Buy a S3 or........?

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The GS3 is an amazing phone and definitely a top android phone atm, cream of the crop status. I look at it this way; GS3 is the best you'll get, but Nexus 4 is on its completely own, god-tier. :)

jaxdave

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
On sale at Sam's Club 11/18 for .96 cents. AT&T w/2yr. contract. This is the route I'll be going. I ordered my N4 16GB at 11:42 EST on the 13th and still no email of any kind other than the original confirmation. Pass...

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just wait this thing out for a month and buy one from the play store when they come out for $349? What would you guys do?

Depends on where you are in terms of your current phone, and what your interests are in terms of a new one. The S3 has all the carrier-specific goodies you have come to expect in a flagship fondleslab of awesomeness. It's got all the hardware going on you'll want for a long time to come.

On the other hand, if you want Jelly Bean on it, you're in luck - as of just a few days ago. And it's 4.1.1, so forget about all the new stuff everyone is ooohing and aaahing about. Maybe you'll get a 4.2 build sometime next year, maybe not. "No Photosphere for you!"

Personally, I'd wait. But the S3 isn't going to be a bad choice either, especially at fire sale pricing.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Google has opened my eyes that being in contact is not for me. I'll never be bound to a contract again! I don't care if they sale the gs3 for free with a two year contract. They still win, the carriers, heck no baby. I'm unplugged from the Matrix, Nexus 4 all day! I'll wait.

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually I bought one just from Ebay and got a refund. But as for buying one from T-Mobile, uhhh actually I didn't? Dude you are a troll. EVERY SINGLE post I comment on or thread i start you have to reply to me. Get off my nuts

He likes to "Go Down South" so hes trying to do the same to you.........hah

Anyway, to the OP, I think S3 and N4 are great phones, but it sort of depends on your personal preference and patience.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
One S, One X+, or One X imo..... I think I'd choose any over the S3.

One S...really? I honestly wouldn't even look at an HTC device they have such poor battery life it is ridiculous. Not to mention you can't even remove the battery!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a GS3 with my upgrade. I'm probably going to sell it in a couple of weeks in preparation of the next wave of N4s.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
What would you do if the Nexus 4 were being released 3 weeks or a month from now? Would you wait for it or pick up a GS 3 now? That's what you should do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34