Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
11-16-2012 12:22 PM
527 replies
Like Tree797Likes
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Carrier
    Stock / Stock

Default Re: Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!

Quote Originally Posted by vietmode View Post
    With flash try holding the shoot button down until flash is off, then release to take the photo. results are much better, then just pressing the shoot and it focuses and takes the picture. try it and report back!
    Hey thanks its much better.

Holding button
    Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!-uploadfromtaptalk1355803243409.jpg

Not holding button
    Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!-uploadfromtaptalk1355803274395.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    neofo likes this.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothernewphone View Post
    This is a shot I took with my Nexus 4:

http://i.imgur.com/OuZey.jpg

and with my HTC One X:

http://i.imgur.com/QZ3t6.jpg
    No detail in the HTC, look at the nearest part of the settee, the Nexus 4 you can see the material, HTC is just a blur.

Quote Originally Posted by mmace View Post
    No detail in the HTC, look at the nearest part of the settee, the Nexus 4 you can see the material, HTC is just a blur.
    What on Earth are you seeing? N4 is the fuzzier, softer focus of the two. Show me any picture taken by an HTC One X or iPhone 5 side-by-side against a shot with the Nexus 4 and it's very clear which camera comes in second.

HTC cameras make me drool. If I didn't own a dSLR, the One X may be the best camera I've owned (never hand a good quality point-and-shoot).

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    What on Earth are you seeing?
    look at the red settee, bottom/centre, zoom in 100%
    you can clearly see the material & lines in the Nexus 4 shot
    in the HTC shot you can see artificial sharpening (look at the PC monitor for more), over saturation and none of the detail in the material

Sorry for the dumb Q but how do you guys get the pics from the N4 to here? ...or I have them in DropBox too, but on here it wants a URL. What's the easy method?

radio

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radiocycle View Post
    Sorry for the dumb Q but how do you guys get the pics from the N4 to here? ...or I have them in DropBox too, but on here it wants a URL. What's the easy method?

radio
    go "advanced" when replying and manage attachments, you can then upload to here
    or alternatively, go to dropbox website, view your photo, right click it and copy the URL so you have the link you mentioned you needed
    radiocycle likes this.

Or use the android forum app... It's easier that way...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    radiocycle likes this.

Ah... Thanks guys! Looking over both methods.

r
    badbrad17 likes this.

I took my Nexus 4 on my wife and I's cruise this past week. I am very pleased with how they turned out. I played around with panoramic and Photo Sphere with some of them.

Here is the Google+ album of all of these pictures. My favorite picture is the Photo Sphere picture of the Falmouth Jamacia cruise port at dusk. I may get it printed and framed for my house.

Until I figure out how to share individual pictures from Google+, this is the best I can do.....
    aggie and badbrad17 like this.

Carrier
    Stock 4.2.1

Okay so my opinion on camera quality. There are a few conditions you have to have in order to get really nice pictures from this phone in its current state:

1. Good lighting (a general requirement for most camera phones)
    2. An incredibly steady hand (preferrably two handed shooting)
    3. appropriate exposure setting

I feel like most people are having trouble with their cameras (as I was in the beginning) because the phone has to be held absolutely still in order to take great pictures. I think some anti-blur/stability optimization in the camera software will help a lot in this aspect if Google decides to implement it. I tried taking macro-like pictures of small things around the house and they only come out well if I play around with the focus a bit before taking the picture and making sure my hand is as still as possible.

The lens is good, but the camera software needs some work.
    badbrad17 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,267 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdo0815 View Post
    I took my Nexus 4 on my wife and I's cruise this past week. I am very pleased with how they turned out. I played around with panoramic and Photo Sphere with some of them.

Here is the Google+ album of all of these pictures. My favorite picture is the Photo Sphere picture of the Falmouth Jamacia cruise port at dusk. I may get it printed and framed for my house.

Until I figure out how to share individual pictures from Google+, this is the best I can do.....
    Very cool. Can't wait to play with these Photosphere images in photoshop.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Front camera
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!-bunny.jpg  

Normal :

HDR :
    neofo likes this.

On most cell phones, the camera lens is flush with the back of the device. The problem this creates is glare on the lens, either from direct sun light, or even from a bright white clouded sky. This glare basically sucks all the contrast (highlights and shadows) out of the image, leaving it much flatter looking. Sometimes a case helps fix this, because it protrudes out over the lens, but with or without a case, you can often times improve the quality of an image by using your free hand, held at the top of your phone, to put the lens in shade. This typically makes your images much more vibrant. If this location is nearby, try it out around the same time of day that this was taken. I'm not saying all this to tell you it's is a bad image, but I would want to know if there was an easy way to make something better. Photography is how I make my living.
    DeadpoolJunior and aggie like this.

Me and my gf modified using nothing my the nexus filters

And the second is no filters no enhancements.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!-uploadfromtaptalk1356115480647.jpg   Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!-uploadfromtaptalk1356115507069.jpg  
    neofo likes this.

Sent from my Franco'd Nexus 4

Global Posts
    3,267 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Well I feel that this camera is certainly not the best camera available, but it is very good "if" you are willing to play with it a bit in order to know what its strengths and weaknesses are. I am coming from a Samsung Galaxy S2X which has a fantastic camera. Here are my comments.

1. The settings make a huge difference. It is worth changing the exposure settings to a + or - depending on the situation
    2. Hold the button down when you have flash on in order to allow the camera to adjust the exposure. It make a big difference.
    3. Allow the camera to focus properly on close ups. Don't just click away when you have the time to take a good shot.
    4. Try to not use a flash in low light. This is where this camera shines.

Here are a couple of shots I took. One without flash and exposure setting to -1 and the other with flash and exposure set to -2.
    Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!-santa-close.jpg
    Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!-santa-flash.jpg

I feel that the camera may be better than my GS2 in some cases but worse in others. Will continue to experiment with it.
    neofo likes this.

I am not a flower person, but uh here you go.

Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!-uploadfromtaptalk1356210425417.jpg

Sent from my mako ()
    neofo likes this.

I like the shot with the same person across the 360.

A lot of my shots are coming out very blurry / poorly focused. I tried holding down the button to take the pics, and that helps some. However, it's about 50/50 if the shot I take is acceptably clear or not. Changing the exposure settings helps some. HDR shots are usually horrid. I think the problem may mainly be indoors, but haven't taken enough pictures to be sure. Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    3,267 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by GopherDroid View Post
    A lot of my shots are coming out very blurry / poorly focused. I tried holding down the button to take the pics, and that helps some. However, it's about 50/50 if the shot I take is acceptably clear or not. Changing the exposure settings helps some. HDR shots are usually horrid. I think the problem may mainly be indoors, but haven't taken enough pictures to be sure. Any suggestions?
    Download Camera FX. It's a great app. I think there will be an update soon for the focus issue. The flash is also very bright but ironically I have been getting pretty good results taking flash shots in larger spaces. Normally a phone flash is useless from any distance but this works well.

A few pics. unedited. I like the photo quality. I think the camera takes better shots than my 4S as a whole.

Angrygimp likes this.

Simple
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!-2012-12-25-14.16.54.jpg  
    aggie, Angrygimp, neofo and 1 others like this.

taken with photosphere. Wish it didn't chop it up
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast