Nexus 4: Wifi authentication error

PhillyPhatFan

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Im confused it says authentication error when trying to connect to my home wifi but my S3 and Htc One X are connected with no problem? if this cant b fix im going to be selling my phone -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wifi authentication error

Its my nexus that isnt connecting and im looking at the s3 setting what am i looking for?

If you've had a Nexus phone before and have changed the wifi password (encryption) since, when you restore from your Google backup it may be using the old password. I'm not sure if that's the case but, this happend to me once.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

"forget" the network and start over. Its called troubleshooting, there are lots of things you can rule out here!

PhillyPhatFan

May 9, 2012
Visit site

"forget" the network and start over. Its called troubleshooting, there are lots of things you can rule out here!

i did that like 5 times, turn off wifi turned it back on, turned off my phone, factory reset twice so anything esle i should try....... I no I Put in the password correct?

Prabin Maharjan

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

i'm also facing some problem and now i manually enter SSID and now i'ts working. Previously my nexus 7 didn't connect with WEP encryption and open authentication also. Now it's working try in that way also.

X0LARIUM

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

There is this app on the marketplace called WiFi Ace or something. Try that. Its a bit lengthy but it works in the end.

I had the dame issue with my RaZr in the beginning until I ditched the stock ROM and flashed a custom one...everything fine since then..

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

If it works anything like 4.1, go to Settings--Wifi. Make sure wifi on the phone is on. Press and hold the name of the network you want to connect to but can't. It should bring up the option to "forget this network." Select that. Then refresh to see the networks in range, select your network again, and put in your passcode.

Routers sometimes goof with this kind of stuff in terms of DHCP. The N4 should handle whatever security you have on your network.

Chessen

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Oddly, I have this error when I'm up in my room where signal is low, but as soon as I get close to my router, the problem goes away and I can connect with full signal. I don't know what causes this, but it's annoying. I'm a Nexus 7 user, by the way.

Peter Dhillon

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

This was happening to me at my workplace. I went to advanced settings for my work wi-fi and modified Dynamic IP to Static IP. So far this has worked me and I have yet to disconnect/unauthenticate. Nexus 4 user.

jfairjo

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

Have a Sanei 7" N79 3G tablet/phone password seems accepted but asking for authentification for wifi any ideas?

Ste05

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

Oddly, I have this error when I'm up in my room where signal is low, but as soon as I get close to my router, the problem goes away and I can connect with full signal. I don't know what causes this, but it's annoying. I'm a Nexus 7 user, by the way.
This is exactly what happens to me as well!! Everything else I connect to WiFi connects fine. Highly annoying!!

Jerry Luke

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

This tablet is running Android ICS. If the wireless you are connecting to is using WPA or WPA2 security you will need to set it to WEP or none for your tablet to work. This is known bug.
It solved my problem.

Shirley Dufour

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

I have a MiTraveler tablet and I. Cannot connect to the internet. I have attached wireless. Please tell me how I can connect. It keeps saying authentication problem.

sabrina Syeda

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I recently bought the nexus 4 and have been trying every single method to get the Wi-Fi to work-but no such luck. All it states is-'authentication problem'. It's security protected so I changed it to WEP but it's still not working! Please help!

Litening73

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

This was happening to me at my workplace. I went to advanced settings for my work wi-fi and modified Dynamic IP to Static IP. So far this has worked me and I have yet to disconnect/unauthenticate. Nexus 4 user.

Thanks Peter. Fixing IP address seems to have worked for me for now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae