Nexus 4 on Verizon

Matthew Chenette

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I own an iPhone 4S and was wanting to buy a Nexus 4. If I were to put my Verizon micro-SIM in the Nexus 4, would it work? I feel like it should be a pretty obvious answer but I haven't been able to find it.

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I own an iPhone 4S and was wanting to buy a Nexus 4. If I were to put my Verizon micro-SIM in the Nexus 4, would it work? I feel like it should be a pretty obvious answer but I haven't been able to find it.

No. Different technologies.

It would be like putting a Super NES cartridge in a Genesis.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

even with the contract termination. Fee. May still be saving money by going to t-mobile or at&t are your options:) the early termination. Fee is 175 minus 5 dollars for each full month of service you have been on contract plus https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...b2c/support/customer-agreement&token=IN63wZoO nexus 4 at either 299 or 350 and you have your inital cost..

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
even with the contract termination. Fee. May still be saving money by going to t-mobile or at&t are your options:) the early termination. Fee is 175 minus 5 dollars for each full month of service you have been on contract plus Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless nexus 4 at either 299 or 350 and you have your inital cost..

Plus he could sell his 4S to make up for those costs as well.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You can't use the Nexus 4 on Verizon, you never will. Only GSM carriers :)

Never say never, no telling what may happen in the coming months. I fully expect a version to appear on Sprint in the spring, just like the "HSPA+ only" Nexus S, and later the Galaxy Nexus. If a CDMA Nexus 4 appears, Verizon may add it to their line. Sprint is friendlier to Google than Verizon, however, so take that as you will.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Never say never, no telling what may happen in the coming months. I fully expect a version to appear on Sprint in the spring, just like the "HSPA+ only" Nexus S, and later the Galaxy Nexus. If a CDMA Nexus 4 appears, Verizon may add it to their line. Sprint is friendlier to Google than Verizon, however, so take that as you will.

That wasn't really the question, though.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I won't say never, I will however mention that the day Google announces they are going to repeat the Galaxy Nexus debacle is the day I'm going to start carrying a stainless-steel umbrella and wearing double-insulated long johns here in the summer, because when the pigs start to fly they are going to crap all over everything and pig crap is HEAVY, and when hell freezes over I'm going to appreciate a little warmth.

LG is already wiling to play ball in a very non-Nexus way with Verizon and Sprint, and that's the way Verizon and Sprint like their smartphones. Long Android OS release times mean rapidly obsolescent software on phones and a desire to upgrade frequently, which keeps people on rolling 2-year contracts like meth addicts. There will be plenty of phones on Verizon that put paid to the hardware specs on the N4 and will probably include the three things Google does not want on the N4. LTE, SD, and replaceable battery. People will buy them up like hotcakes on contract, and that's just fine.

If my Verizon Thunderbolt had any hope of going to Jelly Bean, which the hardware can probably do, I'd probably not be giving a Nexus 4 a second glance this time around. But we can't even get Verizon to give enough of a (poop) to put ICS on it.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be counting on a new model of the N4 being released soon. If you desire it soo much swap carriers, but the 4s isn't a bad phone as such though.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
To the OP, just buy the N4 and get a prepaid $30 plan on T Mobile. If you love the phone and the service, cancel Verizon, pay the ETF, and sell your iPhone on ebay. If you don't love the phone or the service, sell the N4 on ebay and keep your Verizon plan. Either way, I seriously doubt you'll loose a single dollar when it's all done.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, just buy the N4 and get a prepaid $30 plan on T Mobile. If you love the phone and the service, cancel Verizon, pay the ETF, and sell your iPhone on ebay. If you don't love the phone or the service, sell the N4 on ebay and keep your Verizon plan. Either way, I seriously doubt you'll loose a single dollar when it's all done.

or he can just return the n4 within 15 days but then there's that restocking fee...

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
even with the contract termination. Fee. May still be saving money by going to t-mobile or at&t are your options:) the early termination. Fee is 175 minus 5 dollars for each full month of service you have been on contract plus Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless nexus 4 at either 299 or 350 and you have your inital cost..

Verizon's ETF starts at $350, not $175, bub.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Verizon's ETF is $350 minus $10 every month. I don't understand why people cry about the ETF so much. Sell your iphone 4s for like $300-$350 and your ETF is paid for.

- - - Updated - - -

The best thing that happened to the Nexus 4 is that Verizon isn't getting it.