Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Will you buy Nexus 4 from Play Store when they restock?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 70.79%
  • No, holding off for initial rush to go away

8 8.99%
  • No, moved on to another smartphone.

10 11.24%
  • Undecided

8 8.99%
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By reign831
  • 2 Post By reign831
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Will you buy nexus 4 from play store when they restock?

Not trying to add fuel to the fire to Nexus 4 debacle but I have few thoughts.

1. Back orders will take up to three weeks now but I don't see the Play Store not restocking Nexus 4 at least once. When they do those able to buy the Nexus 4 depending on when Google restocks the play store may get their Nexus 4 sooner then those on back order.

2. Will the back orders delay Google to restock the the play store because they are sending out that stock to back order customers?

3. If they restock the Nexus 4 again will they run into the same problems they have now?

In end it seems their will be far more issues with the Play Store.
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 11-16-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

Default Re: Play Store Restocks the Nexus 4...

You forgot the "I am too busy overreacting to this unforgivable tragedy to think straight right now" option.
    yfan and TheLibertarian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by reignx777 View Post
    You forgot the "I am too busy overreacting to this unforgivable tragedy to think straight right now" option.
    "canceled my order and stomped around my house knocking of lamps and chasing the cat" option too
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Trashville View Post
    "canceled my order and stomped around my house knocking of lamps and chasing the cat" option too
    lol....I thought putting option that said NEVER FROM THE PLAY STORE AGAIN but I thought that would be to melodramatic.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    lol....I thought putting option that said NEVER FROM THE PLAY STORE AGAIN but I thought that would be to melodramatic.
    Melodrama is so in right now
    Erckul and codeda like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Melodrama is so in right now
    Yes but it's way beyond the point of said.
    Solve
    Answer
    ______

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Talk about a misleading thread title. How 'bout we all just move on with our lives and current phones and it (N4) gets here when it gets here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Pre-dawn raid View Post
    Talk about a misleading thread title. How 'bout we all just move on with our lives and current phones and it (N4) gets here when it gets here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    Play Store Restocks the Nexus 4...= wait wait I am not saying the Play Store restocked Nexus 4
    lol...nothing miss leading just peoples misplaced wishful thinking.
    Solve
    Answer
    ______

Stock will continue coming into the warehouses on an ongoing basis, back-orders will be filled first, once that backlog is cleared up the phone will show up in the Play Store again.
    Probably about 3 weeks.

Default Re: Will you buy nexus 4 from play store when they restock?

Only if Google let's me order it. Otherwise I'm probably going to pick one up at tmo when they restock. I'm tired of waiting, i've been without a real phone since June and didn't plan on getting one until 2 months ago when the N4 info started leaking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I don't know what to do tbh....I got no email from them at all and nobody has any idea wtf is going on with my order. So maybe I'll move onto a new phone, maybe not.

I have no idea how a company as big and as powerful as Google is doesn't know how to slap a label on something and hand it to a mailman. They somehow screwed up their own code enough as to where orders are just getting picked at random whether they get shipped or not. Then with the 3 week backhaul its clear that they sold more then what they have stock for.

Every company can do this properly.....Google sells about 3 items and they can't figure out how to properly sell them? It makes no sense.....even crappy company like onesaleaday can process and ship an order before 2 days processing time. They also no doubt have MORE orders then what Google had to process as well.

Then they hire all this "staff" customer service who is basically there to lie and make excuses when they literally have 0 information whatsoever on your order.

The crashing of the site is somewhat understandable assuming the demand was super high, even the best companies sometimes have that problem. But the issues that ensued afterwards are just pathetic and I think Google should probably raise the price of the phone by $50 and let a real company sell it.

I'm sorry if some ppl think its an overreaction towards not getting a device but these are real problems if Google plans to move forward in selling devices. If they haven't figured it out in the past 5 or so months then its likely just another beta program they will soon be shutting down.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

Not totally sure but I'm pretty sure I'm over it. Google obviously doesn't want my money since they deleted my phone out of my shopping cart.

I didn't even try on launch day because I'm travelling and didn't know which address to ship it to. I do plan on buying one when it's available, unless the community decides they're no good in the meantime.

If i can get an order.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

Well, I am pretty sure there will come a point in time when I can buy from the Play Store without the thing going up in flames. I will buy it then. I have also realized that I do not need the 16GB model, and I will be saving myself $50 by getting the 8 gig one. I will try when it's stocked again. Until then, I will be rocking 4.2 on my Galaxy Nexus.

ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

I will as long as i can afford to which the odds are not great that i will have the money the first time they restock but hey if i have the money i will be buying

I just hope that when the restock becomes available it last more than a half hour. First time I was expecting the release from midnight and when it was available I threw one 16GB unit about 7 times but never could complete the transaction. Always ended in an error. I'm giving a few days more before jump to a Samsung Galaxy Note II. This is a hit-miss for Google. There are a few thousand people that are in the same boat like me.

T-Mo doesn't has stock for the device. I ordered one the very first day that they started to offer the Nexus 4 (After Google Play Store Fiasco) and had to cancel the T-Mo order because they took the order (and so the money), sent me information telling me that the phone was going to be shipped in one or two days but, a day later T-Mo sent me a message telling me that it wasn't going to be shipped yet. Just told me "your order is pending without an estimated delivery or shipping date, we will contact you when ready".
    So T-Mo has been screwing up clients by selling something they don't have in stock either.

Yes! Got this close last time!

http://i.jaybuz.me/Google-Play-Store-N4.png
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am still holding on for a white one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Solve
    Answer
    ______

There are far worse things in life to worry about right now than the back order of a cell phone. Relax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
    Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)