what the heck is with the font on the lockscreen for the clock on jb 4.2?

runningman3433

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 46835

they made the font size for the hour super bold. i can understand the reasoning but it looks hideous! i like uniformity.

also went into the settings menu on the click, encoutered a birght red font for the title. very strange!

just some random musings.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I actually kinda like the font of the clock on 4.2, though mine is on my Galaxy Nexus, as I wasn't able to order a Nexus 4 on launch.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They should allow some settings to adjust how heavy the clock is, but you don't have to use it. Download some widgets and put something else up there. Problem solved. This isn't Apple forcing you to live with whatever they give you with no option to change things.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't like it. Don't care for the lock screens either. I like the lock screen on the Lumia 920 much better. I would rather have them in one place instead of how they are. Why so big??? However, I like the phone and I'm glad I got mine today so, rant is over.

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Somehow the font grows on you. Hated it but now I'm liking it. That's just me though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Somehow the font grows on you. Hated it but now I'm liking it. That's just me though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I always found little things like humorous. Its weird how it happens, but I guess we grow to adapt. You know like little imperfections which some how make it perfect?

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
rant. ok powered up jellybean 4.2, was met with a monstrous ugly font for the clock. what is this? i thought it was a bug!

I don't mind it on my Nexus 4 honestly, but my wife thought her N7 was screwed up when she saw it right after updating it lol!

I don't like it. Don't care for the lock screens either. I like the lock screen on the Lumia 920 much better. I would rather have them in one place instead of how they are. Why so big??? However, I like the phone and I'm glad I got mine today so, rant is over.

I've got a 920 also although it's probably going on craigslist next week, just not enough changes in WP8 to make me go back yet. The lockscreen stuff is much more customizable on the Nexus 4 by far.

I am sure there will apps to modify the lock screen.

You already can, I put a different clock on my wife's N7 becuse she didn't care for the new one either.

Quick Edit - Forgot to put in a link, OP try this one it's what I used on my wife's N7. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...MudW5ib2xkZWRjbG9ja3dpZGdldCJd&token=44qSJ8Ni

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12