Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 73
Like Tree31Likes
  1. #26  
    sectime's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Maybe because only Apple hate on an Android Forum?? Same thing happened when I ordered my original Nexus 7. Fact is Google doesn't do customer service very well, but they are taking baby steps
  2. #27  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by STC09 View Post
    Honestly, who cares about 3G any more?
    How about those of us on contract to AT&T with an iPhone 4s? I only get HSPA+ as it is. No data speed loss for me. Don't even have 4G from any carrier where I live, so I reverse the question, why should I care that it doesn't support LTE?
  3. #28  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    How about those of us on contract to AT&T with an iPhone 4s? I only get HSPA+ as it is. No data speed loss for me. Don't even have 4G from any carrier where I live, so I reverse the question, why should I care that it doesn't support LTE?
    The question isn't really whether people in your situation exist, but rather whether they exist in numbers large enough that the media will take notice. That doesn't appear to be the case.
  4. #29  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Because this is a pet project of Google's. They are not in the device business as Apple and Samsung are. This is not were their money comes from and invetors neither the main stream media care. Google brings in billions from advertising through mediums such as Ad Words. Notice how their phones are not the top of the line and there are always phones that are better by some other company. I had the Galaxy Nexus and that camera was shameful. That didn't stop many from getting one. If Google turned high profits from these devices and they started to drive up their stocks, then the shareholders would be pissed if they have a debacle such as the one we're living through. Until then, we deal with it. Or, we wait until the smoke clears and then order a device. I waited with the Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus 7.

    I actually got my 7 while some people were waiting to get their back orders. Distrubution is not their thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ctechnow View Post
    Why isn't this front page news? "Google butchers the launch of the Nexus 4!" I would think that big Android sites and other news would be all over this since its such a big screw up from the biggest web company in the world. Someone is trying to keep this hush hush since the problem is buried in the forums. If it was front page news, we would all have apology emails and more information from Google about REAL expectations.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    You asked who cares, not how many, so I told ya who. 1% represent! (Still wish it had a micro sd card slot though.)
  6. #31  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by STC09 View Post
    Marketing BS - theoretical throughput is half that of T-Mobile.
    I've gotten 12 megs down outside of lte coverage on my vivid, that's the same speed as my home network. How much do you need for a freaking phone?

    Google's answer about lte makes perfect sense. As it stands now, making an unlocked lte phone just isn't feasible

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #32  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Also at&t isn't planning on killing 2G off till 2017, 3G is probably even farther away, by the time this phone won't work on this network, we'll have phones with 100 cores, and 32 gigs of ram running android 10

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #33  
    DirkBelig's Avatar

    Posts
    1,267 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by frageelay View Post
    Notice how their phones are not the top of the line and there are always phones that are better by some other company. I had the Galaxy Nexus and that camera was shameful. That didn't stop many from getting one.
    The Nexus 4 isn't comparable to the top-tier phones out today? (And no, lacking LTE is not a valid point.) Other than the camera, what was wrong with the GNex? Did it not make phone calls? Did it fail as a mobile computer? Was the display crap? Was it slow? Bashing an entire smartphone and the company that specified what went into it for the camera is like saying a car and it's maker are terrible because the stereo can't be turned up loud enough to shatter the windows.

    This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"-haters-gonna-hate-tshirt.jpg
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi
  9. #34  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    You asked who cares, not how many, so I told ya who. 1% represent! (Still wish it had a micro sd card slot though.)
    Theoretical question.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    So how exactly did they screw up the launch? Because it sold out quick? I'm failing to see the problem here. Every time there is a new game system launch, they sell out quickly, yet no one is clamoring about how they screwed up their launches

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by cormaster628 View Post
    So how exactly did they screw up the launch? Because it sold out quick? I'm failing to see the problem here. Every time there is a new game system launch, they sell out quickly, yet no one is clamoring about how they screwed up their launches

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    You must not have fumbled through the order system like many of us did. Errors all over the website, item in cart then disappearing from cart, oops this oops that. Finally goes through then 2 days later you find out it was backordered after getting a ship date. Poor customer service, the list goes on..
    Thanked by:
  12. #37  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by ctechnow View Post
    You must not have fumbled through the order system like many of us did. Errors all over the website, item in cart then disappearing from cart, oops this oops that. Finally goes through then 2 days later you find out it was backordered after getting a ship date. Poor customer service, the list goes on..
    Biggest screw up is to have placed an order within minutes of the store opening. Have no idea, no communication from Google. Then read about others who ordered AFTER you have their products delivered. WTF!
    Thanked by:
  13. #38  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    I'd wait anyway honestly. You know there is going to be some issues no one knows about yet.

    If anything was a screw up imo it was no pre orders

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #39  
    yfan's Avatar

    Posts
    802 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by STC09 View Post
    The question isn't really whether people in your situation exist, but rather whether they exist in numbers large enough that the media will take notice. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    Well, I don't know about the media, but Google certainly noticed, as first it released the unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus and now the HSPA+ 42 Nexus 4. And given the rate at which the Nexus 4 sold out, I'd say someone is noticing.
    Thanked by:
  15. #40  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by STC09 View Post
    Theoretical question.
    I think the word you are looking for is rhetorical. A theoretical question may or may not exist.

    And rhetorical or not I was just responding to the LTE snobs in general. And to the fact that this rhetorical question was given as a reason there is no coverage of this sh1tstorm.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    That's the word - Swype disagreed and I didn't catch it. Could have been worse.

    As for coverage, I've seen nothing remarkable outside of the android press.
    Last edited by STC09; 11-16-2012 at 04:02 PM.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    All the places listed are tech sites. When Apple messed up it was everywhere from Bloomberg, WSJ and BBC. It was a world news story that was getting as much coverage as election things. This is so underground compared to that. I'm sure other sites may have picked it up but not on the same scale. It is a non issue because it doesn't hurt Google's bottom line.

    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    Your complaint would have more merit if it wasn't totally false. Like this:

    *
    * Android Central 116: The Google Play debacle; Verizon's DNA | Android Central
    * Nexus 4 backorder e-mails go out en masse | Android Central
    * This week's sidebar poll: Were you able to order a new Nexus? | Android Central
    * Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 launch on Google Play Store in U.S. + Canada [update: N4 sold out] | Android Central
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *

    Yeah, totally covered up. Do you line your hat with Reynolds Wrap or plain old store brand tinfoil?

    Considering Google hasn't made any announcements as to what happened, it's all just speculation and nerd rage emo crybaby stuff. Would an explanation be nice? Sure, but so what? That they FUBARed this is self-evident and people are going to be very leery of trying to buy at launch in the future, but these are the firstest of First World problems. Are rockets raining down on your city? Has your home been washed away by a hurricane? No? Then you're doing just fine.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Cause Apple sells 10 million iPhones, Google sells maybe 50,000 Nexus phones.
  19. #44  
    yfan's Avatar

    Posts
    802 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by frageelay View Post
    All the places listed are tech sites. When Apple messed up it was everywhere from Bloomberg, WSJ and BBC. It was a world news story that was getting as much coverage as election things. This is so underground compared to that. I'm sure other sites may have picked it up but not on the same scale. It is a non issue because it doesn't hurt Google's bottom line.
    In all honesty, selling the Nexus doesn't affect Google's bottom line. Look at the specs. Look at the prices it is being sold outside the Play Store. Google is VERY LIKELY selling this device at cost. When Apple starts selling iPhones at cost at a comparable price point out of contract as the Nexus 4, maybe we can start talking about having the same kind of main stream media coverage. When Apple starts allowing iOS on non-Apple devices, we can start talking about the same coverage. We can do that also when the Nexus phones, combined, reach anywhere near the market share of the iPhones, combined.

    Yeah, Google handled it badly. The launch sucked; a lot of us (myself included) did not get our shiny toys. But to compare the sales and marketing of the Nexus phone to those of the iPhone is plain ridiculous.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Didn't compare the two really. I have posted multiple times that devices are pet projects for google and this is not where their money comes from. Actually posted that on this thread. What I was getting at is that the OP expected a big story, as if it was a big deal as it were with Apple. I commented regarding the person who posted the articles from tech sites. I agree it isn't a big deal for google or their investors. Apple is the in the device business, google is in the ad business. No comparison on my part.

    Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    In all honesty, selling the Nexus doesn't affect Google's bottom line. Look at the specs. Look at the prices it is being sold outside the Play Store. Google is VERY LIKELY selling this device at cost. When Apple starts selling iPhones at cost at a comparable price point out of contract as the Nexus 4, maybe we can start talking about having the same kind of main stream media coverage. When Apple starts allowing iOS on non-Apple devices, we can start talking about the same coverage. We can do that also when the Nexus phones, combined, reach anywhere near the market share of the iPhones, combined.

    Yeah, Google handled it badly. The launch sucked; a lot of us (myself included) did not get our shiny toys. But to compare the sales and marketing of the Nexus phone to those of the iPhone is plain ridiculous.
  21. #46  
    yfan's Avatar

    Posts
    802 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by frageelay View Post
    Didn't compare the two really. I have posted multiple times that devices are pet projects for google and this is not where their money comes from. Actually posted that on this thread. What I was getting at is that the OP expected a big story, as if it was a big deal as it were with Apple. I commented regarding the person who posted the articles from tech sites. I agree it isn't a big deal for google or their investors. Apple is the in the device business, google is in the ad business. No comparison on my part.
    Hmm, my bad, then. I misunderstood. My apologies.
    Thanked by:
    frageelay likes this.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    No problem.
    I think google uses crap distrubution. Someone noted on another post that UPS is handling the entire thing. Not sure if that is true but as bad as it has gone it could be spot on.

    Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    Hmm, my bad, then. I misunderstood. My apologies.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    its just a F' ing phone. wait untill it get stocked and buy it. its not like you are going to die if you dont get it this instance.

    there is always a limit!! Google cannot handle the huge demands while their capacity is limited.
  24. #49  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    The problem here is google didn't know what to expect. The Galaxy nexus wasn't a big seller and they probably just had a modest amount ready for launch, not expecting it to sell like it did. Again they should of took pre orders as so they'd know just how many would be needed for launch.

    Also they are a web based company, not exactly known for physical devices so they are still learning about cs. In a couple weeks everyone who wants one will have one and the play store will have a steady stock of them and no one will care.

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  25. #50  

    Default Re: This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

    Quote Originally Posted by ctechnow View Post
    AFRAID or PAID for silence about this is the real question..
    I take offense at that. You have no idea, and no right, to make such an assumption. It only proves that you're a jerk.

    This was not a surprise. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew the demand was going to be huge, and the devices would be gone in minutes.
    You want it to be news? Here's your news post.

    Despite random idiots saying it will fail, the Nexus 4 sells out in minutes as expected



    Just as we saw when the Nexus 4 went on sale in Australia, Germany, and the UK, the US launch of the Nexus 4 was greeted with an almost-instant sellout. We're not surprised, as we've said all along that a phone of this caliber at these prices would sell out, despite all the naysayers opining about lack of SD cards and LTE, or complaining about LG being the manufacturer. Because of the rush and the confusion about the exact time, many folks went away without having purchased a unit of their own.

    At the core, the biggest issue seems to have been the way Google Wallet handled the sheer amount of orders. The Google Play site kept up with demand, but the cart and payment systems buckled under the tremendous load. In the end, the system was likely left with users who had phones in their cart from a previous session who kept trying to continue the transaction in a new session. Google will have to sort it all out and make sure nobody gets charged without getting a phone, and we're sure they will in the coming days.

    In the meantime, I'm sure Google is pleased by the response, and will beef up their online payment system for the next time.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Simply - Yes or No? Google screwed up this release.
    By KJD209 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 07:41 AM
  2. This close to the launch of the Nexus 7: Google should tell us
    By quinnsdaddy11 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 02:25 PM
  3. [Guide] Kindle Fire for Beginners... this should be a "sticky"
    By charlibob in forum Amazon Kindle Fire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 01:44 PM
  4. This should be interesting
    By area223 in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

B