1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else notice free library titles when seting up their Nexus 4?

Just curious if I some how picked these items up somewhere else or if they were an unadvertised part of getting a Nexus 4. When looking at my various libraries I now have the following items that I did not have before:

In Play Magazines I have the Nov issues of Entrepreneur and Conde Nast Traveler.

In Play Books I have Wuthering Heights.

In play Music I have a song from the following artists Divine Fits, Anthony Pain, Bob Mould, Bucky Covington & Shooter Jennings, Cat Power, Eskmo, The Lumineers, M. Ward, Minus the Bear, and The Rolling Stones.

In Play Movies I have Transformers Dark of the Moon and under TV Shows I have Falling Skies and Planet Earth.

I do not recall seeing any of these items prior to getting my Nexus 4. I remember when I got my Galaxy Nexus I received a few books (Alice in Wonderland being one) so I am assuimg at this point these items were freebies for the Nexus 4. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone else notice free library titles when seting up their Nexus 4?

Google has been doing that for a while now. They give a few free books, a movie, some music and a few magazines just to give you a taste of what Google Play services have to offer and hoping you'll get lured into buying lots of content.

BTW, I've had four Nexus 7s and they've always come with free content including the Transformers movie.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Default Re: Anyone else notice free library titles when seting up their Nexus 4?

I know you should never look a gift horse in the mouth but I can't help feel like I drew the short stick! You got Transformers Dark of the Moon and I got Ice Age... And not even the new one, I'm talking old school Ice Age lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

They do it all the time. I had Jane Eyre or something like that on my old phone.
    » Tom Fairclough «
    » Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae «
    » I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune «
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by arcoms View Post
    I know you should never look a gift horse in the mouth but I can't help feel like I drew the short stick! You got Transformers Dark of the Moon and I got Ice Age... And not even the new one, I'm talking old school Ice Age lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    So we don't all get the same thing? Just some random goodies? I assumed everyone would get the same thing.. Cool!

Maybe it depends on your model, there could be like a select bag of goodies eg best sellers and they give us a random one of that batch. All i know one i ones i would never read;
    » Tom Fairclough «
    » Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae «
    » I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune «