View Poll Results: Nexus 4 or Droid DNA?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Droid DNA

2 10.53%
  • Nexus 4

16 84.21%
  • Wait a bit more

1 5.26%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reign831
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 or Droid DNA?

This time on Tuesday I was reveling in the fact that I could finally, finally, upgrade from my Droid Incredible and stay on Verizon's network to a phone I desperately wanted. Then came concerns about the DNA's battery life and real world performance. Now I'm exploring other options; namely, the Nexus 4.

My main concern is that I'll have to switch networks, most likely to T-Mobile, which isn't a problem where I currently am (college) but would be a problem when I go home for breaks. T-Mobile covers approximately 0% of my county with 3G. AT&T is always an option but it's more expensive and, at least to be the best of my knowledge, they are no longer pushing HSPA+ which is a bit of an issue due to the lack of 4G.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

Default Re: Nexus 4 or Droid DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidColors View Post
    This time on Tuesday I was reveling in the fact that I could finally, finally, upgrade from my Droid Incredible and stay on Verizon's network to a phone I desperately wanted. Then came concerns about the DNA's battery life and real world performance. Now I'm exploring other options; namely, the Nexus 4.

My main concern is that I'll have to switch networks, most likely to T-Mobile, which isn't a problem where I currently am (college) but would be a problem when I go home for breaks. T-Mobile covers approximately 0% of my county with 3G. AT&T is always an option but it's more expensive and, at least to be the best of my knowledge, they are no longer pushing HSPA+ which is a bit of an issue due to the lack of 4G.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions

That might push you away from the DNA.

Have you thought about going prepaid?

You can get AT&T service for $45 a month through with the Nexus 4.
    LiquidColors likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by reignx777 View Post

That might push you away from the DNA.

Have you thought about going prepaid?

You can get AT&T service for $45 a month through with the Nexus 4.
    That was actually the first nail in the coffin, I'm quite a fan of the Verge's reviews and their dislike of nearly everything but the screen worried me.

Also, I'm almost completely sure that I will be going prepaid regardless of what network I choose. If Google is going to give me the choice to cheaply upgrade to a new Nexus phone each year I'm going to take it.

I've considered Strait Talk, do you have any experience with the network? As petty as this may sound, I'm a bit nervous about a wireless service provided through Walmart.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidColors View Post
    That was actually the first nail in the coffin, I'm quite a fan of the Verge's reviews and their dislike of nearly everything but the screen worried me.

Also, I'm almost completely sure that I will be going prepaid regardless of what network I choose. If Google is going to give me the choice to cheaply upgrade to a new Nexus phone each year I'm going to take it.

I've considered Strait Talk, do you have any experience with the network? As petty as this may sound, I'm a bit nervous about a wireless service provided through Walmart.
    The service is just sold at Wal-Mart, and that's it. The network is provided by AT&T's towers, so you shouldn't notice any difference in your phone's coverage (Also, you can use T-Mobile's service through Straight Talk as well- you choose which provider you want when you order the SIM).

I don't have any experience with them, but I do have my Straight Talk SIM sitting right here waiting until I have the chance to get a Nexus. I've tested T-Mobile around here and it's pretty good, so I thought I would see how AT&T is too. I'll probably still end up on the T-Mobile $30 a month plan though.

The Verge doesn't really like anything, though. I like them too, but they're super critical most of the time. I take them with a grain of salt.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA