This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Why isn't this front page news? "Google butchers the launch of the Nexus 4!" I would think that big Android sites and other news would be all over this since its such a big screw up from the biggest web company in the world. Someone is trying to keep this hush hush since the problem is buried in the forums. If it was front page news, we would all have apology emails and more information from Google about REAL expectations.

oh geez...

come on now guys...has it really gotten to this?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Google does. Google doesn't want a lot work so it goes with something that carriers are moving away from. I mean phone only going to be good for a year. So no need to invest in next gen radios
Honestly, who cares about 3G any more?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why isn't this front page news? "Google butchers the launch of the Nexus 4!" I would think that big Android sites and other news would be all over this since its such a big screw up from the biggest web company in the world. Someone is trying to keep this hush hush since the problem is buried in the forums. If it was front page news, we would all have apology emails and more information from Google about REAL expectations.
Your complaint would have more merit if it wasn't totally false. Like this:

* Google Nexus 4: Play Store debacle gives buyers the Backorder Blues | ZDNet
* Android Central 116: The Google Play debacle; Verizon's DNA | Android Central
* Nexus 4 backorder e-mails go out en masse | Android Central
* This week's sidebar poll: Were you able to order a new Nexus? | Android Central
* Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 launch on Google Play Store in U.S. + Canada [update: N4 sold out] | Android Central
* Nexus 4 backordered, expected to ship within three weeks -- Engadget
* Google Nexus 4 already sold out at U.S. Google Play store | Internet & Media - CNET News
* Nexus 4 Sold Out on Google Play Ahead of T-Mobile Launch | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
* Nexus 4 sells out in UK in 30 minutes as Play woes prompt anger - SlashGear
* http://phandroid.com/2012/11/15/nexus-4-backordered/
* http://phandroid.com/2012/11/13/nexus-4-sold-out/

Yeah, totally covered up. Do you line your hat with Reynolds Wrap or plain old store brand tinfoil?

Considering Google hasn't made any announcements as to what happened, it's all just speculation and nerd rage emo crybaby stuff. Would an explanation be nice? Sure, but so what? That they FUBARed this is self-evident and people are going to be very leery of trying to buy at launch in the future, but these are the firstest of First World problems. Are rockets raining down on your city? Has your home been washed away by a hurricane? No? Then you're doing just fine.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
But that was last year.this year att is lte 4g and that is what sells.
It runs on hspa + on at&t which is referred to as 4G so yes it has 4G on at&t

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

anon(4054009)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe because only Apple hate on an Android Forum?? Same thing happened when I ordered my original Nexus 7. Fact is Google doesn't do customer service very well, but they are taking baby steps :)

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, who cares about 3G any more?

How about those of us on contract to AT&T with an iPhone 4s? I only get HSPA+ as it is. No data speed loss for me. Don't even have 4G from any carrier where I live, so I reverse the question, why should I care that it doesn't support LTE?

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
How about those of us on contract to AT&T with an iPhone 4s? I only get HSPA+ as it is. No data speed loss for me. Don't even have 4G from any carrier where I live, so I reverse the question, why should I care that it doesn't support LTE?

The question isn't really whether people in your situation exist, but rather whether they exist in numbers large enough that the media will take notice. That doesn't appear to be the case.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Because this is a pet project of Google's. They are not in the device business as Apple and Samsung are. This is not were their money comes from and invetors neither the main stream media care. Google brings in billions from advertising through mediums such as Ad Words. Notice how their phones are not the top of the line and there are always phones that are better by some other company. I had the Galaxy Nexus and that camera was shameful. That didn't stop many from getting one. If Google turned high profits from these devices and they started to drive up their stocks, then the shareholders would be pissed if they have a debacle such as the one we're living through. Until then, we deal with it. Or, we wait until the smoke clears and then order a device. I waited with the Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus 7.

I actually got my 7 while some people were waiting to get their back orders. Distrubution is not their thing.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Marketing BS - theoretical throughput is half that of T-Mobile.

I've gotten 12 megs down outside of lte coverage on my vivid, that's the same speed as my home network. How much do you need for a freaking phone?

Google's answer about lte makes perfect sense. As it stands now, making an unlocked lte phone just isn't feasible

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Also at&t isn't planning on killing 2G off till 2017, 3G is probably even farther away, by the time this phone won't work on this network, we'll have phones with 100 cores, and 32 gigs of ram running android 10

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Notice how their phones are not the top of the line and there are always phones that are better by some other company. I had the Galaxy Nexus and that camera was shameful. That didn't stop many from getting one.
The Nexus 4 isn't comparable to the top-tier phones out today? (And no, lacking LTE is not a valid point.) Other than the camera, what was wrong with the GNex? Did it not make phone calls? Did it fail as a mobile computer? Was the display crap? Was it slow? Bashing an entire smartphone and the company that specified what went into it for the camera is like saying a car and it's maker are terrible because the stereo can't be turned up loud enough to shatter the windows.

haters-gonna-hate-tshirt.jpg

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
So how exactly did they screw up the launch? Because it sold out quick? I'm failing to see the problem here. Every time there is a new game system launch, they sell out quickly, yet no one is clamoring about how they screwed up their launches

ctechnow

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
So how exactly did they screw up the launch? Because it sold out quick? I'm failing to see the problem here. Every time there is a new game system launch, they sell out quickly, yet no one is clamoring about how they screwed up their launches

You must not have fumbled through the order system like many of us did. Errors all over the website, item in cart then disappearing from cart, oops this oops that. Finally goes through then 2 days later you find out it was backordered after getting a ship date. Poor customer service, the list goes on..

socaltyger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You must not have fumbled through the order system like many of us did. Errors all over the website, item in cart then disappearing from cart, oops this oops that. Finally goes through then 2 days later you find out it was backordered after getting a ship date. Poor customer service, the list goes on..

Biggest screw up is to have placed an order within minutes of the store opening. Have no idea, no communication from Google. Then read about others who ordered AFTER you have their products delivered. WTF!

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait anyway honestly. You know there is going to be some issues no one knows about yet.

If anything was a screw up imo it was no pre orders

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
The question isn't really whether people in your situation exist, but rather whether they exist in numbers large enough that the media will take notice. That doesn't appear to be the case.
Well, I don't know about the media, but Google certainly noticed, as first it released the unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus and now the HSPA+ 42 Nexus 4. And given the rate at which the Nexus 4 sold out, I'd say someone is noticing.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Theoretical question.

I think the word you are looking for is rhetorical. A theoretical question may or may not exist.

And rhetorical or not I was just responding to the LTE snobs in general. And to the fact that this rhetorical question was given as a reason there is no coverage of this sh1tstorm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7