Nexus 4 Screenshots: Share them here!

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded that app but I can't get it to work for some reason. It won't change them. Will have to do some more playing.

As for Photoshop, if you want to play with it Adobe just released an unrestricted use for their older CS2 suite. You can download it for free. Give it a go. There are lots of tutorials on YouTube. Adobe - CS2 Downloads

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

in MPLW go to settings, you have to "add" screens and from there you can set a different wall for each screen. im not sure what settings for wallpaper you need to do in apex or nova. watch this and maybe it will help with MPLW.
How to Theme your Android Phone like a Mega Boss - YouTube

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Quick question, are you guys saving/backing up any of your screens or do you just start over? If you save, what method are you using and what launcher?

as soon as I'm done i take a screenshot of all the homescreens and lockscreen. Then i use the backup feature (in nova and widget locker) to save all my work. Apex's backup restore/feature is lame compared to novas. It doesn't do anything with widgets. It still does icons, and all the settings though. What I do for apex any time i'm done, is make a separate folder (just like 'apex themes'), and other subfolders in the theme folder (like 'dark grey' or 'blue and white' or whatever) and cut and paste all the backups into each appropriate folder. I say this because when you backup something in apex, and then do another theme and do a backup for that, it will replace your previous backup :(. So anytime you want to restore your theme, just cut and paste your files from the folder you created back into the directory apex "reads", and you can restore your stuff (no widgets though). be sure to save all your UCCW widgets, minimalistic text, or any other widget that you lets you do backup/restore. hope this helps!

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have primarily been using Nova as it does a few more things. And the backup is better as it saves by date. I switched to Apex again for my latest screen as I thought that it was supporting the multi screen feature but it doesn't so I may go back to nova.

although i prefer nova, i have been using apex more often for the sole fact that most themers seem to prefer/use it. applying the same settings that the themer did (in apex) to nova will not turn out the same. they both render wallpapers differently, and UCCW doesn't behave the same with each one. I just hope that apex gets the restore widget feature soon!

anon406695

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
SfkwC.png

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
as soon as I'm done i take a screenshot of all the homescreens and lockscreen. Then i use the backup feature (in nova and widget locker) to save all my work. Apex's backup restore/feature is lame compared to novas. It doesn't do anything with widgets. It still does icons, and all the settings though. What I do for apex any time i'm done, is make a separate folder (just like 'apex themes'), and other subfolders in the theme folder (like 'dark grey' or 'blue and white' or whatever) and cut and paste all the backups into each appropriate folder. I say this because when you backup something in apex, and then do another theme and do a backup for that, it will replace your previous backup :(. So anytime you want to restore your theme, just cut and paste your files from the folder you created back into the directory apex "reads", and you can restore your stuff (no widgets though). be sure to save all your UCCW widgets, minimalistic text, or any other widget that you lets you do backup/restore. hope this helps!

Thanks for the tips on the back up. I messed around with Apex the other night and discovered the somewhat limited back up choices.

I did download Widget Locker today and am on the fence about it. It does what I was looking for but it is a little buggy. It looks like it eliminates the access to the camera from the lock screen?

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips on the back up. I messed around with Apex the other night and discovered the somewhat limited back up choices.

I did download Widget Locker today and am on the fence about it. It does what I was looking for but it is a little buggy. It looks like it eliminates the access to the camera from the lock screen?

you can't swipe the screen to the left like in the stock lockscreen to get to the camera if thats what you mean. but you can easily edit a custom slider or place an icon to have quick access to the camera.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Back to simple. 1 screen, the 2 outside dock icons are for phone and applications, the middle 4 are folders each with my 6 most used apps in each category. Widget is beautiful widgets clock. Nova launcher and metro station icons.

3upa4yna.jpg

60% of the time it works every time!
*T-Mobile HSPA+42 Nexus 4*

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Back to simple. 1 screen, the 2 outside dock icons are for phone and applications, the middle 4 are folders each with my 6 most used apps in each category. Widget is beautiful widgets clock. Nova launcher and metro station icons.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/3upa4yna.jpg

60% of the time it works every time!
*T-Mobile HSPA+42 Nexus 4*
Daredevil was always my favorite.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay well I finally finished my setup. Took some fiddling and learning but I managed to get a good system designed.

I created this based on that last Danut design from Mycolorscreen, but redesigned it all in photoshop with a Nexus theme. The main screen has all my favorite apps with a couple of folders. The Nexus logo opens the app drawer and the text links direct to the corresponding pages which are all color coded to match the Nexus theme. Once you are on the corresponding pages the text link highlights and becomes a folder with a full list of apps pertaining to that section.

uploadfromtaptalk1357976528190.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357976540538.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357976553228.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357976567404.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357976577174.jpg

I used:
Nova launcher
Multi picture live wallpaper
Simple text
Metrostation icons
Minimalistic Text
Desktop visualizer
Widgetsoid
Eye in the sky weather
Equalizer.

If anyone likes it I can send it to you. PM me.

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've got a question that I can't figure out, maybe I'm dumb? Let's say you download an icon pack from the Play store. I see a lot of people that make these themes in Photoshop with the icons from the packs and them use them for UCCW's. How can you actually view all of the icons in the packs? I can't see how you can actually save a picture of a particular icon. Basically what I was trying to do was take a UCCW that someone already made and change some of the icons in it but it seems it all has to be done through PS? Hopefully this makes sense?

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Here's one modified a bit, props to BRKotucs and Black Bear Blanc for the Google Now icon.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358008798481.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358008798481.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 465

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've got a question that I can't figure out, maybe I'm dumb? Let's say you download an icon pack from the Play store. I see a lot of people that make these themes in Photoshop with the icons from the packs and them use them for UCCW's. How can you actually view all of the icons in the packs? I can't see how you can actually save a picture of a particular icon. Basically what I was trying to do was take a UCCW that someone already made and change some of the icons in it but it seems it all has to be done through PS? Hopefully this makes sense?
I haven't used UCCW much so I can't help you on that part, but if you want some icons made let me know and I can help you out.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

this is a good question, i was wondering this too. i tried using airdroid to access the files to get the particular icons i want but couldn't figure it out. here's what i did to accomplish changing the icons in UCCW (I did this with one of BRK's themes). He always links what icons he used for that particular theme, so click on the link and download the theme (not the apk, the zip file), extract the zip, and you should be able to find the icons you want. Then I transferred the icon to my SD card, added an image in UCCW, and just scale it/re-position it over the other icon, and change the hotspot. if this doesnt make sense let me know :)

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
this is a good question, i was wondering this too. i tried using airdroid to access the files to get the particular icons i want but couldn't figure it out. here's what i did to accomplish changing the icons in UCCW (I did this with one of BRK's themes). He always links what icons he used for that particular theme, so click on the link and download the theme (not the apk, the zip file), extract the zip, and you should be able to find the icons you want. Then I transferred the icon to my SD card, added an image in UCCW, and just scale it/re-position it over the other icon, and change the hotspot. if this doesnt make sense let me know :)

That totally makes sense, exactly what I was running into. I'll have to try the zip route because I would imagine that when downloading from the play store it's an apk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20