Nexus 4 Screenshots: Share them here!

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
When you download an icon pack from the play store, it'll generate an apk file in your virtual sdcard. You can use a file explorer to view the inside of the file and the icons will be in one of the sub folders in the /res folder

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Something new from me. I used a picture I took in the desert and edited it in photo shop. Zooper widget pro, nova launcher prime, color rounds icons are what I used. I hid the dock and hid the notification bar.

Inspired by RikNik at my color screen.
a3everes.jpg

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
When you download an icon pack from the play store, it'll generate an apk file in your virtual sdcard. You can use a file explorer to view the inside of the file and the icons will be in one of the sub folders in the /res folder

I currently am using ES File Explorer and still do not see where they are stored. I'm wondering if you have to be rooted in order to see these folders?

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I currently am using ES File Explorer and still do not see where they are stored. I'm wondering if you have to be rooted in order to see these folders?

Oh i see. Yes my phone is rooted. Another way is to use a backup program to generate the apk then you can use es file explorer to view the inside folders

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

you can access them with airdroid but i dont think i was able to do what you were describing

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
you can access them with airdroid but i dont think i was able to do what you were describing

If you can access them, download it and rename apk to zip. Then extract on your pc. I think that may work for you. On the phone when I want to check what icons are inside an apk I just use root explorer to extract it. Most likely es file explorer has the same ability

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If you can access them, download it and rename apk to zip. Then extract on your pc. I think that may work for you. On the phone when I want to check what icons are inside an apk I just use root explorer to extract it. Most likely es file explorer has the same ability

yea thanks, and if renaming it from apk to zip on computer doesn't work im sure i can transfer the downloaded apk to a non root directory and extract it via ES file explorer. cool beans.

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I finally decided to toy around with Nova Launcher. I have really enjoyed the stock android experience, coming from SGSII with TouchWiz, so I was a little nervous about downloading another launcher. Thus far, I haven't seen any reduction in performance or stability. With the customization available through Nova, I have been able to present my folders on my home screen in a very clean, minimalist fashion.

This is a before and after...

Attachments

• 2013-01-13 22.48.53.png
    2013-01-13 22.48.53.png
    654.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 2013-01-13 20.42.18.png
    2013-01-13 20.42.18.png
    900.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members