View Poll Results: Nexus 4 or Droid DNA?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Droid DNA

    2 10.53%
  • Nexus 4

    16 84.21%
  • Wait a bit more

    1 5.26%
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reign831
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 4 or Droid DNA?

    This time on Tuesday I was reveling in the fact that I could finally, finally, upgrade from my Droid Incredible and stay on Verizon's network to a phone I desperately wanted. Then came concerns about the DNA's battery life and real world performance. Now I'm exploring other options; namely, the Nexus 4.

    My main concern is that I'll have to switch networks, most likely to T-Mobile, which isn't a problem where I currently am (college) but would be a problem when I go home for breaks. T-Mobile covers approximately 0% of my county with 3G. AT&T is always an option but it's more expensive and, at least to be the best of my knowledge, they are no longer pushing HSPA+ which is a bit of an issue due to the lack of 4G.

    I would appreciate any and all suggestions
  2. #2  
    reign831's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

    Default Re: Nexus 4 or Droid DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidColors View Post
    This time on Tuesday I was reveling in the fact that I could finally, finally, upgrade from my Droid Incredible and stay on Verizon's network to a phone I desperately wanted. Then came concerns about the DNA's battery life and real world performance. Now I'm exploring other options; namely, the Nexus 4.

    My main concern is that I'll have to switch networks, most likely to T-Mobile, which isn't a problem where I currently am (college) but would be a problem when I go home for breaks. T-Mobile covers approximately 0% of my county with 3G. AT&T is always an option but it's more expensive and, at least to be the best of my knowledge, they are no longer pushing HSPA+ which is a bit of an issue due to the lack of 4G.

    I would appreciate any and all suggestions


    That might push you away from the DNA.

    Have you thought about going prepaid?

    You can get AT&T service for $45 a month through with the Nexus 4.
    LiquidColors likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 or Droid DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by reignx777 View Post


    That might push you away from the DNA.

    Have you thought about going prepaid?

    You can get AT&T service for $45 a month through with the Nexus 4.
    That was actually the first nail in the coffin, I'm quite a fan of the Verge's reviews and their dislike of nearly everything but the screen worried me.

    Also, I'm almost completely sure that I will be going prepaid regardless of what network I choose. If Google is going to give me the choice to cheaply upgrade to a new Nexus phone each year I'm going to take it.

    I've considered Strait Talk, do you have any experience with the network? As petty as this may sound, I'm a bit nervous about a wireless service provided through Walmart.
  4. #4  
    reign831's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

    Default Re: Nexus 4 or Droid DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidColors View Post
    That was actually the first nail in the coffin, I'm quite a fan of the Verge's reviews and their dislike of nearly everything but the screen worried me.

    Also, I'm almost completely sure that I will be going prepaid regardless of what network I choose. If Google is going to give me the choice to cheaply upgrade to a new Nexus phone each year I'm going to take it.

    I've considered Strait Talk, do you have any experience with the network? As petty as this may sound, I'm a bit nervous about a wireless service provided through Walmart.
    The service is just sold at Wal-Mart, and that's it. The network is provided by AT&T's towers, so you shouldn't notice any difference in your phone's coverage (Also, you can use T-Mobile's service through Straight Talk as well- you choose which provider you want when you order the SIM).

    I don't have any experience with them, but I do have my Straight Talk SIM sitting right here waiting until I have the chance to get a Nexus. I've tested T-Mobile around here and it's pretty good, so I thought I would see how AT&T is too. I'll probably still end up on the T-Mobile $30 a month plan though.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 or Droid DNA?

    The Verge doesn't really like anything, though. I like them too, but they're super critical most of the time. I take them with a grain of salt.

    Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 4 VS Droid DNA
    By dsass600 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 04:57 PM
  2. Nexus 4 or Droid DNA?
    By eddiesmiles in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 06:10 PM
  3. Droid Razr Maxx, Galaxy Nexus or
    By Droid_Evo_8 in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
  4. Nexus One, Incredible or Droid X?
    By torifile in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 10:27 PM
  5. nexus or droid
    By aquaj13 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

B