    This so-called "second batch" is likely already manufactured and on it's way.
    Im thinking the same. Do you think Google/LG has been notified of this issue? Not that many tech reviews are making a big deal out of it

Please, take this with a grain of salt. The person who has "done research" says his previous phone by SONY gives him the credibility to answers what the problem is. This and some small French review site are the only cases that have reported on this "yellow tint", and apparently, it is extremely hard to see. According to some posts, it requires 80-100% brightness and a relatively dark room to see the yellow spot, assuming you have it.
    jman1323 likes this.

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine does not have this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    "In valor, there is hope."

I couldnt even see the dot in the image, so it should be fine!
    Tom Fairclough

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Only time will tell, i think heaps will get driven away by the wait.

+1

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

I don't see anything -_-

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

Perhaps this is the reason, or a reason, that they ran out of inventory. They possibly figured this out and are brewing up replacements. It's a disappointing wait but I think both companies will want to stand behind a good product once we get him in hand. :-)

ROM
    Stock

My wife and I received ours yesterday and have no complaints. Then again we don't go looking for defects rather we enjoy the new devices we were apparently lucky to get. Screen is absolutely stunning! If you go looking for trouble that's already in your mind you are bound to find it...

Sent from my Nexus 4
    qnet, marcus.plans and slywalk like this.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

no issues on my unit. The phone is amazing, i feel lucky to have it..
    Google Android Affectionado

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    I couldnt even see the dot in the image, so it should be fine!
    it looks like a yellow smear on the left side, not a dot

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by briankariu View Post
    The first batch always has production issues
    This is often true, not always, but it's the price you pay for being an early adopter and wanting that first batch, lol

Also worth noting that the majority of phones don't have any issues.. Always remember that what you see in the forums are always going to make every device sound more negative, simply because the people who have issues are the ones more likely to post. Very few people post just to say their device is perfect, even though they are the majority almost all the time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    This is often true, not always, but it's the price you pay for being an early adopter and wanting that first batch, lol

Also worth noting that the majority of phones don't have any issues.. Always remember that what you see in the forums are always going to make every device sound more negative, simply because the people who have issues are the ones more likely to post. Very few people post just to say their device is perfect, even though they are the majority almost all the time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I completely agree.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've had mine since the 14th and I can say with a straight face I have zero issues. I must be lucky...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    "In valor, there is hope."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast